[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
Gamespot - 10/10

PC Games - 90 % (german)

Gameinformer - 9.75/10

IGN - 9.3/10

GameTrailers - 9.8

Kotaku - YES

This is like future gaming. At the end of the Gamespot review I thought that oh crap another QTE but gladly that was only the score :cheers:

Skimmed through some reviews - most complaints seem to be about technical issues with that PS4 debug version that was provided. So that should hopefully be solved with D1 patch on all platforms.

Indeed, congratulations CDPR.

I read a few reviews and it seems they have stunned the press. And here i thought i couldn't get more excited.

As I feared the guy on Gamespot said that you can easily outlevel enemies if you do side quests and game becomes too easy. This is what I horribly didn't like in DA:I. Even on hardest difficulty I outleveled everyone and it became too easy.

Also is that PC or console footage, because it looks... quite bad... and framerate seems to go below 30 at times.

Last edited:
On purpose i am not reading the reviews, but a friend of me told me about IGN's verdict and....damn.

Though the straightforward and fetch-quest-heavy main story overstays its welcome, the option of joyfully adventuring through a rich, expansive open world was always there for me when I’d start to burn out. Even if the plot isn’t terribly interesting, the many characters who play a part in it are, and along with the excellent combat and RPG gameplay, they elevate The Witcher 3 to a plane few other RPGs inhabit.

That's somewhat of a bummer. Especially when CDPR spoke about fetch quests in interviews before and how they don't like them.

I didn't read any of the reviews, but I skimmed something from IGN's about the story decisions being a bit 'tasteless' and I have no idea what that means. Having as much faith as I do in CDPR (and the fact they threw a 9.3 at the goddamn thing anyway) I'm probably sure that means it's a subjective thing and I'll be heartbroken or whatever in a good way.

As for overlevelling, I figure in open world games it's pretty inevitable -- for me it's *how* they handle the issue and if it becomes too obvious. That's pretty much down to how the player plays, imo, so it's not a huge worry seeing that in a review.

*does a little dance for cdpr's review success*

Top Bottom