Which difficulty level will you choose?

+

Which difficulty level will you choose?

• Total voters
I think Normal. They said the game would be hard, and while I do want to pay more attention to the story than anything else, I also want to feel a sense of accomplishment when I take down a baddie. When I play on Easy, sometimes you're just OP from the start and combat ends up boring.

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty available so I can actually enjoy the game.

That's my plan as well..easy or normal first so I can get accustomed to the combat and what builds I should make and enjoy the story completely with my "canon" saved game (full non human Triss saved & everyone else alive).

Pretty sure there wasn't permadeath on the Death March difficulty in the twitch Q&A. They subsequently reloaded and set difficultly to just the story for Miles.

Yep. They didn't mention permadeath while explaining the difficulties either. Now I'm not so sure about it too.
But, assuming all those game journos didn't make some horrible mistake, why would CDPR remove the option?

Probably "normal" - I want a bit of a challenge but don't want it so tough that it interferes with enjoying the story - I find reloading after death to really breaks immersion and dislike having to do lots of silly games maneuvers just to stay alive.

I would really like a mod like Death Alternative for TW3 - where if you get killed you suffer some horrible setbacks (robbed, imprisoned, stashed in a ghoul's larder, etc.) but the story goes on rather than reloading. What they have done with guards robbing you and dumping you outside of town sounds like a good idea.

Normal until I'm fully used to the game, will probably keep normal for my first playthrough, after that will change to either hard or dark.

Normal until I'm fully used to the game, will probably keep normal for my first playthrough, after that will change to either hard or dark.

Do we know if you can change difficulties in the middle of a game yet or not?

Thanks

I'm starting on the normal difficulty. I believe in having an obstacle to overcome, but I want to experience the story as well, I will eventually try the game on higher difficulties for a challenge.

the highest (dark mode+kb/mouse controls yeah the controls are gonna be part of the difficulty )without permadeath ,maybe do some playtroughts 5 at least
and then...

bring peramedeath!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think a harder difficulty adds to the atmosphere of the game. It totally breaks my immersion when the griffin that terrifies villagers poses no actual threat to my character. Actually being afraid of what's around the corner really helps with getting immersed in the story. I want to feel like my enemies are trying to murder me, not throw themselves onto my sword. On that account, I hope there is some sort of penalty for dying (other than permadeath).

So, definitely dark difficulty for me!

the highest (dark mode+kb/mouse controls yeah the controls are gonna be part of the difficulty )without permadeath ,maybe do some playtroughts 5 at least
and then...

bring peramedeath!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there will be permadeath, aka "Death March". I've looked at the list of achievements.

I just wish there was a way to not load up previous save games, that way you get to live with your decision without reloading.

Personally, I think a harder difficulty adds to the atmosphere of the game. It totally breaks my immersion when the griffin that terrifies villagers poses no actual threat to my character. Actually being afraid of what's around the corner really helps with getting immersed in the story. I want to feel like my enemies are trying to murder me, not throw themselves onto my sword. On that account, I hope there is some sort of penalty for dying (other than permadeath).

So, definitely dark difficulty for me!

If you want the ultimate investment in your character and in the game, then permadeath is the way to go.

I think it's been confirmed that death march (the dificulty in the trophie list) is not perma death... there will be a difficulty above that which will include perma death I'm guessing...

I myself am going for Death March... I don't like Perma Death but I like difficulty in games... I regret choosing Hard instead of Nightmare in Inquisition since I'm a completionist and I reached a point where I was way too strong for most of the enemies...

Last edited:
Top Bottom