choices,2nd playthru,quests

+
choices,2nd playthru,quests

am i right in thinking some (side)queste become disabled trough your choices?..i always planned on doing a 2nd playthru,by wrighting down my choices and then changing every decision the 2nd time around.....how much of the story will change?

Last edited:
No one knows the details yet. This is what we know or assume:

- W2 leaves you with a certain world-state depending on your choices. this influences the world state witcher 3 is in.
- you don't have to import a savegame. you can also decide to "create" one by yourself by talking to an NPC during the main quest who asks you questions about your previous experiences and there you can choose your decisions...

speculation:
i would assume those decisions will mainly affect the main storyline but not sidequests. also i think some npc-characters may react to you in different ways depending on your choices made in w2 (so if you decided to have sex with Ves in W2, and if you would meet Ves in W3 again, she could remember. But this is pure speculation.) Also i would assume when you decide to kill some characters in W2 and import your savegame, any sidequests involving those characters in W3 (thus we don't know if sidequests like this exist) won't be available (but maybe different ones?)
In the end i think your decisions in W3 will be much more important than any of those imported savegame ones.

No one knows the details yet. This is what we know or assume:

- W2 leaves you with a certain world-state depending on your choices. this influences the world state witcher 3 is in.
- you don't have to import a savegame. you can also decide to "create" one by yourself by talking to an NPC during the main quest who asks you questions about your previous experiences and there you can choose your decisions...

speculation:
i would assume those decisions will mainly affect the main storyline but not sidequests. also i think some npc-characters may react to you in different ways depending on your choices made in w2 (so if you decided to have sex with Ves in W2, and if you would meet Ves in W3 again, she could remember. But this is pure speculation.) Also i would assume when you decide to kill some characters in W2 and import your savegame, any sidequests involving those characters in W3 (thus we don't know if sidequests like this exist) won't be available (but maybe different ones?)
In the end i think your decisions in W3 will be much more important than any of those imported savegame ones.

i have finaly decided after 3 playthrus what i will bring from TW2..and i can imagine my choices will make a difference.....as for quests... the ladys of the woods gameplay trailer,i wondered what would change in that quest..if i had let that creature in the cave live...would the quest ending change...or would it be the same regaurdless of what you choose?

@Jinal - I think ploughmore is talking about multiple paths in TW3, not TW2 imports.

@ploughmore - I think there's going to be som many options that it's going to be really difficult to work out. After the first playthrough, I'll probably be relying on game guides and wikis to tell me the answers.

@Jinal - I think ploughmore is talking about multiple paths in TW3, not TW2 imports.

@ploughmore - I think there's going to be som many options that it's going to be really difficult to work out. After the first playthrough, I'll probably be relying on game guides and wikis to tell me the answers.

yea TW3 is gonna be mental...especialy if say your talking to a friend about the game and they did'nt have the same experince in the game because of personal choices...thats pretty fucking awsome when you think about it...hah

Last edited:
My first canon playthrough will be using a Non human save with Triss romanced throughout, BUT going for Yennefer. My Geralt is quite similar to the books moral wise by choosing his friends, nonhumans and keeping politics and humans for last.

On my second playthrough (that I plan on doing the second I finish the game the first time) is going to be a Roche playthrough with Triss romance in mind (in W3) and I'm still on the fence wether I should try and do the opposite choices to see what actually happens, since I leave everyone alive in my NOn Human playthrough. Still deciding if I shud go for full Temeria decisions or not (given the fact that this save I will go for Triss so going for her in A3 would be very wise).

There's so many World States and endings that this game could have that just boggles the mind and it's going to be tough for those who make guides for the decisions (what you do affects what in the game).

There are many forms of decisions you can make during sidequests. Not all of them affect the following quests. So if you have to kill a monster, you can "decide" to simply go and kill it (quest completed), or do some more research, ask people, examine stuff and then kill the monster prepared with useful stuff (quest completed), OR you find while examinating things deeper you may see that you could complete the quest in a different way. for example if you figure out that the monster isn't really the problem but rather something else. Also there are probably quests where you have to decide to kill someone or don't. At this point you will not know which decision may lead to a follow-up, you have to do what you think is best. Could be you have to deal with a follow-up quest where someone seeks revenge, or you could miss a follow-up quest because the NPC is dead.

i would try to handle it like i did in w2: simplest way isn't the "best" in most cases. Let as many people live as possible - except for those you really hate. Save a lot.

I am not really worried about missing quests or content because of my decisions - as long as i am confident with the decisions i made. I will not let someone/something live because it gives me the "better" reward if i don't want that this someone/something lives. I won't kill anything just because of probably useful drops if i don't think it is the right thing to do and not without checking what i could do instead. I can only be confident with my decisions when i can assume i decided well informed. So i am only worried that i could miss/oversee some important clues, hints or facts during questing.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm not sure if I ever going to get an answer in TW3 but I'm going to see if I ever gonna meet
Letho
in TW3 cos of the different option I chose to deal with in TW2 :rolleyes:

Top Bottom