+

What skills matter to you the most?

• Signs.

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Swords.

Votes: 58 59.2%
  • Alchemy.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • All of the above as equally as possible.

Votes: 24 24.5%

• Total voters
What skills matter to you the most?

The power and additional functionality of your individual signs, the potency and individual moves you can perform with your swords, your alchemical concoctions, potions and bombs or all of the above roughly equally?

Last edited:
I've always preffered hybrid builds and I lean more towards Swords as a focus with Alchemy as backup. I use signs only when needed (Yrden and the like)..not too fan of spaming Igni (although a full magic build in W2 with a sword tree combination was quite fun towards the end).

One playthrough using each build and then perhaps some hybrid attempts of course!

EDIT: First playthrough sword, obviously.

Last edited:
My first build is gonna be mostly sword focused with a little bit of signs thrown in. Maybe 9 for swords and 3 for signs assuming no utility skill.

I have no idea at this point (of course). After watching that Twitch stream with LUq and Miles -- they all look so good. I'd probably do a hybrid and end up favouring one a little more inadvertently. Can't say which one though (O~O)

sword + alchemy to back me up. Magic , just quen to tank and sometimes yrden/aard depending on the enemys weakness

I dont know but in later playthroughs of The Witcher 2, i have gone down the Alchemy route more and more.

I guess i kinda like the aspect of being powerful due only to time invested gathering herbs, mixing them up and concocting potions to make Geralt both powerful and as tough as nails.

So if alchemy works somewhat similar to The Witcher 2, i will likely go down the same route.

I dont know but in later playthroughs of The Witcher 2, i have gone down the Alchemy route more and more.
Likewise but that's because I find alchemy makes the strongest Geralt of them all. Probably going to be a lot more balanced this time.

I tend to stick with Aard the most, and have swords at a reasonably good second place to Alchemy.

I always loved the idea of preparation makes perfect for Geralt. With Alchemy, its all about preparation. Swordplay and Signs were about ''in the moment'' actions. Aside from bombs, potions require you to think ahead - and based on the book i am reading right now - The Last Wish - he is very much a thoughtful kind of person. (no not a hero, a person!)

Swords at first, mostly because I want all the cool animations. Then for my second playthrough I'll play a crazy voodo grenade-throwing potion-slurping deranged alchemist shaman.

Swords at first, mostly because I want all the cool animations. Then for my second playthrough I'll play a crazy voodo grenade-throwing potion-slurping deranged alchemist shaman.

<-- What this man said

Seriously, gonna concentrate on sword skills, with little tiny bit of signs & alchemy (for example the alchemy skill that slows down opponents for better parry)

The skill of seducing leprechauns.

Jokes aside, to me alchemy. I love the creating your own concoctions & the reward is something you have created that helps.

The different varieties of concoctions you can create
such as cats eyes to see enemies outline & internal structure, like in the Witcher 2

The variety is what I enjoy the most about it the reward is the process of creating it.

Last edited:
Including the world?

Of course :p

Top Bottom