The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such posts will be treated as having been made just to cause argument. Which is why four posts just got deleted.

I'm new and I wasn't arguing with anybody (and have no intention of doing so) just voicing my disappointment in the downgraded (despite promises to the contrary) and awful fire effects and missing particle/smoke effects, and how disappointed I am in CDPR for misleading the community.

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 57
the vgx trailer wasn't a CGI video, it was an in game footage! All the effects were real in game and they are already used in modded games like Skyrim that is a 4+ years old game as you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-GE-gA-6FE (it looks better than TW3 :p)....obviously the TW3 pc version has been downgraded cause console parity (like watch dogs an year ago) and as always we have to wait modders to fix this.....we will have our real pc version in an year ;)

Obviously it wasnt downgraded because consoles. ,maybe the game just git too expensive to make that that vgx quality.
Who knows. maybe it actually looks like that on ultra. But accusing consoles is just retarded. and speculation.
and moderators should delete all messages bashing consoles. there just is no proof.

Obviously it wasnt downgraded because consoles. ,maybe the game just git too expensive to make that that vgx quality.
Who knows. maybe it actually looks like that on ultra. But accusing consoles is just retarded. and speculation.
and moderators should delete all messages bashing consoles. there just is no proof.
watch dogs docet .... nothing more to say

many more games like AC unity? Crysis 2 ??(do you remember Crysis 1? it's still one of the best pc game with superb graphic)...after all we will see on 19 May...if the game will be like it is on the 35 min video gameplay or better you are right ...ps : sorry for bad eng :)

Anyone coming here for unbiased talk about if the game was downgraded (which it clearly was, some people are in denial), leave, because the fanatic fanboys will swallow you up ... no different from Watch Dogs.

CDProjektRed isn't any different from any other business. They want to make money first, and like many companies don't mind playing bait and switch because there aren't any established rules on false advertising in the video game industry as it still is very new. Their objective is to make money first and foremost, satisfying people is last on their list.

Last edited:
Yeah. but those shitty games werent good lookin even on console standards. maybe far cry. and crysis went multiplattform because they didnt sell enough on PC.

---------- Updated at 02:53 PM ----------

And its seems they have shown multiple photos from multiple game builds. Which is kind of strange. or atlesat care free.
I would probably feel salted too i i were to play game on PC and totally understand this downgrade talk. But i wouldnt be childish and pointin finger at console players.

Anyone coming here for unbiased talk about if the game was downgraded (which it clearly was, some people are in denial), leave, because the fanatic fanboys will swallow you up ... no different from Watch Dogs.

CDProjektRed isn't any different from any other business. They want to make money first, and like many companies don't mind playing bait and switch because there aren't any established rules on false advertising in the video game industry as it still is very new. Their objective is to make money first and foremost, satisfying people is last on their list.

You obviously don't know what bait and switch actually is. If they did that we would only have those old trailers without any new content to see and the game would be under nda till the day of release. Right now we have proof of this "downgrade" we have them talking about console parity so you can actually make a decision if you want the game or not.

Now i have discussed why i feel it is silly to not play this game based on the fact of what it would have looked like but that is anyone's choice to make and i can't argue the fact that so far there hasn't been any RED telling us what happened, so people feel upset from this "downgrade". My only guess, putting aside all those conspiracies, is that they started out trying to make the best graphics possible but realized the requirements would be really high so they had to tone the graphics down in order to make the game playable in most PCs.

Now i am quite sure there will be ways to increase DOF and other settings if not directly from the game then from some config file and we can probably make the game look nice anyway or at least better than the console versions but the question still remains of what happened and why.

Also why are the recommended hardware so damn high? Like a gtx 770 for medium-high settings for 30fps? At least that's what they said they were aiming for with the recommended ones, 30 fps. Are we missing something in that picture? Is the console version on par with the low settings? Or is the game badly optimized?

So many questions and no answers. Also about your comment on money, if you just came to the realization that companies aim to make more money then you are quite late. Every company out there has one main purpose, to make money. It just comes down how much money they want to make which is the difference between a company like CDProjekt RED and EA. Though it is my opinion that every company more or less will reach a stage where they get greedy.

My current theory is that the REDs are going for 'marketing parity'.

Basically what this means is that they market the game using footage that will be indicative of the quality that console users can expect to play with. The footage is still 'good enough' to please most pc gamers as well. Think of it as a middle ground for marketing.

Think about it. Would it really be wise to market the game using 'ultra' settings when such a large portion of the audience, the console players, could not hope to achieve those visuals? I mean, we've already seen some outcry about the absence of console footage. Can you imagine what it would be like if they marketed the game with 'ultra' pc settings only to later show console footage that is much worse? We saw the positive effect of my theory of 'marketing parity' when the ps4 videos were released; response to this footage was overwhelmingly positive because console users did not feel like they got shafted.

I still cling to the belief that we have not actually seen true ultra footage, and I will continue to do so until I see the game's .ini file.

I do have a question regarding the review embargo that lifts next week: Were any pc review copies sent out? Or were the review copies only for consoles?

Last edited:
Yeah. but those shitty games werent good lookin even on console standards. maybe far cry. and crysis went multiplattform because they didnt sell enough on PC.

---------- Updated at 02:53 PM ----------

And its seems they have shown multiple photos from multiple game builds. Which is kind of strange. or atlesat care free.
I would probably feel salted too i i were to play game on PC and totally understand this downgrade talk. But i wouldnt be childish and pointin finger at console players.

By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and its standalone expansion about 1.5 million units)[SUP][63][/SUP] making it one of the best selling PC games of all time

As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only (about Crysis 2)

Crysis sold VERY well on PC. It was just the devs being butt hurt cause their game was also toping the pirate charts as well. What modders are doing to Crysis 1 still leaves me speachless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECqrhxhpTA

As for TW3, the downgrade is real compared to VGX. And i am talking about VGX, not debut, not Sword of Destiny. Debut trailer had some nice shots, and some really bad ones. SoD had only one outstanding shot, the one with Geralt walking opposite a mountain with semi volumetric clouds. Everything else looks pretty close to current builds. But the VGX was supreme, both in fidelity and in art direction/general aesthetics. Seriously, the best game footage i have ever seen in my life. However i do have faith in modders. I beleive in a year or so, we will have something close to VGX.

There are countless examples of PC being held back (graphically or gameplay wise) by consoles for the last 15 or so years; Watch Dogs, Crysis 2, Deus Ex 2, Thief 3, FEAR 2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Sacred 3, Unreal Tournament 3 and so on. The only reason why people are so upset is because none of us expected same treatment from CDPR, a company known for being honest and pushing PCs. Let's not discuss it further and stay on topic.

By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and its standalone expansion about 1.5 million units)[SUP][63][/SUP] making it one of the best selling PC games of all time

As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only (about Crysis 2)

Crysis sold VERY well on PC. It was just the devs being butt hurt cause their game was also toping the pirate charts as well. What modders are doing to Crysis 1 still leaves me speachless.

As for TW3, the downgrade is real compared to VGX. And i am talking about VGX, not debut, not Sword of Destiny. Debut trailer had some nice shots, and some really bad ones. SoD had only one outstanding shot, the one with Geralt walking opposite a mountain with semi volumetric clouds. Everything else looks pretty close to current builds. But the VGX was supreme, both in fidelity and in art direction/general aesthetics. Seriously, the best game footage i have ever seen in my life. However i do have faith in modders. I beleive in a year or so, we will have something close to VGX.

But most of the copies sold of Crysis 1 were when the game was in discounts and in Steam sales..

My current theory is that the REDs are going for 'marketing parity'.

Basically what this means is that they market the game using footage that will be indicative of the quality that console users can expect to play with. The footage is still 'good enough' to please most pc gamers as well. Think of it as a middle ground for marketing.

Think about it. Would it really be wise to market the game using 'ultra' settings when such a large portion of the audience, the console players, could not hope to achieve those visuals? I mean, we've already seen some outcry about the absence of console footage. Can you imagine what it would be like if they marketed the game with 'ultra' pc settings only to later show console footage that is much worse? We saw the positive effect of my theory of 'marketing parity' when the ps4 videos were released; response to this footage was overwhelmingly positive because console users did not feel like they got shafted.

I still cling to the belief that we have not actually seen true ultra footage, and I will continue to do so until I see the game's .ini file.

I do have a question regarding the review embargo that lifts next week: Were any pc review copies sent out? Or were the review copies only for consoles?

To be honest that is what i am hoping for that it is just a marketing "trick" to make the peasants feel happy about their toys hehe.
Joking aside that would be the best outcome, though kinda ridiculous that the console owners would want to have the same version as a PC?

i mean they know they paid 400$ for a machine that is generally inferior to a good PC so why feel bad if the PC owners get a better version? Isn't that what they build an expensive PC for? To be honest i never heard, or at least think so, that any console owner was like " Oh damn PC owners get a better version why do we get an inferior one?" Maybe it's because the "PC Master Race" has to rub it in their face every time, that companies feel the need to have this "marketing parity".
Console parity to me translates to maximizing profit in the least possible effort and time spend which i can't really blame them for but feels "lazy" nonetheless.

Finally someone with common sense. Whether someone likes it or not, deep down we all know, that's the truth.

Was about to post the same thing. Well said.

That's ridiculous given every YT-er who was at the event said they were running at max settings.

Yet none of them inspected the .ini files. *Tin hat theory time* The preset setting saying 'ultra' does not necessarily mean that the game was actually loading ultra settings, especially on a pre-gold build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom