The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I dunno if I should say this, so sorry mods, but I kinda feel the urge to given all the people talking about them reducing the graphics to achieve some so called parity. I saw PS4 footage and the difference is VERY noticeable between PC and PS4. PS4 looking quite bad in comparison to the downgraded PC in particular during close shots during dialogue.

I saw PS4 footage and the difference is VERY noticeable between PC and PS4. PS4 looking quite bad in comparison to the downgraded PC in particular during close shots during dialogue.

True, the trees animations for example, they seams react at the same why of the Skyrim trees for shadow casting and start the windy animation only in a short view distance, don't know if they will stop on the frames drop also, I didn't uncleared that on the videos.

@CostinRaz

I've seen the footage too. Xbox One at that. Compared it to the IGN first 15 minutes gameplay which was played on PC on High/Ultra.

When it comes to close-ups during conversations, besides the resolution there is no difference. Didn't Reds say that PC would have advantage of higher resolution and framerate and that's it?

Would it be possible to know with what AA setting he played? Asked that a few days ago
:hatsoff:

If i good remember, there wasn't a AA filter of any kind since developers told it wasn't finalized.

---------- Updated at 11:21 PM ----------

@CostinRaz

I've seen the footage too. Xbox One at that. Compared it to the IGN first 15 minutes gameplay which was played on PC on High/Ultra.

When it comes to close-ups during conversations, besides the resolution there is no difference. Didn't Reds say that PC would have advantage of higher resolution and framerate and that's it?

The same IGN who compared the medium/high PC setting of Dragon Age: Inquisition with the PS4 by saying that was the Ultra setting?

When it comes to close-ups during conversations, besides the resolution there is no difference.

It's not just resolution of the game but texture resolution on everything being lower on the consoles being very noticeable and that's the most obvious immediate thing.

The biggest difference is the grass and how it looks. I don't know it feels kinda plastic like it is missing AO or something. At the previous trailers the grass was excellent.
Oh well only thing we can do now is wait and see.

Glorious 15 fps

Change the settings to low if you PC can't handle it.

Glorious 60fps

Enjoy your game with Goat Simulator quality visuals

There was foward lit soft particles and volumetric smoke in that VGX scene. which seems to be completely absent from the final release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

Yes I know that, but its not shown in the comparison screens, that was my point, mixing real and valid points, with made up ones, with subjective things, with things from other subjects and cases altogether, doesnt help a poor person browsing the thread get an idea of a downgrade/sidegrade/whatever.

Just trying to help honestly, the less bs the downgraded claims/comparisons deal with, the better for a solid well argumented case, thats all.

Yes I know that, but its not shown in the comparison screens, that was my point, mixing real and valid points, with made up ones, with subjective things, with things from other subjects and cases altogether, doesnt help a poor person browsing the thread get an idea of a downgrade/sidegrade/whatever.

Just trying to help honestly, the less bs the downgraded claims/comparisons deal with, the better for a solid well argumented case, thats all.

A fair point, but I think the fire/smoke/particles is easily the most egregious of the changes. It isn't even close.

I am console player, but I love to have a powerful PC but I can not afford the money.

That said I must say I have not played the previous installments but when by chance I saw the debut trailer for this game blew me away, and then the VGX was sure that this game was gonna be mine.

The truth is I always knew this game would have a marked difference from the console versions but still I liked the idea that there was a superior version with beautiful effects.

Unfortunately the game is no longer the same, the truth is that I agree with many, VGX trailer and destination sword were the reason to buy this game, so I will cancel my reservation and do not buy it.

Still the game is beautiful, no one can deny, but something has been lost in its development .... were not only the graphics and effects.

Seeing the last videos is like watching a different game with a different atmosphere for a different public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom