[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

I know we do not need others to tell us if something is good or not. After all, Art is subjective. But It will be cool to read the media reviews and comments on the game. Starting tomorrow !

---------- Updated at 08:33 AM ----------

He clocked over 100 hours over 10 days. Looking forward to the review. Hopefully the hype is real.

Good on you, Kevin. Putting a lot of time into the game. I didn't expect reviewers to play for 200 hours, but neither just 40 or 50. 100 seems that right mark.

Looking forward to reading the impressions. As long as they're not spoilerish, but I don't see why they will be.

CDPR were really confident with the review embargo, they are confident of their product. I hope the reviews range between 9-10, if the game is all that it is cranked up to be so far, RED's deserve this. :)

I fear that the user score on metacritic will be bombed by trolls shouting downgrade, I hope it doesn't come to this.

Last edited:
Nice thread. I'm excited to see what reviewers think of the game. Kevin and Daniel are both fans, that's good, but I'm also curious about the impressions of people who have had no clue about The Witcher before Wild Hunt.

But what if it's below a 9? What then? What then??!!

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that glitches will be a highlighted issue in a lot of the reviews.

But what if it's below a 9? What then? What then??!!

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that glitches will be a highlighted issue in a lot of the reviews.

Then it's going to hurt the sales a little, obviously. But CDPR seems to be really confident... and fans will enjoy the game anyways.

Sken

Forum veteran
Get paid to play Witcher 3, how horrible.
It is horrible. Rushing your way through the game just to get a review out in a week doesn't sound too enticing. These two guys are huge Witcher fans, so yes they got the privilege to play early, but I can imagine a lot of that play through was forcing their way through the game rather than being engrossed in it.

100 hours in a week, that would be pretty taxing.

It is horrible. Rushing your way through the game just to get a review out in a week doesn't sound too enticing. These two guys are huge Witcher fans, so yes they got the privilege to play early, but I can imagine a lot of that play through was forcing their way through the game rather than being engrossed in it.

100 hours in a week, that would be pretty taxing.

I don't see how finishing the main story in 100 hours would be rushed. CDPR have said that the main story would take 50 hours to complete and 25 hours to speedrun. So 100 hours seems like plenty of time to complete it. It would be rushed if they had to produce a review of the game and were only allowed to play for maybe 25 hours.

Playing a game for a long time every day is not the same as rushing it. :)

Hi Guys

I've been on the forums for 2 years now. This is my fourth post, I'm the shadow in the background observing everyone. LOL!
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for the awesome, informative and funny posts. It's been a hell of a ride

Next week all of will be enjoying getting lost in the game exploring every aspect of it

To the RED's, good luck with the launch and I am sure this will be THE game of 2015. You guys deserve all the praise that comes with it!

To everyone else, enjoy the game. Because I will...

I actually don't have very high expectations regarding the reviews. I think the game will maybe not be rated as high as it deserves (in my opinion). Witcher games are still niche games after all, and -besides the downgrade-discussion- there could arouse some criticisms. For example the size of the world vs. density of content: W3 has a more realistic attempt here where you don't find loot chests, cave entrances and quests behind every bush, some people could still consider this to feel "empty" and they could criticize that the game does not really encourage free exploring but rather running from one POI to another. While i may like the more realistic approach and don't really like the idea of having free loot behind every corner, others may not. They might say "Yes, the map is huge, but it feels artificial and empty - you have to use your horse a lot, and if you don't, you might find yourself wandering almost empty roads and woods for a quite long time".
They might also mock the AI, that isn't enough "next-gen", the crafting system (alchemy as a hunt for alcool), they might ask why there are so many different weapons you could use but won't because Geralt is a sword fighter after all - and thus complain about the lack of variety in combat-styles....

In the end, Witcher games aren't for everyone. Witcher titles aren't Elder Scroll tales. There is no housing, no guilds to join, no factions to side on, no random quests, there is no content without a reason. So W3 will not suit every RPG-enthusiast in the world, and that is fine.
As soon as we will see those reviews, and during the first week after release, we will have all those questions and suggestions here again: why is there no stealth combat? Why can't i play Geralt as a dual wielding axe/sword/whatnot fighter? Can i buy a house? Can i marry Triss and have Kids with her? Why can't i rename my fucking horse? Why isn't this a sandbox game where you can depopulate whole cities and villages if you wish to?

Be prepared. Release is coming.

Every review below 9/10 would be a surprise for me.
I wish there won't be troll reviews of 6/10 this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom