The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny about it that on those screens you can see that foliage quality didn't really changed much since 2013. It seem look better only thanks to the sharpening filters, small amount of lightning and camera angles. Take it all away and it doesn't look any better then what we have now.

The old foliage also won't react to the wind and surroundings.

He is basically whining because the game is also on console...and he claim that this will result in a poorer PC version. Entitled much....

It woulnt be the fist game that get downgraded due to console version.
unlike console players PC gamers upgrade their hardware to enjoy maxing out PC games where as a console player is already happy a game runs on 1080p 30 fps locked.

There is a reason for that as many gamers demand the best hardware and when said gamer is drooling at early pics of a game that get downgraded for a console 2 weeks before release you get alot of angry pc gamers.

No problem with consoles getting a downgraded version as their hardware cannot be compared to the PC, but when a PC game is getting downgraded i nthe name of consoles then expect to get burned and trashed all over the net just like the shitstorm Ubisoft had with Watchdogs.

What I expect in the few days leading up to release.
[video=youtube;S-5_Nw0tFXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5_Nw0tFXE[/video]

The foliage actually did react to wind in the behind closed doors demo from Gamescom 2013 so it's nothing that has been added recently.

I think he meant grass, because grass was static in E3 2013 and VGX trailers, it didnt react to NPCs and monsters movinf through it.

Its about lying and caving in to console peasants when we are PC gamers have supported CDPR for a decade and now are dismissed when the bags of money getting dropped.

Its a totaly diffrent expirience as we upgrade our hardware to enjoy PC games not a console port or heavely downgraded PC tittle to match performance of said consoles.

Its a backstabbing move nothing more nothing less.

Are you guys - who talk about cancelling their preorders or ignoring this game altogether - playing these games just because they are PC-exclusive titles and/or for their graphics? I thought that The Witcher fans played these games mainly for the story of Geralt of Rivia.

Angry Joe was one of the people who saw the behind closed doors demo from back in the day (look at his channel, he did an interview with a dev after it I believe) and yet he hasn't said a bad word about the game now? How is that? He'd be the first person to rip CDPR a new one if this ''downgrade'' was so great. Yet he seems to be as excited as ever for TW3, which can be concluded from the video of his meet up with the Polish fans while he was in Poland and the footage he released.

He is a huge fanboy of many series, but he always remains critical. I haven't heard a single ''You done fucked it up'' yet...

All you guys who ask for render farm graphics clearly haven't used laptops or lower-end desktops.

Seriously. Stop focussing on the graphics and look at the gameplay and storyline. I play Halo 1/2 on my laptop and they cannot compare to today's games in terms of graphical fidelity but the gameplay is unbeatably simple and elegant - something that modern shooters don't have. Sit down, shut up and WAIT, I say. You guys don't even have the game yet.

I'm pretty sure PC settings can be tweaked (.ini editing) to match pre-downgrade graphics if you got the GPU for it. I don't know why this is a big deal.

It woulnt be the fist game that get downgraded due to console version.
unlike console players PC gamers upgrade their hardware to enjoy maxing out PC games where as a console player is already happy a game runs on 1080p 30 fps locked.

There is a reason for that as many gamers demand the best hardware and when said gamer is drooling at early pics of a game that get downgraded for a console 2 weeks before release you get alot of angry pc gamers.

No problem with consoles getting a downgraded version as their hardware cannot be compared to the PC, but when a PC game is getting downgraded i nthe name of consoles then expect to get burned and trashed all over the net just like the shitstorm Ubisoft had with Watchdogs.

I think you are overreacting. It was demonstrated that past a certain level human eyes don't even notice any sensible difference in graphical quality. TW3 on PC will be better than in consoles so I don't understand what kind of downgrading you are talking about. You are already getting the thing at 1080p on 60fps....past that point you are really nitpicking. on little things you wouldn't even notice hadn't they told you. This is written from a former-PC gamer. This psychosis over graphics has to finish.

I think you are overreacting. It was demonstrated that past a certain level human eyes don't even notice any sensible difference in graphical quality. TW3 on PC will be better than in consoles so I don't understand what kind of downgrading you are talking about. You are already getting the thing at 1080p on 60fps....past that point you are really nitpicking. on little things you wouldn't even notice hadn't they told you. This is written from a former-PC gamer. This psychosis over graphics has to finish.

Realy ? http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-2013-...15-build-comparison-shows-downgraded-visuals/

This psychosis over graphics has to finish.

You put it succinctly and in a concise way - but some people who have render farms at home will never get it.

I have a GTX 860M laptop, and those haters will probably kill themselves if they see that. Meanwhile, I am perfectly satisfied with 1080p 30-45 FPS gameplay.

You can told me in poor words what happens? Im work i can't read all articles.

In the article the CDPR developer admits there is no difference between PCs and consoles, that that would have taken many more months of development, so the game is pretty much the same, the draw distance is the same in consoles and PCs (ridiculous), the difference will pretty much be better fps and resolution and some AO and some Hair Fx... even the textures will be pretty much the same.
They won't even have ubbersampling because it's too demanding? so what? that never stopped it from being on The Witcher 2... they just don't want extra stuff that will show a much bigger difference between PC and console... parity talk crap. They say this on the interview...

"How will the PC ultra version hold up against consoles?

It will be possible to spot differences in, for example, Nvidia HairWorks, but those are very demanding graphically, so a strong PC will be needed. What I’m about to say might not be diplomatic. In the future you will be able to turn on the option of ubersampling, which, upon the release of The Witcher 2, was killing the game, and will probably do the same with this title, so we don’t want to unlock it for now. It makes the game look better, but the requirements are insane."

"Are all the textures and models the same?

Yes, there is only one version, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to make the game in time. We would have to take it all apart, and then build it and test it on three different platforms at the same time, which is impossible to do. Therefore, we have one common basis, and then transfer it to other platforms.
We manage it differently on platforms with less memory. Less complex models are loaded; it all depends on what is going on on the screen at the moment. To sum up, there are only a few differences between PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. They are not aimed at changing the configuration; instead their purpose is to solve certain problems."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom