Reading the books before playing TW3

+
Reading the books before playing TW3

I haven't read all the books yet ahhhh!!! I still have one last book left to read and May 19th is around the corner. Anyone else who have the same "problem" and blame themself like me? :( I find it hard for myself to start W3 without finishing reading the saga, mostly because finally Jenefer and Ciri are brought to the game and we know it's Geralt's last and final chapter. That being said - would miss a lot without finishing the last book before jumping into Witcher 3?

Now if only Witcher 3 came one week later.. :D

Easily fixed my friend read the book, then play the game, it does not need to be delayed for you to do that!

unless its a will power thing for you.

That being said - would miss a lot without finishing the last book before jumping into Witcher 3?

No, probably not. But I would recommend intentionally not installing it or hiding the physical copy from yourself until you finish the books because there will definitely be little references in there that you'll love to pieces if you finish all the books.

Be strong!

You have just Lady of the Lake left?

You can finish it in a week. And I think you should wait with playing TW3 for a few more days if it means finishing the book first :) It'll add a lot to the experience, I believe. It has things that are probably directly related to TW3 (I won't say specifically what), and it will strengthen your connection to the characters.

Also, Lady of the Lake is like a fucking Feels Hammer straight to your balls.

That being said - would miss a lot without finishing the last book before jumping into Witcher 3?

Some little hints, that give you maybe another PoV how Triss changes "grow up" a little.
Which would make the decision more difficult (when you want to choose :p )

Ofc you will miss out one oft the best moments in the books

Battle at castel Stygga

Emhyr meets Cirilla again, his word to her when he "releases" her ... dem feels

and you ll miss out how Geratl dies and all that.

I envy you. Just spend all of your free time on the book, you should be ready for May 19th and that'll even ease the wait.

I wanted to re-play both TW1 and TW2, and (re-)read the first 4 books that have been translated into Hungarian, I've managed to do neither of these.
I win. :animier:

delaying the game again?.............

One book??...This is easy to read until May 19th. 2 hours a day should be enough. And it keeps you away from game spoilers you might see in the internet ;-)
And don't do it before sleep. I can read 5 pages max. before I fall asleep (that's happening with any book so it doesn't mean it is boring)

Okay guys, I think if Im not too busy with work this week I will finish reading "Lady of the Lake" before May 19th. And if I won't finish it by that time, well... Witcher 3 will have to wait little bit longer. I don't want to miss any references or easter eggs to Sapkowski's amazing books.

Last edited:
Haha. I we only read 3 of the books. And I really dont mind it. And to think postpone playing to read. Not happening. 2much hype. And the books are expensive here in Finland. 30+euros

What language are you reading the last book in?
i was waiting for the final two to be translated into English, although I could and possibly should read them in German, just so that I have read the saga completely.

@riandor79 Im very lucky that all Saga is translated in my native language. Im from one of the three Baltic states with Estonia and Poland - from Lithuania.

But Im getting tired of reading Sapkowski's books, they are amazing don't get me wrong, but I have to read them from my smartphone screen. Which is not very confortable to say atleast. I only bought first Book with short stories because latter books are sold out in my little country, so I have to buy PDF (digital) versions.

Considering all the technical problems, the game apparently still has, another delay would probably be a good thing.

Anyway, I never read the books, but I played TW1 again and will play TW2 as well, to prepare a save game and get back into the story.

Considering all the technical problems, the game apparently still has, another delay would probably be a good thing.

What technical problems? Apparently, the runs at a smooth framerate on all platforms, and has very few bugs for an open world game - if we can believe what the previews have told us anyways.
inb4 another downgrade discussion

Last edited:
@riandor79 Im very lucky that all Saga is translated in my native language. Im from one of the three Baltic states with Estonia and Poland - from Lithuania.

But Im getting tired of reading Sapkowski's books, they are amazing don't get me wrong, but I have to read them from my smartphone screen. Which is not very confortable to say atleast. I only bought first Book with short stories because latter books are sold out in my little country, so I have to buy PDF (digital) versions.
My wife couldn't wait and read the German versions and she says that they are excellent, but I'm a stickler for reading a series in the language I started it in throughout.
but I might have to relent if they don't hurry up translating the rest into English soon.

but I might have to relent if they don't hurry up translating the rest into English soon.
The translation schedule has already been released. Barring any further delays, it's still going to take another two years for the entire saga to be available in English.

Top Bottom