Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of Marmite's, or indeed my wife's, indiscretions, it remains the one, and only, true spreadable yeast extract of gentlemen and Witchers

given that the witcher universe is full of decision making and there being no wrong answer, i will maintain indifferent to both marmite and vegemite since they're both cheaters. i won't tolerate a food spread sleeping with neither my wife nor chocolate! good day to you, sir!

Last edited:
Oooh, Ooh, a Marmite vs Vegemite war? How did I miss this?

Of course vegemite is superior. Just look at the spread distance, the texture, the sharpness...

It's the ETERNAL WAR.....but, since you're a moderator, despite the inherent extra saltiness (and tessellation) of the almighty Marmite, I'll relent.....:)

Last edited:
Strangely enough, I think that Marmite Wars aren't mentioned in the Moderator Rulebook.
(And the removal of saltiness wasn't a downgrade, it was optimisation)

Well, I was just referring to Planescape Torment and D&D with the 'Eternal War' bit :p

On a more important note however, you think Vegemite is better for that lack of salt, eh? Er, well......Marmite was actually banned here from certain schools in the UK for being 'too salty'. Pffff, it's all part of a Witcher's test is what I say!

But yeah, maybe you have a point....grrrrr.

This is the last I'll say on the matter. I'm off to eat 5 pieces of toast SMOTHERED in that black salty goodness, washed down with a cool glass of milk!

G'Day. :)

This is the last I'll say on the matter. I'm off to eat 5 pieces of toast SMOTHERED in that black salty goodness, washed down with a cool glass of milk!
G'Day. :)

And there you have it. Proof of marmite's inferiority. With vegemite, you don't NEED to wash it down with secretions from cows' udders.

(My apologies if I've made any false assumptions there. Replace with the mammal of your choice if necessary)

And there you have it. Proof of marmite's inferiority. With vegemite, you don't NEED to wash it down with secretions from cows' udders.

Arrggghhh.....you got me.......

.....and now, drunk and defeated, I will slink off to bed......with my ULTIMATE MARMITE TOAST! ;)

:yes:
Have a good weekend :)

:hatsoff:

"Marmite, but Parwill" (Vegemite used to be known as Parwill)

i need a new hobby -_-

Why dislike Barca then? Being your source of great players...

CL 2006, Cesc Saga. And even though I'm not a madridista I have at least some sympathies for them from the time of Zidane, Figo, etc. And in the actual Barca squad there is not one player I like.

CL 2006, Cesc Saga. And even though I'm not a madridista I have at least some sympathies for them from the time of Zidane, Figo, etc. And in the actual Barca squad there is not one player I like.

Why keep a grudge over a fair victory?
You got Cesc for peanuts then he became an injured mess and we payed you mad cash for him. You got Ballerin for peanuts and Alexis for a fair price.

that's an awfully australian response from someone who loves marmite, I'm just sayin'. maybe you've been eating vegemite this whole time.

Well spotted :)

Heh, it was intentional since I was insinuating D-Bird is Australian. It's the only rational reason for his preference :p

Heh, it was intentional since I was insinuating D-Bird is Australian. It's the only rational reason for his preference

I don't think Dragonbird's Australian, but I do know she lives in Singapore which would explain the easy access to all that vegemite. As for me, I am Australian and I'm not at all a fan of vegemite. you're obviously racist for thinking if someone likes vegemite they must be australian! the outrage.

heyho.... bit in a bad mood today.

Because of fucking facebook everywhere. every single day, a different webside announces some witcher3 raffles or giveaways, contests and so on. and every time, you can only participate if you have a facebook account. So no, i don't have one. And i am not going to get one. Nope, not happening. Well, i think i have to live with that... non-facebookers are a dying species hmm?

heyho.... bit in a bad mood today.

Because of fucking facebook everywhere. every single day, a different webside announces some witcher3 raffles or giveaways, contests and so on. and every time, you can only participate if you have a facebook account. So no, i don't have one. And i am not going to get one. Nope, not happening. Well, i think i have to live with that... non-facebookers are a dying species hmm?

You don't need facebook to participate in the caseking one. All you gotta do is press skip at the "its recommended that you like this page" and then fill out the form. Idk if they're gonna cut people off who haven't liked or not tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom