Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
So is the Steam version in the Middle East uncensored? I'm in Lebanon and already preordered on Steam and I would love to know.

I don't know anything about the Steam version, I am sorry. I guess it will be like the GOG version (uncensored) though this is just my speculation. Can't you cancel your pre-order on Steam and order on GOG instead since we have confirmation about the GOG version and beside you'll get DRM free game (A huge benefit in my eyes).

This is the dedicated thread to discuss the issue.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35420-Censored-versions-of-the-game?p=1633020#post1633020

This is the only article I have seen that discusses the gog uncensored version.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...gcom-no-censorship-green-man-gaming-shut-out/

So assuming that the article is correct (which it might not be), then yes the gog version is uncensored. However it appears that other versions do not have that benefit.I would strongly urge caution before changing anything for this reason unless we get an official confirmation from CDPR. However, there are other reasons to buy from gog. Support CDPR because they are one of the few gaming companies that largely does it right.

Yeah I got that. I only posted my response because I thought it was best to just put all the information out there and move the conversation to the correct thread.

Anyone knows if we will have free camera look with the mouse on the PC? Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard something in the Q&A that the camera will be locked and will only move on itself when you go into combat (it will zoom out) and when you go inside houses it will zoom in. But maybe that's only the case on the controller setup/console version.

Hi Rivenll,

Can you update this information based on my recent findings ?

Thank you for the information. I've added it to the main list, as well as a couple items regrading languages. (Ay, @wichat.571 & @Rawls I am off in the dark, but this is the one project to which I have a commitment. While I cannot answer all questions, I try to stop in, and make corrections, when I can.)

Last edited:
Question about pre-order details that I can't seem to find anywhere.

The Witcher 3 Amazon Exclusive has a Comic Bundle bonus listed here:

http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Wild-...UTF8&qid=1431036176&sr=8-1&keywords=witcher+3

Which describes it as:

This 48-page hardcover comic describes the events preceding the Killing Monsters trailer.

But then goes on to state:

The Witcher House of Glass extends the universe known from critically acclaimed video games and books, and delivers a compelling tale of adventure, horror and mystery.

I can't find any information on whether or not this comic is the same as the "House of Glass" volume that was released last year, which collects comics 1 through 5. While reading House of Glass, I pegged it for being a prequel in the Last Wish time-frame of novels as it happens to be about Geralt's near death experience in The Black Forest. The Amazon Exclusive comic however states, whatever story it is, taking place essentially before The Witcher 3 "Killing Monsters." Additionally this hard cover is 48 pages, while the "House of Glass Volume" is 120ish, so at first glance it seems they are separate.

Also is this hard cover going to be for sale individually after W3 is on sale for a while?

House of Glass Volume 1 (which I already own): http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-1-Pau...036366&sr=8-1&keywords=witcher+house+of+glass

Last edited:
Hi all,
just in case it was asked somewhere on the 9 pages..sorry for not reading all of it. I only checked the FAQ on the first post.
Does the PSN Version also contain the Soundtrack or other elements that you would get on the retail version of the PS4?
Obviously you cannot provide physical items through a download but maybe a scanned version of the prints or the digital soundtrack instead of the disc...

Thx in advance

Hi all,
just in case it was asked somewhere on the 9 pages..sorry for not reading all of it. I only checked the FAQ on the first post.
Does the PSN Version also contain the Soundtrack or other elements that you would get on the retail version of the PS4?
Obviously you cannot provide physical items through a download but maybe a scanned version of the prints or the digital soundtrack instead of the disc...

Thx in advance

I don't know the answer to you question. In looking at https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...hunt/cid=UP4497-CUSA00527_00-0000000000000002, it appears that the soundtrack is not included. But that is just a guess.

I've now added a few more important details to the main list.

My apologies to @Donnerkaese and @thehawkness but I don't seem able to answer either of your questions. thehawkness: I recommend contacting Amazon.com directly regarding the comic question. Donnerkaese: the same advice: contact the PlayStation Store about digital content. Sorry I can't be more help.

Last edited:
Haven't had time to read all posts but in case no one has previously, I thank RivenII for putting in the hours here on our behalves. Sterling work sir! :)
Fascinating stuff on 'censored' versions. Censored is a loaded word and my understanding is that CD PR &/or GOG are only complying with local regulations concerning sex, violence and profanities. I thank the Cyberlords that I live in a liberal country with relaxed regulation concerning these matters. For me personally, one of the major attractions of the Witcher series is the 'real' language. I'm confident of this carrying over to W3 as I saw a clip in which Geralt is told to F**k Off. That's just the kind of dialogue that makes me Lol. :) As to the sex, I was glad of the option to partake in W2 but the actual event was discreet to say the least, unless I had a 'censored' version. Oh no, maybe there's an even more explicit version out there? If there is, I'm gonna write to my MP to get our censorship laws changed! :)

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

Sorry to add to your burden RivenII but I have a question. I've seen some gameplay and Geralt spends quite a lot of time on horseback. Do you know if you can just walk the horse, or is it usually quite speedy travel? I'm slightly concerned as my system has an i3 CPU, (I know is below min specs), and while I'm confident of high settings for normal speed rendering, would obviously struggle on high if I have to travel thru the scenery so fast.

As far as we know the horse does indeed have multiple gaits. So far we've seen walk, trot and gallop.

i would like to ask some questions too...

1. Interaction with the environment:
In Witcher 2, Geralt was able to light torches and fireplaces. I would assume he can also in W3? What else can he do? (besides from igniting explosive barrels, crush stuff using aard...) Can he - for example - sit on benches/chairs?

2. Crafting
I have seen there is now a wider variety in consumables - so Geralt can not only use Potions but also food and drinks. Does someone in here know whether or not we will be able to "cook" food (in alchemy or at an NPC) or are we supposed to eat raw wolf livers? I would at least think that you can buy food from various merchants.

3. Ingredients:
In W2, herbs didn't have weight at all - you were able to gather as much as you liked to. Does someone know if this is different in W3?

4. one more: Skills
Once equipped, can you change your skills? How do you do that? Can you do this at any time? I know that you can spend money to re-set your skillpoints (but you will loose the skillpoints acquired trough places of power?), but i am asking about unlocked skills you "equip"

Last edited:
i would like to ask some questions too...
4. one more: Skills
Once equipped, can you change your skills? How do you do that? Can you do this at any time? I know that you can spend money to re-set your skillpoints (but you will loose the skillpoints acquired trough places of power?), but i am asking about unlocked skills you "equip"

4. Yes you can switch as long as you are not in combat. IIRC EDIT: I'd assume you just go into the character menu and "equip" them like you did previously...

1. Interaction with the environment:
In Witcher 2, Geralt was able to light torches and fireplaces. I would assume he can also in W3? What else can he do? (besides from igniting explosive barrels, crush stuff using aard...) Can he - for example - sit on benches/chairs?

In one of the youtube videos we saw Geralt light candles (can't remember which one ... it was in a graveyard in the prologue area I believe). So I would assume that means yes to other types of fires as well.

EDIT - It was Jesse. Technically, he puts the candles out, but you can clearly see afterwards that the option to reignite the candles is there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrZP6Sq-8vI - Right around 4 minutes into video.

EDIT AGAIN - Also, he can jump and vault over fences and the like. I remember Miles saying at a PAX East conference that there's at least one house that he can cause to collapse if the appropriate actions are taken. Roach will eat apples out of a bucket if you leave him sitting next to it. It sounds like there's lots of little world interaction stuff to further immerse you in the world. If your rig can handle the physics stuff aard does all sorts of cool stuff. Laundry blows on clothes lines, walls may fall down, and etc.

I'm not sure about sitting. He clearly sits in some cut scenes, but I'm not sure as you roam the world. My guess would be yes, but I have no evidence to support that.

Last edited:
4. Yes you can switch as long as you are not in combat. IIRC EDIT: I'd assume you just go into the character menu and "equip" them like you did previously...

Also there are apparently decoctions you can brew that undo all your allocation of skill points. Not too clear on how the penalty of "lose all your stuff from places of power" works ~ only the active bonuses, not the skill points? - if you can get them back by revisiting (each one can be active, and re-speccing merely sets all "off") or if each gives a literal one time boost and re-speccing could cost potentially dozens of points, permanently?

Also there are apparently decoctions you can brew that undo all your allocation of skill points. Not too clear on how the penalty of "lose all your stuff from places of power" works ~ only the active bonuses, not the skill points? - if you can get them back by revisiting (each one can be active, and re-speccing merely sets all "off") or if each gives a literal one time boost and re-speccing could cost potentially dozens of points, permanently?

Another thing I'd assume, is that they keep track of how many points you've gotten from other means so when you respec you still have those... I don't see why any game maker wouldn't put in such a simple resolution.

Miles specifically said "lose all your bonuses from places of power" or something close to it when talking about re-speccing in the twitch Q&A.

Not quite enough clarity about what *exactly* is a bonus that can be lost... just the active skills, just the 'active list of places of power & thus their skill points' or the skill points from the places of power, and they remain 'previously visited'.

The first is no loss at all... the second a loss of time as you revisit those already done, and the third could be such a significant loss that you avoid doing this after you have more than a handful of points from this source...

Hoping it is #2 ~ there should be some penalty for a rebuild, but potentially losing the equivalent of a dozen levels... seems too harsh. ymmv

Top Bottom