[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
Half agree. I don't think they should CHANGE the score, but it would be good if there was some way they could UPDATE it - "It was a 9 now it's a 10". They shouldn't lose the history and pretend it never happened.

And, to those whose posts I deleted, yes, they're all PS4. It was the only version made available to reviewers.
I think that is definitely fair. I would also make it up to the reviewer if they want to revisit the game. Might be a little hard to check a game this large again, to make sure those bugs are gone. Though considering the reviews, I don't think many would complain about playing the Wild Hunt multiple times.

Damn, what did you do CD? Even a stupid game would've sufficed, damn, Xardas would be proud, Adanos would rest in peace, at last. *tears dropping*

On X360, Skyrim's metascore is 96 based on 89 critics. So no, not yet.

Those comparisons don't make sense anyway. Both games were excellent when they were released and games are always measured in context of the time they are released in and the other games of their time. TW3 looks pretty good, a few bugs here, problems with the M/K controls there (both problems GTA V has as well BTW) , but overall a masterpiece.

Congrats to CDPR for the early onslaught of 9's and 10's!!!! Graphic downgrade talks be damned, they have delivered something very special here!!!

The voice sounds familiar, but not like the Triss in TW2.

Huh? It sounds practically exactly the same, just with natural VA improvements due to the Actor probably getting better direction, and generally improving.

More On-Topic though:
Congrats to CDPR. I really didn't expect anything else than the kind of high scores they are receiving. That said, mainstream reviews don't mean shit to me personally, even non-mainstream doesn't mean much, so I'm still hotly anticipating and hoping the game is as close to what I've been waiting for these last 4 years.

Half agree. I don't think they should CHANGE the score, but it would be good if there was some way they could UPDATE it - "It was a 9 now it's a 10". They shouldn't lose the history and pretend it never happened, but they should also acknowledge patches.

And, to those whose posts I deleted, yes, they're all PS4. It was the only version made available to reviewers.

I think you're right. At the end of the day this game still has a number of technical problems (despite the two delays) and to pretend these issues hadn't occurred wouldn't be right. It's a shame really.

Wow, these scores! Looks like I aimed low with my 91 metascore guess. And most of the negatives are related to the performance. Well deserved, CDPR!

Although I think the expectations just got even higher, so the user score might end up even lower than I thought it will.
But who the hell cares?

I want to congratulate all CDPR team with this great achievement !
Job well done, gentleman.

P.S. damm those, reviews are full with spoilers, didn't check much besides headline and score

Congrats!

But I think I will pass on the PS4 version. Pop in will not be fixed by a patch (witcher 2 was full of it and it wasn't an open world) and the frame rate certainly won't be locked at 30. I will wait and see though. For now, PC is the way to go.

What the IGN one says about the story?

EDIT: Just read it. It's said that people do not care for stories anymore...

Last edited:
Top Bottom