Witcher 3 leaked in United Arab Emirates??

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm affraid an early release won't solve this problem. they need to contact the people responsible for the xbox live and PSN, put a "quartantine" sort of plan. and here's my idea: have them check the consoles and ID the games they're currently playing. if one of them has TW3 in it, have the device banned from using the game until 19th may or literally block its use as a sort of a "penance"
Can they even do that? If the systems aren't online I doubt they can do anything. Unless the console is online and is using the built in twitch streaming, they may be able to do something.

i'm affraid an early release won't solve this problem. they need to contact the people responsible for the xbox live and PSN, put a "quartantine" sort of plan. and here's my idea: have them check the consoles and ID the games they're currently playing. if one of them has TW3 in it, have the device banned from using the game until 19th may or literally block its use as a sort of a "penance"

That's asinine. They shouldn't be punished, hell If I could goto wally world and pick up a copy right now I would.

Attachments

• post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-pGrc.jpeg
    post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-pGrc.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
Oh, and I'm curious. If shops have their copies already, then why is the release date the 19th? What, have some countries still not received their stock?

Argggh, we could be playing now damn it!

Bah! Don't mind me......I'm just well-jell :)

Are anyone really surprised? This was bound to happen sooner or later.
I feel really bad for those that hate even the slightest spoilers. I hope you don't get your experience ruined by it.

Can they even do that? If the systems aren't online I doubt they can do anything. Unless the console is online and is using the built in twitch streaming, they may be able to do something.

what you said is true. however, this can still limit the usage/sellings of the game before the release. furthermore, most people who can afford consoles there tend to afford having an internet connection, at least from what i've saw. also, it's completely possible to do it as a sort of a background update (i.e. not noticed by the user) and wouldn't weigh much. and bam ! no TW3 until 19th may and not allow any console user from playing the game before that date.

As far as I can see it, :)
So far, but in time... Hopefully mods and CDPR can close them down fast enough to keep anything major from getting spoiled, and any reputable news source won't go posting leaked spoilers...

Oh, and I'm curious. If shops have their copies already, then why is the release date the 19th? What, have some countries still not received their stock?

Argggh, we could be playing now damn it!

Bah! Don't mind me......I'm just well-jell :)

You could be playing a two months old version, yes

Without reading 18+ pages worth of this thread - why wouldn't a simple date lock be put into place on these console retail copies?
How difficult is it to have a day 1 patch that unlocks the game for play?

Why? He/She is playing and streaming a game they bought legally and is breaking no agreements. Shame on whoever is responsible for the game breaking street date.

well it's in the twitch tos that you can't stream a prerelease game unless you have explicit permission and technically the witcher 3 wasn't released yet. the store has no permission to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom