Censored versions of the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing it up for me, guys. Glad we aren't getting a censored version in Australia. Feel sorry for you Arab gamers though.

Middle East censorship?

Because i live in the Middle East I wanted to know:

Will the censorship remove the sex scenes and tone down the gore or will it remove certain parts of the game too? (Do I need to wait for the release to know this?)

Will the censorship only be applied to the Xbox one and Ps4 versions or will it be coming to steam too?

If i get a friend from the US or UK to gift me the game (
on steam) will i be able to play it?
If so, will it be uncensored?
(should i ask steam support about this instead of this forum?)

Finally, the GOG version is confirmed to be uncensored right?

If i can get a response from an official it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help. :)

Because i live in the Middle East I wanted to know:

Will the censorship remove the sex scenes and tone down the gore or will it remove certain parts of the game too? (Do I need to wait for the release to know this?)

Will the censorship only be applied to the Xbox one and Ps4 versions or will it be coming to steam too?

If i get a friend from the US or UK to gift me the game (
on steam) will i be able to play it?
If so, will it be uncensored?
(should i ask steam support about this instead of this forum?)

Finally, the GOG version is confirmed to be uncensored right?

If i can get a response from an official it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help. :)

i read that the sex scenes are toned down but i am not sure what that means and i heard the GOG version is uncensored but sorry i cant answer much

This is why in Australia they redid the classification for the Gaming Industry, Rated M is Mature obviously while rating R is restricted to 18+. I wasn't at all surprised that it got a R rating here in Aus because of the strong sexual nature, swearing and drinking themes, but I am glad that they saw sense and changed the rating system because this game in the past probably would have been toned down before it was released here. Now I have to shoo my 5 year old girl away whenever something Adult appears in W3 but that is why she has her own play-room with her own TV/Blu-Ray player, certainly more than I had when I was her age !

Last edited:
This is why in Australia they redid the classification for the Gaming Industry, Rated M is Mature obviously while rating R is restricted to 18+. I wasn't at all surprised that it got a R rating here in Aus because of the strong sexual nature, swearing and drinking themes, but I am glad that they saw sense and changed the rating system because this game in the past probably would have been toned down before it was released here. Now I have to shoo my 5 year old girl away whenever something Adult appears in W3 but that is why she has her own play-room with her own TV/Blu-Ray player, certainly more than I had when I was her age !
the most recent saints row game was censored with our rating system so its still something to worry about

i read that the sex scenes are toned down but i am not sure what that means and i heard the GOG version is uncensored but sorry i cant answer much
Well, thanks for the help. That's why i made a new post hoping it might get a little bit of attention and maybe get an official or someone from the team to reply but, mods sure move fast, :-[ they had their reasons :)

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the help. That's why i made a new post hoping it might get a little bit of attention and maybe get an official or someone from the team to reply but, mods sure move fast, :-[ they had their reasons :)
there are a lot of threads about censorship(i almost made a new one) its an important issue for many people and with good reason but that is why i think they tried to keep it in one thread so there is one thread which should be able to help people, sorry i was unable to give you many answers

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=WKYs2tMvIkxSBfjakweAyQ==

Now if I'm not mistaken, that "Version - original" means no alterations were made.

Not quite correct in this context , "Version - Original" is the classification means that it was the OFLC's initial viewing and no amendments were requested. Unlike with TW2 ["Version: Refused / Modifed"] which was initially refused classification -- and later given the equivalent of a US "R" rating on review -- because of the incentivised sexual content

Last edited:
Cencorship

Hey guys,I pre-ordered from steam the witcher 3,Im living from Turkey.Is that my witcher -3 with cencorship or not ? Thx for answers its important to me :(

Could someone post the differences between the censored and uncensored version? I really am disappointed that you guys censored it in the middle east, because the governments here(jordan+kuwait) do not care about video games lol, anyway if there's a video to show the differences in the gore and sex scenes please? thanks.

Sorry, there is no such video. I'm sure someone will make one once the game is released so you can compare then.

It was not our decision. In order to be able to sell games in that region, our publisher had to conform to local legal requirements. I understand people do not like it, but if the choice is to play a slightly censored version of the game or to not be able to play at all (without importing from foreign countries), we would prefer that our fans in teh region had the choice to play.

Could someone post the differences between the censored and uncensored version? I really am disappointed that you guys censored it in the middle east, because the governments here(jordan+kuwait) do not care about video games lol, anyway if there's a video to show the differences in the gore and sex scenes please? thanks.

I know how it will be:
1) When you are going to cut off the head of an enemy flowers are flowing outside the neck. Multiple color flowers!

2) This clip will start every time you are going to have a sex scene....

Just joking ofc....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom