Insider says there was a graphics downgrade.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insider says there was a graphics downgrade.

According to this website, an insider says that there was in fact a graphics downgrade... He says the PC had more than enough power to handle those graphics, he says it is because of them also working on the consoles versions of the game that they did not have the time or budget to put those graphical effects into the PC version of the game.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Say it ain't so CD Projekt Red, please say it ain't so! Please tell me you did not hold back the PC versions graphical ability because of the consoles holding it back! Please tell me this is not true!

I know people will say a graphical downgrade does not matter, but it does, it really does. It is about the principal of it, it means Cd Projekt Red sold out to the consoles, just like Crytek sold out to the consoles. I really hope that CD Projekt Red did not pull a graphics parity on us, and the only PC features we have are NVIDIA GameWorks. Well CD Projekt Red, we will know when the game releases, and if the PC version looks the same as the console version, people will notice and be peed.

But then, none of this matters if this site is false, and it very well could be false... But at the same time I just can't help but think that it might be true.

Last edited:
a bit convenient the insider touches on all of the common downgrade complaints. unless he was prompted by someone who is very aware of these posts, and following the debate intently, i see no reason why he would go into such specific details about each of the complaints he did.

People will try to deny the legitimacy of the insider, but everything said there can be seen clearly in even recent PC gameplay footage. I don't understand how some people believed, somehow, that features that had been removed would magically reappear

just wait for 6 days can't we?
and then we can see what it this downgrade are real or just some big joke for our kid .

a bit convenient the insider touches on all of the common downgrade complaints. unless he was prompted by someone who is very aware of these posts, and following the debate intently, i see no reason why he would go into such specific details about each of the complaints he did.

more or less same thing was confirmed here
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Adam-Badowski-translation?highlight=badowski

And how will the PC ultra compare to consoles?

You will be able to find some small differences like Nvidia Hairworks for example but they are very demanding graphically so you must have a strong machine. It’s not a political thing to say but in the future you will be able to turn on Ubersampling that killed the Witcher 2 at release and now it will do the same, so we don’t want to unlock it now. The game looks better but has absurd requirements.

Are all models and textures the same?

Yes, there’s only one version, without it we wouldn’t be able to deliver the game on time. We would have to strip it down, build and test separately on all 3 platforms which is infeasible. To we do it all on one foundation and then distribute it to all devices.

We manage the memory differently on platforms that have less of it. Less complex models are loaded, it all depends on what happens on the screen at given moment. To sum it up there are not ma

I fell like a lot of people don't realize that bringing Witcher 3 on consoles helps them make more money for future even more ambitious projects like Cyberpunk. If it was PC only game a lot of people would just pirate it. CDPR almost bunkrupt before realising Witcher 2.

Maybe it's better for them to be PC exclusive and go out of business? I mean...then that way they'd still be "pure", right? God forbid they actually make money on the work they do...

I fell like a lot of people don't realize that bringing Witcher 3 on consoles helps them make more money for future even more ambitious projects like Cyberpunk. If it was PC only game a lot of people would just pirate it. CDPR almost bunkrupt before realising Witcher 2.

that was because of mismanagment and the failed CONSOLE version of witcher 1. Witcher 1 and 2 made them shittons of money on PC

just wait for 6 days can't we?
and then we can see what it this downgrade are real or just some big joke for our kid .

Too many times have we witnessed right in our face obvious downgrades for me to not be worried. Dark Souls 2, Watch Dogs and Aliens: Colonial Marines being just 3 examples. I really do hope these downgrade rumours are not true, but I just don't know.

I just hope I did not buy my second GTX 980 for 2 way sli for nothing.

The thing is those "more ambitious projects" will suffer the same fate. So end the end, there will only be ports from consoles.
Yes, of course, a lot of people would pirate it, just like the sales of TW2 show, or Crysis 1. As you can also see, the PC sales of TW3 are terrible!

Too many times have we witnessed right in our face obvious down grades for me to not be worried. Dark Souls 2, Watch Dogs and Aliens: Colonial Marines being just 3 examples. I really do hope these downgrade rumours are not true, but I just don't know.

I just hope I did not buy my second GTX 980 for 2 way sli for nothing.

Colonial Marines is kind of a special case, don't you think? I mean...there's kinda been nothing like the Colonial Marines debacle whatsoever.

You didn't pre-order TW3, did you?

The thing is those "more ambitious projects" will suffer the same fate. So end the end, there will only be ports from consoles.
Yes, of course, a lot of people would pirate it, just like the sales of TW2 show, or Crysis 1. As you can also see, the PC sales of TW3 are terrible!

They only count physical sales when counting sales, they don't count digital sales (Steam) in those numbers. And a lot of PC gamers are wary of pre-ordering nowadays, they buy day 1 or day 2.

---------- Updated at 08:34 AM ----------

Colonial Marines is kind of a special case, don't you think? I mean...there's kinda been nothing like the Colonial Marines debacle whatsoever.

You didn't pre-order TW3, did you?

I did pre-order The Witcher 3, I pre-ordered the collectors edition for the statue and amulet.

Well now we can all let it rest and enjoy the game for what it . A masterpiece. Who cares about graphics anyway? =D

It's not graphics. It's the evolution of graphics for shameful reasons. Oh, and I care about graphics. This isn't a thread about the rest of the game. Why would people ignore these things?

As far as I know a PC can be tuned in ways a console may not, and probably never will. You truly go next gen on consoles, there is always a custom built PC taking it further. Always. Of course, developing for three different platforms there will be differences, and priorities, in development.

I used to get riled up by these things, as I am and always will be a PC user. Nowadays I'm just glad I will get the game at all, because there are a lot of publishers out there wanting to skip sales to PC entirely.

So I don't know if there is truth to this at all, and I don't care either. Let mods sort it out. Besides I trust CDPR and the Enhanced editions of Witcher 1 and 2 speak in their favour.

Firstly we have no idea if this is true, could be and probably is bollocks, regardless, there has been a downgrade, that is as clear as day, since you can even see it quite clearly from just the 35 minute gameplay that was released not even a year ago.

I dont play CD Projekt RED games for graphics, i play it for the fantastic universe and writing and that is what i will continue to do, the game still looks fantastic, especially facial animations, they are bloody fantastic :yes

Although i know im in the minority regarding this but downgrading games is something i completely understand, the game needs to be able to run properly and the consoles just do not have the required hardware, and although we PC players hardware can handle it, its just not financially viable to dedicate all that work into a single version, it's a shame but that just the way it is :/

The thing that i dont like is the fact that CD Projekt RED has not only outright said that there wont be a downgrade they even claimed it would look better, this could just be the result of a employee saying things he should not have or just did not have any actual knowledge of.

That is a fair target for criticism, unfortunately these threads get hijacked by people with less than 20 post, so a level headed discussion regarding this will never happen.

Man... This is just extremely sad.
I'd rather wait 1-2 more years and have them release this game only for consoles first, get tons of money for it then work on a separate build for PC that looked like it should be looking after they have the money and won't go bankrupt or whatever, steam would cover those costs as well.
Or the opposite, like Witcher 2, PC first, then tone down everything from there and build the console versions, it is tons of work but not such a huge fuss as making everything from scratch, toning down is easier in comparison.

It's not graphics. It's the evolution of graphics for shameful reasons. Oh, and I care about graphics. This isn't a thread about the rest of the game. Why would people ignore these things?

I have to say that they should have honestly told people about it. However they were not in a position to do so because, you know, xbone contracts. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom