The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest, I think I like cake. So good. Also, need to say something vaguely about visuals and not, you know, a repeat.

i hate cake.....

sorry , just venting out my anger

anyway back to the topic

the so called ultra setting visuals posted by youtubers , can some one compare the visuals of ultra with high?

(see, i have something remotely related with visuals:p.Also i am serious about the high vs ultra thing. from what i knoow there are uncompressed ultra footages )

WHo hates cake?!

HELLO MY DIRTY DIRTY NON CHROMED PEOPLE.

I have returned.

And mostly..MOSTLY I am not unimpressed. With a few exceptions and divergences.

Some of you have seen mass editing and a few Very Happy Ponies.

You may be thinking to re-edit what I've done. Seee, now, that'd be disputing (crazy) moderator actions, and thaaaat'd be a ban. So, yeah, don't. Unless you make it funnier. Then do!

Again, if you want to contribute to this, ( or any, really) thread, follow these guidelines.

1) Don't Repeat Yourself. Dooon't. And not even in theme. You've complained, now move on.

2) Be Constructive. Say something useful or interesting ish.

3) Try to make things better for others after you're done, not just vent for yourself.

Anyone not doing these things will run into us, your beloved mods.

And as I said before, if it's really dumb or you're really pushing it, I'll go in to your earlier posts and, ah, regulate them into my preferred perspective.
Clear? GREAT.

I'm actually happy CDPR has done all these artistic modifications in the name of console parity. One great thing about console parity is that all platforms get the same product and all players pay the same price for the same quality. The developers aren't favoring one platform over the other at release.

[Sard Edit: well, this -was- more constructive! Kind of satire-ish. Full points for trying. Reg, I award you one Pony.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually happy CDPR has done all these artistic modifications in the name of console parity. One great thing about console parity is that all platforms get the same product and all players pay the same price for the same quality. The developers aren't favoring one platform over the other at release, and therefore complaints are easily dismissed. Console parity therefore is a great excuse when you're developing a game for multiple platforms, such as the PC, the PS4, the Xbox one and my grandma's toaster. It really makes up for the laziness of optimizing a game for one platform and provides a great incentive to only develop an unique and portable build that looks just as bad on every platform.

Wow calling them lazy....that's so [Sard Edit: "Clever and amusing" Yeah, let's pretend] I'm actually kind of impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
(see, i have something remotely related with visuals:p.Also i am serious about the high vs ultra thing. from what i knoow there are uncompressed ultra footages )

I did have a 1.4 gig chunk of footage from High or Ultra around here. Kinley posted the link. Hrm. HRM. WHERE IS IT. Lemme check.

I would be interested in a comparison between confirmed high settings and what the youtubers thought was ultra. I still wonder if the true ultra settings that they thought they were using were actually defaulted to high in the game's .ini

I would be interested in a comparison between confirmed high settings and what the youtubers thought was ultra. I still wonder if the true ultra settings that they thought they were using were actually defaulted to high in the game's .ini

You also need to keep in mind many of those YTs said that the game look much better in person than the videos they posted due to compression and other things... Not having the game to play of course I can't say how true that is but... Make sure when doing comparisons that you are doing it with same "quality" of material.

feels about anything in Blurtown of 1080.
You do realize that, despite higher res being sharper, 1080 looks blurry only on monitors that have native resolution higher than 1080p. So any content below your native (most of it) that you see will be blurrier than to most people. 1080p is the norm and a great resolution, i think 99%+ of the people don't have a monitor bigger than that.

Eh, I guess I will be happy if I can get at least medium/high, considering that I have only one R9 270x 4gb. My processor meets the recommended, but not that GPU. Then again, my monitor's only 1360x768, so who knows?

Also, hi! :p

lol no. skyrim fire:

didn't know skyrim was released on play station 2 /regulator2

That just makes me cry inside... For this I am not particularly sure if it's only lightning or the whole effect is messed up, can someone shed some light on it from a more professional level? I know the light messes up the grass terribly which is why many claim it looks so disastrous.

knowing the context should be enough. it's a blast/explosion effect that's meant to play out in under a second. why should it be super high quality?

lol no. skyrim fire:

knowing the context should be enough. it's a blast/explosion effect that's meant to play out in under a second. why should it be super high quality?

They capture one frame out of a slow motion video where all the lights are stretch out.

I hope there will be particle effects just like TW2, It would be strange for a sequel to have less than it's predecessors.

Last edited:
lol no. skyrim fire:

Ok how about the fire at the beginning of yesterday's trailer? Looks extremely low res like it's bugged or something.

Ok how about the fire at the beginning of yesterday's trailer? Looks extremely low res like it's bugged or something.

Everything is in slow motion, so all the effects looks weird.

Fire spark looks like this:

Attachments

• fire sparks.jpg
    fire sparks.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 29
So I read in an interview with Adam Badowski this:

Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms. We manage it differently on platforms with less memory. Less complex models are loaded; it all depends on what is going on on the screen at the moment. To sum up, there are only a few differences between PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. They are not aimed at changing the configuration; instead their purpose is to solve certain problems.

I understand not having three different builds for release. It is certainly not impossible as there are many games that do have clearly different builds for console and PC but fine I will accept it.

However after release, there is no way that people will be experiencing the same problems across all platforms. So there will be different patches for PC then for Playstation lets say. So effectively they will be different builds at that point. Why not just patch in many effects that we have seen in old trailers like particles and blood splattering on the ground on PC at least after release as an optional patch? I mean ITS IN THE GAME! They did the work already! Why is it going to be a wasted amount of work at least offer it to those who have a good PC and can enjoy such brilliant artistic and graphical quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom