Censored versions of the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rafal_Jaki

Well, did the blood decal and the cool mixing with water effect got toned down in general?
And is it CUT or only a option in the configuration files? ;) ;) *smirk* if you know what i mean :D

Guest 3806339

It would be nice if an official could post a list of countries that are getting a censored version :) Thanks in advance!

It would be nice if an official could post a list of countries that are getting a censored version :) Thanks in advance!

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

And I would not really call it a censored version :) Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turndown some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

And I would not really call it a censored version :) Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turndown some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.
I would.

I would like to give some good news to the guys who purchased from GOG.com directly. I asked this matter on GOG forums and this is what one of the GOG Team member replied me

And that's the case with me that I directly ordered from GOG.com, I also bought TW2 on GOG and it wasn't censored. The argument went in the wrong direction initially but I am glad it got solved nicely. Here is the thread if you guys want to read.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_censorship_issue/page1

Does the Middle East Version force Censorship ???

Hey Guys.

i keep reading about this Middle Eastern Version and it's censorship. Well, I live in the Middle East, specifically Lebanon ... I mean we don't really have this type of censorship here(like nudity and gore and stuff, mainly political censorship... ), like the rest of the Middle East, it's really OK... i personally Never had a censorship problem before,

Anyway, living where i am, does the game force some censorship on me. I pre ordered it form GOG.
So is it possible that i only will download the Censored version or something..??? I hope not, I want the whole game, censorship will really ruin it for me

Thanks for the help

Hello ElieCooL

Yes, due to local legal restrictions some of the adult content was censored in the version sold in the Middle East, including Lebanon. Some of the nudity and gore has been toned down or removed to meet with legal requirements to allow us to sell copies in those countries. We would rather sell copies to our fans in those countries than not sell to them, so we hope you understand.

Last edited:
Hello ElieCooL

Yes, due to local legal restrictions some of the adult content was censored version sold in the Middle East, including Lebanon. Some of the nudity and gore has been toned down or removed to meet with legal requirements to allow us to sell copies in those countries. We would rather sell copies to our fans in those countries than not sell to them, so we hope you understand.

ohhh
Well this is not fair. I want the whole game, never had a censorship issue before, i always buy games on steam and not once i faced such an issue.
Is there any possible way to get the full game ???
No censorship...
I mean it's a digital copy, we don't have rules concerning this stuff, I repeat I ALWAYS buy games on steam and never had such an issue.
I own both TW1 and TW2 with no such censorship...

Please help me here dude... I don't want parts of the game to be taken away from me... NOOOOO

ohhh
Well this is not fair. I want the whole game, never had a censorship issue before, i always buy games on steam and not once i faced such an issue.
Is there any possible way to get the full game ???
No censorship...
I mean it's a digital copy, we don't have rules concerning this stuff, I repeat I ALWAYS buy games on steam and never had such an issue.
I own both TW1 and TW2 with no such censorship...

Please help me here dude... I don't want parts of the game to be taken away from me... NOOOOO

@tahirahmed from Saudi Arabia (I think) had a similar doubt and posted on this very thread (. He later posted a response from GOG saying that their version, digital, didn't had any censorship. However, the physical versions sent to the Middle East are censored. Hope I could help. It's the first post on this page

Last edited:
@tahirahmed from Saudi Arabia (I think) had a similar doubt and posted on this very thread (. He later posted a response from GOG saying that their version, digital, didn't had any censorship. However, the physical versions sent to the Middle East are censored. Hope I could help. It's the first post on this page

^what he wrote
Here is the thread about it on gog.com: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_censorship_issue/page1 (should be the same for lebanon)
I hope you get your uncensored version. As someone from Germany who had to deal with a lot of censored games in the past because of violence I feel with you

@ElieCooL

I also got confirmation from Rafal Jaki through a PM that the GOG version won't have any censorship. I say it's a win-win for us Middle East fans because by purchasing through GOG we support CDPR directly and also get the version we want :)

I assume @TheEvilChris didn't noticed that you mentioned preorder from GOG ? because that version is not censored as far as confirmation goes from two official sources. However the GOG tech assist also told me that if you redeem a retail key from the censored version then you'll get your GOG version censored as well.

Hope that helps :)

If anyone has any doubts on the digital version, just hold off until launch. I'm sure that if there's nudity in them, someone here will be happy to find it and report back within an hour of the game coming out.
:victory:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom