Character Appearances

+
Let's keep it simple, I like what Witcher 3 has become. If you agree with that, then we're on the same page.

I get the feeling that you'll be disappointed, seeing that not every woman in the game will look like the supermodel from your dreams. Previewers have pretty universally praised the variety of character designs in the game, not that they all look like one dude's daydream.

@luzarius

Attractive enough?

@luzarius

Attractive enough?

YES YES YES, they look like women and are beautiful. That's perfect. I'm happy. The elf woman has female facial proportions. If she was Cassandra, she would have a male skull instead of a female one.

God damn Yennefer looks great, the hair is beautiful too. It's great to see a professional gaming company that know how to design hair.

My logic is this. If i push for all supermodels and only end up with a handful of supermodels, that is still a handful of supermodels!! GOOD LORD. It's a tactic, don't worry about it too much. I just come on strong in hopes of meeting people half way. *cheers*.

Last edited:
My previous post was removed fo beingr to hostile, understandably so ^^

BioWare has always been a PC company they have just gotten increasingly so these last years as i their right, wether you or i disagree with that is irrelevant as you yourself put it a writers creative freedom should never be restricted, but you want exactly that because you want them to please you?

So what percentage of females have to be ugly to make you happy? You might as well put the information out there. If the game has any romance options, please make one a supermodel for me though, thank you. You'll find that I'm willing to sacrifice a lot for other peoples happiness, just don't give me a romance option in which the female looks like a male (cassandra pentaghast). That is not too much to ask.

So the people asking for more diverse romances thoughts are invalid but you asking for a supermodel romance somehow isnt?

Let's flip the roles real quick. Don't you realize that a lot of men take the time to improve themselves for the ladies? There are a lot of things I do in my life to please a woman. How is that backwards? It makes me feel good to make a woman smile. Some women will take the time to look as attractive as possible and they would win a guy like me over. This is not a new concept. This same concept applies to me, I have to do my best to win her over. If I'm twenty pounds over weight, I don't want any woman to accept that of me, I want them to shame me into the gym asap.

But that's your prerogative, dont force it on others, for both women and men who do not particularly care about their appearance, what about them do you honestly think they should be shamed into being attractive for the sole purpose of pleasing others?

The hypocrisy is through the roof.

Edit:
"They look like women"
This is so............insulting i dont even know where to begin?
do you think non attractive women dont even qualify as women? im speechless to be honest

Last edited:
It's one thing to not be beautiful, but it's entirely different to purposely design the supposed woman to look like a man.

I don't like the fact that they made Cassandra look masculine, i even brought it up on the Bioware forums a year ago. But i was more talking about your comment on Josephine, who most certainly did NOT look masculine.

So what you're saying is that in a fantasy world, you want realistic looking women?

I want realistic looking women AND men, especially when that fantasy world is as realistic as The Witcher. And in real life, there are a LOT of beautiful women, and also a LOT of plain, ugly and attractive women, so Inquisition isn't really realistic. What i'm saying is i want diversity because it improves immersion. I don't want to see every woman be beautiful, ugly, plain or attractive. I want to see all of it. I guess it just comes down to whether you care about immersion or not.

My previous post was removed fo beingr to hostile, understandably so ^^

I didn't get offended by your original statement, it was real and accurately represented how you felt. I'm not going to be offended by that. I'm going to praise that. I did not mind you speaking from the heart.

BioWare has always been a PC company they have just gotten increasingly so these last years as i their right, wether you or i disagree with that is irrelevant as you yourself put it a writers creative freedom should never be restricted, but you want exactly that because you want them to please you?

Dragon Age always had beautiful women in their games as straight male romance options. Inquisition changed all that. Hear me out. Dragon Age Inquisition is the third installment of the game. It's not a brand new series. If DAI was a brand new series, I would accept it for what it is. Customers have come to expect a certain touch that is dragon age. A lot of dragon age's charm has been removed entirely like the brothel, the sexy desire demons, female breast armor, oghren, sandal, etc.

So the people asking for more diverse romances thoughts are invalid but you asking for a supermodel romance somehow isnt?

I'm willing to accept if she's not beautiful, just please don't make her look like a man, is that seriously too much to ask?

But that's your prerogative, dont force it on others, for both women and men who do not particularly care about their appearance, what about them do you honestly think they should be shamed into being attractive for the sole purpose of pleasing others? The hypocrisy is through the roof.

Okay let's compromise. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot to make you happy. How about 99% of the women are normal and fugly looking, but just have one romance option for straight males in which she looks hot, is that okay?

I don't like the fact that they made Cassandra look masculine, i even brought it up on the Bioware forums a year ago. But i was more talking about your comment on Josephine, who most certainly did NOT look masculine.

The problem with Josephine is that any 3d junior level modeler could do a better job than what was presented. Bioware needs to have a serious talk with their human resources dept.

I want realistic looking women AND men, especially when that fantasy world is as realistic as The Witcher. And in real life, there are a LOT of beautiful women, and also a LOT of plain, ugly and attractive women, so Inquisition isn't really realistic. What i'm saying is i want diversity because it improves immersion. I don't want to see every woman be beautiful, ugly, plain or attractive. I want to see all of it. I guess it just comes down to whether you care about immersion or not.

Awwwww, well I'm willing to meet you half way. Sounds fine to me.

Out of respect for moderators, I don't want to post too much, but I've enjoyed the conversations here a great deal. *cheers*. Reminds me of chatting with my awesome viewers when I used to stream on twitch, miss them so much *hugs*.

Last edited:
Let's keep it simple, I like what Witcher 3 has become. If you agree with that, then we're on the same page.

I don't think you can dismiss the issues I brought up with your way of thinking and then assume we're on the same page simply because we both like the same game. We may be looking at the same 3D model, but we're both looking at it from very different perspectives, mate. I am not offended that you've dismissed my argument, but I am consciously taking this into account. It's not the greatest of forms.

I'm willing to accept if she's not beautiful, just please don't make her look like a man, is that seriously too much to ask?

Your illustations of 'male' and 'female' skulls: The woman's face overlayed over the 'male' skull is proportionally correct.The edited female version is not and looks very strange to me. Sure the woman may seem masculine, but if you look at real women's faces -- real faces, that I might add, are the best source for inspiration -- that's what they look like. I find it difficult to explain -- she's just an average looking woman. I'd say she isn't masculine. There are *very* few real people who look the way you're suggesting. At this point, it's not about diversity, but about realism.

If you like cartoony style, so be it, but you can't really complain about those sorts of issues in realistic looking videogames.

I understand you find this particular character unattractive, but there illustrative/story/characteristion reasons for this. They don't *just* design characters for the purpose of being attractive for X audience (actually they do, it's you, believe it or not, so I'm not sure how this is an issue except for the fact it happened in one game). I personally think if they write what they write and base the character design appropriate to that written design, then there's no issue. Physical aesthetic is just a pure arse chance thing that you may end up being attracted to the design.

Okay let's compromise. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot to make you happy. How about 99% of the women are normal and fugly looking, but just have one romance option for straight males in which she looks hot, is that okay?

There's something really cringey about this statement. How about having no quotas whatsoever, like you were saying before about companies being PC?

In any case, there is no need to use big words like "censorship", "feminism", "political correctness" because you want a beautiful woman in a video game.

Well this topic gave me good laugh, I was joking about the hair in male characters, my bet it is a design choice because realistically women would have hair too in that period of time or any really.

I agree that the game at least should have the same amount of diverse and realistic faces, for all genders. One type of face design is overrated in my opinion, makes characters look the same without any personality. If I remember right there were people that though that Ciri was Triss, which I see as a problem when it comes to shapes and silhouettes for the base character.

As for the rest I am only gonna to say Cassandra it is pretty hot in my books and a lot of people of different genders think the same.

Last edited:
In your "skull" montage you added earrings, you deleted parts of her armor to give her a longer neck, and you made her smile to prove your point.
That's creepy.

And you deleted or diminished the scars too. Because women have to hide their scars to be beautiful.

You know that Yennefer is one ugly old hunchback under all her magic?

Yennefer is exactly as you see her "under the magic". She is no Lydia van Bredevoort, who was magically deformed and could only be masked by an illusion and not fully healed.

All the sorceresses were sickly, deformed, un-useful to their families. Magic could heal their bodies, transform their appearance and give them the proud demeanour they are famous for. It may not be how they started their lives, but it *is* who they are now, not merely an illusion.

Most still carry the scars of their earlier life (or their later tragedies) on their psyches, but their bodies are very real albeit enhanced.

Well this topic gave me good laugh, I was joking about the hair in male characters, my bet it is a design choice because realistically women would have hair too in that period of time or any really.

I agree that the game at least should have the same amount of diverse and realistic faces, for all genders. One type of face design is overrated in my opinion, makes characters look the same without any personality. If I remember right there were people that though that Ciri was Triss, which I see as a problem when it comes to shapes and silhouettes for the base character.

As for the rest I am only gonna to say Cassandra it is pretty hot in my books and a lot of people of different genders think the same.

All that matters is what the majority of straight male gamers think since she is a romance option for straight male gamers. Every person I've shown in real life who doesn't play games are confused over Cassandra's gender and say she looks like a man. I'm not making this up. The only people who sympathized were females surprisingly. If I knew any LGBT in real life, I'm sure they would defend Cassandra's look knowing full well her looking like a man upsets straight male gamers.

Triss is an example of beauty & attractiveness. CDProject artists and developers are damn smart and approach art with creativity AND TECHNICALITY. They know and understand the female skull in its entirety and understand it's diverse ranges.

Look how beautiful Triss is. Very little imperfections, symmetry in the face, known scientific facts that support her beauty. This cannot be said about Christopher Pentaghast. Don't get me wrong Bioware are GOOD modelers, but CDPR are the true professionals and they put heart and soul into their work. It's obvious.

They understand 3d modeling of the female form (face & body) on a technical level in addition to artistically.

Triss's beauty is in the major leagues:

whats a bull dike?

It's what a majority of the hairstyles for females in DAI were based on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom