Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Well let me put it this way. The 2013 stuff is gone, that was advertising stuff. Everything since 2014 might be real though and it will look good no doubt about it. But the big step towards even greater graphics didn't happen and wont happen in any game this year that's for sure.

Well let me put it this way. The 2013 stuff is gone, that was advertising stuff. Everything since 2014 might be real though and it will look good no doubt about it. But the big step towards even greater graphics didn't happen and wont happen in any game this year that's for sure.

This is exactly what worries us :(

The amusing thing is the game is struggling to hit 30fps on PS4. So between Order 1886 and The Witcher 3 I guess we've seen the end of this console generation. Things aren't going to any better looking from here :lol:

The amusing thing is the game is struggling to hit 30fps on PS4. So between Order 1886 and The Witcher 3 I guess we've seen the end of this console generation. Things aren't going to any better looking from here :lol:

Yea it's not like the most impressive game for last gen came out at the end of those consoles' life cycles...Hur Derp. Ignorant people declaring this generation dead before it has a chance to get going is really special.

yeah, put a rail shooter like The Order 1886 and The Witcher 3, game with vast open world in one sentence...

Yea it's not like the most impressive game for last gen came out at the end of those consoles' life cycles...Hur Derp. Ignorant people declaring this generation dead before it has a chance to get going is really special.
There is a reason for that. Consoles had their own architecture and developers perfected their techniques as the gen progressed. Difference is this generation, both consoles use a very familiar x86 architecture that developers have been working on for years. Make of that what you will.

I can tell you that this screens are fakes. Look here:

http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=0

ofc it's PC 2014 vs PS4 2015. It's definitely not so bad as on Your ss, but also not so good. I still have hope into PC release. It must look significantly better at high end RIG than PS4 now...

Last edited:
I would give you a RED-Point but im on mobile ._.
Had a good smile though
Funny thing,I always use my mobile while reading forums
Well,on to the topic
IGN clam's that the main story is slightly less better than the side quest (well, for me personally it doesn't matter ).

@HughTheHand I don't really have anything to say to you; the poster I quoted below summarized exactly what I was going to say. For the first time ever consoles use the same hardware architecture as PCs, making them easy to code.

Thanks for calling me "special" though. It's nice that you associate your self-esteem with a $400 purchase you made
There is a reason for that. Consoles had their own architecture and developers perfected their techniques as the gen progressed. Difference is this generation, both consoles use a very familiar x86 architecture that developers have been working on for years. Make of that what you will.

But the big step towards even greater graphics didn't happen and wont happen in any game this year that's for sure.

And that might be a good thing. I know it has been said to death but I really think this obsession about graphics is killing the so-called AAA games industry. It requires so much money to push them even further that editors need to sell millions of copies, are afraid to take any risk, and we end up with the same bland crap ad nauseam. So I am happy that CD Projekt paid writers in order to deliver solid stories and quests rather than putting all their ressources into making the best looking game ever (I just wish they would have been more straightforward about it but whatever).

This graphical course to armaments seems to be following an asymptotic curve. And it shouldn't be what this game is about anyway. The first Witcher game was great because of its storytelling, its rpg experience. It was pretty, not technologically so, but thanks to a tasteful artistic direction. Eye candy in TW2 and TW3 are good yes, I enjoy them, but they're not why I love those games. And what other game am I excited for this year? No Man's Sky. For that's the kind of "technological" advance we should be looking forward to, IMHO.

Sorry about the outburst, I had to vent it out.

And that might be a good thing. I know it has been said to death but I really think this obsession about graphics is killing the so-called AAA games industry. It requires so much money to push them even further that editors need to sell millions of copies, are afraid to take any risk, and we end up with the same bland crap ad nauseam. So I am happy that CD Projekt paid writers in order to deliver solid stories and quests rather than putting all their ressources into making the best looking game ever (I just wish they would have been more straightforward about it but whatever).

This graphical course to armaments seems to be following an asymptotic curve. And it shouldn't be what this game is about anyway. The first Witcher game was great because of its storytelling, its rpg experience. It was pretty, not technologically so, but thanks to a tasteful artistic direction. Eye candy in TW2 and TW3 are good yes, I enjoy them, but they're not why I love those games. And what other game am I excited for this year? No Man's Sky. For that's the kind of "technological" advance we should be looking forward to, IMHO.

Sorry about the outburst, I had to vent it out.

I think it is a common misconception that more money=better graphics through and through. Certainly more money can get better equipment and hardware but to be honest I think that it just takes time and skilled programmers for the most part.

Well yes..but don't forget that Witcher 3 had at one point had an entirely different visual look, different assets and stuff. The source of all this "downgrade" stuff. They HAD the visuals that some people are missing.

In this instance, it isn't about "money" but it was solely a compromise made for performance across the platforms.

Well yes..but don't forget that Witcher 3 had at one point had an entirely different visual look, different assets and stuff. The source of all this "downgrade" stuff. They HAD the visuals that some people are missing.

In this instance, it isn't about "money" but it was solely a compromise made for performance across the platforms.
What you saw was a vertical slice running on an unknown device. For all you know, if all game systems were implemented and the entire world was rendered with that visuals, it wouldn't have run even on a system with quad Titan X and the best CPU around.
Ofcourse that's a hyperbole, but you get my point.

Top Bottom