A quick look at the game configs XML

+
@sidspyker: What is that full range your talking about in your sig? A quick search brought to light that there is a tool which fixes something with the color used from the monitor. Did you used a tool or what did you do to get full range?

Thanks for the interesting read through this thread!

Still no draw distance scale options ( every pc open world use it) I'm think is disappointed. My other concern is about nothing name it by ultra ( just ubersampling) pretty much confirmed for Me that there is no better textures or grass quality ( old build) differently from the ps4 Version

Last edited:
Thank you for not reading anything in the past 10 pages and instead just aimlessly bickering over things that we've already discovered and documented in this very thread.

"Nothing by the name of Ultra" Wrong.
"Just Ubersampling" Wrong.
"No extra textures or grass" Euh? Wrong? I don't know what "extra textures" you were expecting but we have clearly mentioned Grass Density variable being found with values.

This looks promising! I hope everything is accessible through the graphic option menu, but I won't mind if I have to tweak the inis myself. I'm sure lots of guides will pop in the days / weeks after release.

And judging by the amount of thing that are on these files, we won't need SWEET FX at all.

PC Master race has never been so true =D

I am hoping that despite the the distant view values being locked within assets that there is some form of a global value. If that value was to increase then all the asset values go up by a certain amount from their locked baseline value. Stuff like shadows and grass would be nice to increase, but at the moment I doubt a single GPU will be able to handle any major increases well but it would be nice to have the option.

In Skyrim ugrids setting can be increased, initially it would be very unstable because of how badly the engine handles the memory, but the amazing modding community fixed that issue. However the game itself tends to break, which is a shame because at default the LOD is abysmal.

Somehow I'm guessing a lot the modding centralizes with these files. ASCII editing doesn't sound fun to me anymore so glad for the upcoming modding tools. Probably won't bother myself because there are tons off better modders out there.

\GOG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\cooked.redscripts
\GOG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\cookedfinal.redscripts

Looking at all the graphical settings in the xml and ini files, there might be a sweetspot setting for people with 1 GB vram or below minimum gpu in 900p for example. Maybe trying to tweak to find xbox one graphical settings :) I mean if those texture downsampling options do have an effect and it does what I think it does.

With those PhysX CPU and GPU dll files I wonder if there's any effect with selecting what your PhysX processor is or are those 'hard baked' in the game engine...

Texture Downscaling was there in TW2 as well, as far as I can remember, it didn't seem affect performance in most systems. Maybe on something really old?

Texture Downscaling was there in TW2 as well, as far as I can remember, it didn't seem affect performance in most systems. Maybe on something really old?

I play on a laptop with a GT555M, I only got like 3 extra fps with it..so the way more uglier textures didn't justify the fps increase. So yeah, I was like f*ck that 3 extra fps, I am playing with around 25 anyway, 28 won't make a difference xD.

Edit: Although, it's only a 4 year old mobile gpu, you can pretty much consider it a dinosaur nowadays.

Last edited:
Texture downscaling in TW2 is helpful with small-memory systems. TW2 will play on as little as 2GB system RAM and 512MB VRAM, but you run out of RAM fast unless you downscale. Downscaling in TW3 will likely play the same role; it may be key to getting the game working at all on 1-1.5GB VRAM. But if you don't need it, it's definitely better not to use it.

Is it possible to get some of these information posted to the first post? (Would like the important ones instead of everything)

Might help more having them clustered in spoilers, well for those who have them written down in a notepad file its gonna be fine but still maybe they missed some good information.

Hbao:

<visiblevars>
<var id="allowmotionblur" displayname="allow_motion_blur" displaytype="toggle"/>
<var id="allowblur" displayname="allow_blur" displaytype="toggle"/>
<var id="allowantialias" displayname="allow_antialias" displaytype="toggle"/>
<var id="allowbloom" displayname="allow_bloom" displaytype="toggle"/>
<var id="allowsharpen" displayname="allow_sharpen" displaytype="toggle"/>
<var id="virtual_ssaosolution" displayname="ssao_solution" displaytype="options">
<optionsarray>
<option id="0" displayname="aonone">
<entry varid="ssaosolution" value="0"/>
</option>
<option id="1" displayname="ssao">
<entry varid="ssaosolution" value="1"/>
</option>
<option id="2" displayname="hbao">
<entry varid="ssaosolution" value="2"/>

</option>
</optionsarray>
</var>

Thank you to everyone for doing the digging and sharing the information. (I'm Opethian btw, for anyone who might remember me, GOG merge and all :))

I'd like to point out to be VERY CAREFUL and do not look at the last list "And for the really curious, here's a file list for the game, extending to it's libraries, etc."@Asmodean778 posted here - "View attachment 13911 Unless you would like to be potentially spoiled (location/story-wise)

I accidentally scrolled a little too far down and read something I would of preferred not knowing.Venture forth at your own risk.
It is not his/her fault and it was clearly spoiler tagged, I'm giving a heads up to anyone out there just in case :like:

Attachments

• A quick look at the game configs XML - Page 6 2015-05-12 09-38-33.jpg
    A quick look at the game configs XML - Page 6 2015-05-12 09-38-33.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Can we please limit this downgrade talk to the visuals threads and stop polluting every other thread with that non-sense?

Top Bottom