Witcher 3 leaked in United Arab Emirates??

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn´t do an early release as it´s not their fault and I hope they won´t be forced to.
It´s the retailer over there who breached the legal agreement between them and the company that says they put it on shelves May 19th.

Oh, I'm not suggesting it's their fault; but it's an action they could take that would make a ton of annoyed people MUCH LESS ANNOYED.
And it's happening more and more often.

PLOTWIST

Maybe it's not Twitch, but CDPR? Who knows... maybe they are alright with it.

Anyhow, still two active streams.

Would be royally stupid, though... way to piss of your fans, by showing them the game 11 days before release. ;)

They can´t do that because it would be unfair to all those who are planning to get the physical copy which they can only get May 19th (because i imagine its quite impossible for CDPR to contact all the retailers and tell them when exactly to start selling the game).

PLUS

I intend to preorder the game next week and I still want the preorder bonuses! : )

Nice way to fix the leak... Release all early :D Though those who order physical that hasn't arrived would still suffer, and the cordination to get that all done would take about 10 days haha :p

They've done this with a couple PS4 games now, they basically just told all the retailers to sell em if they've got em.
Amazon orders shipped immediately, and stores had it out on shelves, it wasn't INSTANTANEOUS, but it took less than 24 hours.

Every games are leaked some days or couple of week before release thx to consoles and greedy video game store. Not new.

Just have to avoid twitch channel and internet about witcher and it will be fine.

This ALWAYS happens when the physical copies get sent to stores, someone somewhere will sell it early to a friend or they themselves take a copy home to play.
There really isn't much you can do about it aside from fines IIRC (if you can find the actual store that released it early).

I envy those that can already play, but it's pretty disgusting to go stream the game you got that you shouldn't have gotten yet. Nice for those that can play already, but I wish they wouldn't go and stream it to get internet attention.

Why are you guys so agitated ? Someone plays the game early, so what is the big deal. It surely doesn't make any difference to me.
I just think it's funny they made all first run PC copies require a special file to download whenever they install (For leak prevention, CDPR's own words) and then consoles are the ones that leak. Not really agitated, I expected this and will go dark soon.

Well, this might suck for some folks.

However, I feel that whilst the potential for spoilers has increased, that was always gonna be a worry for most people anyway.

I mean, we all play games at different rates. I took almost 3 weeks to complete ME3. The moment I heard rumours of extreme discontent with regards to the ending, I went dark.

Personally, given that some people will rush through it (it only takes a few to start spreading info), I was always gonna have to stop browsing gaming sites as liberally as usual anyway. I'm simply gonna have to do it a week earlier.

Here's hoping the main sites don't blast any spoilers in people's faces just for clicks.

More streams are popping up. Guess it's time to quit the internet for a while to avoid the spoiler dump.

Do you guys know how CDPR was started and how it was making money ? Yar, mates, black flag and crossbones ! They should be the last people on earth to have the right to be worried about leaks.

Nice way to fix the leak... Release all early :D Though those who order physical that hasn't arrived would still suffer, and the cordination to get that all done would take about 10 days haha :p

i'm affraid an early release won't solve this problem. they need to contact the people responsible for the xbox live and PSN, put a "quartantine" sort of plan. and here's my idea: have them check the consoles and ID the games they're currently playing. if one of them has TW3 in it, have the device banned from using the game until 19th may or literally block its use as a sort of a "penance"

i'm affraid an early release won't solve this problem. they need to contact the people responsible for the xbox live and PSN, put a "quartantine" sort of plan. and here's my idea: have them check the consoles and ID the games they're currently playing. if one of them has TW3 in it, have the device banned from using the game until 19th may or literally block its use as a sort of a "penance"

Superb idea. They definitely should do this.

I just think it's funny they made all first run PC copies require a special file to download whenever they install and consoles are the ones that leak. Not really agitated, I expected this and will go dark soon.

The thing is, that needed file is exactly the reason why there is no PC leak ;) And right now, even though they are playing early, still they are people who "bought" the game. In the PC leak case, pirates would be the ones who can play the game before buyers. But yeah, I guess they should have added the same thing for the console versions which are produced before the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom