Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
What you saw was a vertical slice running on an unknown device. For all you know, if all game systems were implemented and the entire world was rendered with that visuals, it wouldn't have run even on a system with quad Titan X and the best CPU around.
Ofcourse that's a hyperbole, but you get my point.

Huh?

I'm just talking about the actual funs and expense, not expense in terms or performance.

Huh?

I'm just talking about the actual funs and expense, not expense in terms or performance.
The high quality assets for the rest of the game and optimizations required to get them all running will again take funds and expense. Unless your argument is that they actually did all that and are holding it back for console parity? In which case I don't know what to say to you.

The high quality assets for the rest of the game and optimizations required to get them all running will again take funds and expense. Unless your argument is that they actually did all that and are holding it back for console parity? In which case I don't know what to say to you.

Ah, I see your point.

I suppose that could be the reason.

I just hope that the PC version is still as good as it can be.

Gamesradar confirmed that Roche is in it....and I thought I was already at maximum hype. Has there been any word on Iorveth?

Some sexy scenes and a bit about the gore in the game:

Graphic comparison between PS4 and PC-Demo:

Gamestar conclusion about The Witcher 3:

He talks about the negative and the positive aspects of the game.

Negative aspects:
There are some technical problems (bugs and crashes as well as some framerate issues).
The balancing is not perfect. Some basic mobs are harder than some bosses that come right after.
There are too many quests for your level. This results in you being bound to be overleveld when you try to do a quest at a later stage. The quests themself are still great and are worth playing just for the story. But ofcourse then the items you get aren't as good as they were intended to be, since you are already too overleveld. And finally the NPC's talking in the background sometimes doesn't really fit.

Positive aspects:

C'mon, we all know this. No need to list them here ;)
It's a great game and he would call it the best game he played in the last years.

Last edited:
For those who wanna see about the Novigrad's wall downgrade, check out the second video above at 3:20

First, they are comparing PS4 with PC. So no way you can talk about a downgrade when you're comparing footage of two different systems.

Second, please not another downgrade discussion.

First, they are comparing PS4 with PC. So no way you can talk about a downgrade when you're comparing footage of two different systems.

Second, please not another downgrade discussion.

I'm not even mad, jeez. I know they are comparing PS4 version with PC version. I'm just pointing out to those who compared based on screenshots, now they can have another look based on the game in motion and judge it for themselves. Calm down dude

I'm not even mad, jeez. I know they are comparing PS4 version with PC version. I'm just pointing out to those who compared based on screenshots, now they can have another look based on the game in motion and judge it for themselves. Calm down dude

I'm really sorry if that sounded rude. But all the downgrade threads and talks in the last weeks were annoying and I'm so tired of them that everytime I see the word "downgrade" I can't hold myself. Again, apologies. :)

I'm really sorry if that sounded rude. But all the downgrade threads and talks in the last weeks were annoying and I'm so tired of them that everytime I see the word "downgrade" I can't hold myself. Again, apologies. :)

So am I. No worries, apologies accepted, we're cool :D

I guess this qualifies as news

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Or are we not allowed to talk about this for some stupid reason?

Sounds legit since following video also says the exact same thing. The only difference it, your link is from "insider" while the video is directly from CDPR. Watch at 2:46.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUEP7VJaRS8&feature=youtu.be&t=167
Anyways, I am looking forward to this game. Seems like one the best RPGs ever made.

Just to clarify I think that the game still looks unbelievably amazing and I know I will love it BUT this quote is interesting: "The PC's themselves had more than enough power to achieve this vision (2013 gameplay)... But working on the game across 3 platforms did not make it feasable to keep features included..."

It's quite obvious at this point. Consoles will never be as powerful as PCs. Just like how cross gen development holds back current gen Consoles. Multiplats hold back PC. Nothing against Consoles, just that's how things are.

Does anyone know if the purple/pink sunset on Skellige like we saw in the SOD trailer is still in? Haven't seen it since, was beautiful.

They are already selling the PS4 version in Paraguay. So, many guys from Brazil will be able to play the game earlier as well (a lot of Brazilians shop in Paraguay)

Last edited:
Top Bottom