Witcher TV series in North America

+
Witcher TV series in North America

This issue has been mentioned before, and people often point to the Polish Witcher series as a bad example. However, the Polish series was made more than a decade ago and it lacks a special effects budget. Considering the level of production that shows like Game of Thrones have gotten to a Witcher series in North America would be ground breaking if done well and has some well cast actors. Do you agree? And who do you think should play the major characters in the Witcher novels if there is a series? Would Charles Dance make a good live action Emhyr var Emreis?

Last edited:
There was some thread about it already. Can't find it now, but someone was actually considering the idea.

Last edited:
I think a TV series would be much better than a film because gives a lot more room to develop the complex story of the Witcher. I think either Netflix, HBO or Starz should do the show because they have a lot of money to throw around and are not afraid to bring out all the mature content in the books.

I don't have a set preference for this. I can appreciate both, a film and a series, as long as they are well done.

---------- Updated at 05:05 PM ----------

But no HBO please. They are a very unpleasant company. You'd never see a DRM-free release from them.

If anything, let CDPR themselves manage it. They planned something that's outside the scope of gaming, so why not films?

---------- Updated at 05:16 PM ----------

It could also give their GOG films service a boost.

Last edited:

Netflix would be the ideal platform for a proper Witcher series/film. If not them, then maybe AMC could take a crack at it

(yes i know, not everyone is a fan of the "bowdlerized" Walking Dead, but hey, both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are two of the best shows ever produced, so i think it could work as a backup)

Game of Thrones - one of the reasons it is successful is because you don't know whom is going to get killed off next.

What would the tv show comprise: gambling, whoring and killing monsters? I suppose that might work. Yet it lacks the emotional bond from having lead characters die off.

If still interested I can provide link to Onedrive folder where I keep the whole series safely. It's english-subbed (a bad subtitle work, mind you, sometimes text covers half of a screen - its annoying for polish speakers (like for me for instance) who don't have to read subs; might be less annoying for those who got to focus on reading the subtitles though) and quality is rather low, but its the only such release. Reply to this thread if interested...

Last edited:
The Hexer (Witcher Television Show)

For those of you who don't know, however few you may be, a Witcher television show was producer right around the turn of the millennium. It's name was, at the time, translated to "The Hexer", rather than "The Witcher", because it came out before "The Witcher" was coined as the appropriate translation for "Wiedźmin". Anyway, the whole series was up-loaded to YT, with fan-made English translations.

This is the first part (For those of you who are interested.): "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZlIMnIe9e0".

I have. It's not as bad as some portray it.

---------- Updated at 01:48 AM ----------

Some songs are great there:

Definitely. The movie sucked, but the show is definitely growing on me.

---------- Updated at 06:02 AM ----------

Netflix would be the ideal platform for a proper Witcher series/film. If not them, then maybe AMC could take a crack at it

(yes i know, not everyone is a fan of the "bowdlerized" Walking Dead, but hey, both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are two of the best shows ever produced, so i think it could work as a backup)

Does anyone know what he meant by this? I didn't know that either of these shows had been expurgated.

Definitely. The movie sucked, but the show is definitely growing on me.

The film was compiled from the series by compressing most of the story lines, which created a very incoherent result, where many things look illogical, appearing out of the blue and lacking connections. Series definitely make more sense, because they actually provide details and context.

---------- Updated at 02:10 AM ----------

By the way, here is a version of Zapachniało Jesienią without interruptions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWInlU7bLZU

I would really like to see a new series. The new Witcher movie may be a beginning, but I think if it comes to the books, films won't do well.

Top Bottom