The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen these?

Almost all of those are taken from different areas with different lighting at a different time of day. and the other half are taking screenshots and comparing them to pictures taken from a compressed video. and yes many people have already posted the same images many times.

@misho8723, you talk as if the whole world agree with what you say.

Development process is development process, I do not care if adjustments occur. I think there are quite a few here who think it looks absolutely amazing anyways. There are no games that I can think of in an open world fantasty setting like this that looks so great and alive.

There will always be those people who put graphics under a microscope thru the entire development process and they get stuck on that.

This was posted in one of the Neogaf threads, whether or not there is merit to this post we will find out in 9 days!

View attachment 13769

Attachments

• s4cLbxu.jpg
    s4cLbxu.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 63
but if they really messed things up, then they must bear the consequences and maybe they can learn from their mistakes

bear the consequences of what? they don't owe anyone anything. If people don't like the difference between a work in progress and the final product than they should not buy it.

When someone blames a developer for showing us a level of detail that is not achievable in the final product they are completely ignoring a crucial fact. the fact that what they(the developer) show is literally all that they have at the time. you either get an early look at the development of a game you are exited for or you don't get a look at it at all until release.

Almost all of those are taken from different areas with different lighting at a different time of day. and the other half are taking screenshots and comparing them to pictures taken from a compressed video. and yes many people have already posted the same images many times.

In that case this whole thread is useless. We should all wait for the game, and form our own opinions based on our own gameplay. Nevertheless, the images do show certain large changes, like in that area outside Novigrad, which are a downgrade in graphical fidelity.

In that case this whole thread is useless. We should all wait for the game, and form our own opinions based on our own gameplay. Nevertheless, the images do show certain large changes, like in that area outside Novigrad, which are a downgrade in graphical fidelity.

Wait it takes 238 pages for some people to realise that? lol

many people said from the start "you can hardly compare those screens because we dont know wich settings,platform,daytime etc they are from.. we should wait till we can actually see the game"

but nope... full on RAGE mode

Wait it takes 238 pages for some people to realise that? lol

many people said from the start "you can hardly compare those screens because we dont know wich settings,platform,daytime etc they are from.. we should wait till we can actually see the game"

but nope... full on RAGE mode

Hey, don't blame me, I entered the thread one page ago. And I realised that it was useless within one page...

There is a huge differences though in graphics fidelity. Look at these comparisons. Will it be possible to have the graphics of the top picture, or is Nvidia showing the best picture we are going to get? I find it hard to believe that Nvidia wouldn't show the best possible settings. At this point it looks like the game was downgraded for what ever reason that may be.

http://i.imgur.com/ROVyp4N.jpg

I can not imagine how this forums, reddid and neogaf are going to look like when people are going to finally play the game and if they confirm their assumptions of downgrade.. chaos.. and it can damage the reputation of CD Projekt RED in the future and maybe they aren't going to be the nice guys anymore.. I really hope for the best for them, but if they really messed things up, then they must bear the consequences and maybe they can learn from their mistakes

Well tbh if there is a downgrade and the game sells well...they can completely ignore the forums and the supposed "consequences." Once a dev does go down this path they don't necessarily change their methods or "learn from their mistakes" because money is money after all. Look how many downgrades ubi got away with. Remember the watchdogs fiasco? Still shipped 9 million copies and that went beyond a downgrade with all the glitches showcased before release. Though I will admit the game was fun and people give it too much crap. Not to mention all the downgrades sony does with their constant bullshots across gens and still sells their games at acceptable numbers. Hell rockstar even gave an initial trailer on gta v that looked loads better than what it did on the ps3/360 though I can't recall if it said in game footage.

If all the speculation about a downgrade is true, I guess CDPR might face more issues since they started on PC first so there was no reason to think there would be a downgrade as downgrading is always expected on consoles when things look too good to get it to run. The witcher 2 looked even better than the vids so great things were expected of them. Either way I guess the best we can do is say our piece when we have all the facts and the actual game. Also imo, they were never suppose to be the nice guys they are selling a product at the end of a day and the CEO will do what he thinks is best to do so. They won't the be the first or last to do this if it was downgraded. Personally like most people here, I just want to be told if the game looks as good as it did in the initial trailer so I can match my expectations.

The technical aspect is quite straightforward, actually. CDProjekt have said that the game will have the same build across all platforms, because having a separate build for each platform would not be a realistic aim considering time restrictions. Certain graphical aspects of the game are tied to the (shared) assets of the game. For instance, draw distance is tied to the meshes. Not only does this mean you can't adjust the draw distance, since the meshes are part of those shared assets it is the same across all platforms.

In other words, many graphical settings that could be pushed further on powerful PCs, can't be because consoles wouldn't be able to handle them. This (most likely) includes the lighting system, which is why the lighting is mentioned in downgrade discussions.

I hope that sheds some light (no pun intended :X) on the technical aspect, and keep in mind that we don't know what modding tools the REDkit will provide in the future.
Wrong.

To make it clear: the limited one is not the pc version. It is the console version.

When the program fro pc they need to take in care pcs much more powerful than consoles and pc less powerful than them. Different configurations and graphics cards.

You will never have a full optimized game, for your computer, on pc. Sometimes it will be better, sometimes worse, but they need to work for a lot of computers.

When something is done for a console it is done for one particular console. One closed hardware that allow you to direct program to the graphic card and the memory. Who cares? It will not generate incompatibilities.

But they did not do this cause the nature of the game makes these things unmanegable

bear the consequences of what? they don't owe anyone anything. If people don't like the difference between a work in progress and the final product than they should not buy it.

When someone blames a developer for showing us a level of detail that is not achievable in the final product they are completely ignoring a crucial fact. the fact that what they(the developer) show is literally all that they have at the time. you either get an early look at the development of a game you are exited for or you don't get a look at it at all until release.

You have a point there but the problem, at least for me, isn't the downgrade itself which i kinda expected, its the absolute silence in the matter and the fact that they kept saying there was no downgrade and you can play the same as vgx.

So you see there is a difference between "hey we couldn't keep up with the demanding graphics so we toned them down" and " nope we didn't downgrade anything".

Personally i don't believe this will have any kind of repercussion to their sales and maybe that it why there isn't any damage control right now and heck probably even after the release of the game.

Sure a vocal minority will probably go nuts after the game is released but it won't have any effect whatsoever and if the devs answer this after the release of the game it will still not satisfy them because i believe it is going to be along the lines of " Well we didn't downgrade anything as you can see the game is awesome as ever and it is a personal taste if you don't like the outcome".

Wrong.

To make it clear: the limited one is not the pc version. It is the console version.

When the program fro pc they need to take in care pcs much more powerful than consoles and pc less powerful than them. Different configurations and graphics cards.

You will never have a full optimized game, for your computer, on pc. Sometimes it will be better, sometimes worse, but they need to work for a lot of computers.

When something is done for a console it is done for one particular console. One closed hardware that allow you to direct program to the graphic card and the memory. Who cares? It will not generate incompatibilities.

But they did not do this cause the nature of the game makes these things unmanegable

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

You are Welcome

There is a huge differences though in graphics fidelity. Look at these comparisons. Will it be possible to have the graphics of the top picture, or is Nvidia showing the best picture we are going to get? I find it hard to believe that Nvidia wouldn't show the best possible settings. At this point it looks like the game was downgraded for what ever reason that may be.

http://i.imgur.com/ROVyp4N.jpg
THIS. This is exactly what I was saying. The picture below looks like Skyrim stock, and that's nearly 4 years old.

Wrong.

Please point out what information in my post is wrong after reading this quote from CDProjekt themselves:

We could up the resolution in the PC version, as the hardware is stronger, but at the same time we wouldn't be able to do something new, like, e.g., rewriting the rendering engine that would be able to render such an amount of triangles. if we had lightmaps of interiors, the game would have looked much smoother, but in this case we wouldn't have managed to simultaneously provide dynamic lightning in an open world.
(...)
Platform unification exists - we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them.
(...)
There is only one version, otherwise we wouldn't be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do.

I'm not disputing the reasons for limiting the graphical fidelity, I only explained why it was done (platform parity) from a technical standpoint.

I just wish at this time they would tell us if we can get the graphics fidelity of that 35 Minute demo or not on the PC. I do not understand why they are keeping their fans in the dark about this.

I just wish at this time they would tell us if we can get the graphics fidelity of that 35 Minute demo or not on the PC. I do not understand why they are keeping their fans in the dark about this.
Cause answer is ''no'' and they won't take a massive shitstorm before the game be released XD .....after all to be sure of anything ,at the moment, we have to wait the release and any word from them(devs) could be a marketing suicide ; that's why they are not clarifying this ''possible downgrade''

Here an opinon.

CDPR if your reading this. How about get rid of PS4 and Xbox 1 for this game. Console gamers do not deserve a game of this magnitude anyway. Make this PC game only. I was even going to spend money finally upgrading my PC after all these years and now I probably won't even pre-order it until I get to see if the downgrade exist or not.

In the meantime, I'll perfectly enjoy Dragon Age Inquisition and with all of its flaw, at max it a better looking game than this current "downgrade" to Skyrim graphic.
THIS. This is exactly what I was saying. The picture below looks like Skyrim stock, and that's nearly 4 years old.
I'm sorry but this is just BS... First of, the game releases in 9 days, you can't really drop out consoles at this point. So suggesting it now is kind of stupid. And TW3 looking like Skyrim... Wow this thread has become full with trolls.
And the whole reason for TW3 being developed for consoles is that because CDPR wants to expand as a company, at this point they just can't afford the costs (manpower and development time) of developing 3 builds of the game for each platform.

I'm not disputing the reasons for limiting the graphical fidelity, I only explained why it was done (platform parity) from a technical standpoint.
Not only from a technical standpoint but from a financial standpoint as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom