[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
RPG - Hall of fame
  • Dark Souls 92%

Well, see, we don't really know what kind of shape the X1 version was, in terms of a complete game. We don't know what kind of shape it was in last month, after thousands of bugs and debugs. We don't know much and, frankly, we aren't entitled to know. When's the last time a movie director updated people with the current standing of his movie beyond "prodiction..post production" etc. How about a AAA director? These people play stuff close to their chest.

I do think it means mostly what it seems like it means - they found some bugs in the PC and XBO code and were fixing instead of sending to reviewers.

I don't understand? What's to confirm - that they don't have PC review code? Isn't that consistent with the current state of things?
The whole "the game isn't finished on PC yet" bit. I can't exactly say that site looks very trustworthy.

The whole "the game isn't finished on PC yet" bit. I can't exactly say that site looks very trustworthy.

GameWatcher is fairly trustworthy I'd say. Anyway, I spoke with the Editor in Chief and the situation is the same for everyone (including us) as described by PC Gamer - there are no PC codes whatsoever yet as it seems like they want to apply the Day One patch first.

Today, the review embargo for CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt lifted. There will be reviews out there in the untamed wilds of the Internet. You can read them! But none of those reviews will be of the PC version. While review copies of The Witcher 3 were sent out for the PlayStation 4 more than a week ago, PC code is still missing in action, despite being pre-loadable on Steam. Bandai Namco tells us that this is because a big day-one patch hasn't been finalised on PC in time for today's review embargo, but will be ready for worldwide release next Tuesday.

http://www.pcgamer.com/when-is-our-witcher-3-review-coming/

Have a look at my video^^
[video=youtube;rLfZIzZK-dA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfZIzZK-dA[/video]

That probably isn't the Iorveth/Roche choice that matters in the long term. (Though it is the more dramatic one).

Second Day: Amazing.

Well Its the second day of the reviews and its unFreaking beliveable that 90% of the reviews are 10/10 or 5/5, i never seen so much perfect scores from so Many gaming websites, and the reviews just keep coming with perfect scores.
Now i cant believe people still complaining about downgrades, those "downgrades" are really just optimizations in order for the game to run on 60 fps and on all platforms, People need to really stop complaining just look on all the critics who already played the game if all those people whos thier job is to review games and complain if there somthing wrong with a game, saying the game is a masterpiece and shooting out 10/10 then you have no reason to worry about you will enjoy an Epic game with or without "downgrade".

Well Its the second day of the reviews and its unFreaking beliveable that 90% of the reviews are 10/10 or 5/5, i never seen so much perfect scores from so Many gaming websites, and the reviews just keep coming with perfect scores.
Now i cant believe people still complaining about downgrades, those "downgrades" are really just optimizations in order for the game to run on 60 fps and on all platforms, People need to really stop complaining just look on all the critics who already played the game if all those people whos thier job is to review games and complain if there somthing wrong with a game, saying the game is a masterpiece and shooting out 10/10 then you have no reason to worry about you will enjoy an Epic game with or without "downgrade".

w2 had the same score ratio.. without "downgrade "

I believe what people might be comparing the review copies to are to the previous W3 footage we've stern which was on PC. The review copies are on the PS4 thus there is a graphic downgrade. Factor in video compression, especially on YouTube, the graphics won't look as amazing until we're looking at our own version.

RPG - Hall of fame

• Baldur's Gate 2 (engl.) 92%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 92%
  • Dark Souls 92%
  • Neverwinter Nights 90%
  • Dragon Age: Origins 90%
  • The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim 90%
  • Pillars of Eternity 90%

In my opinion Dark Souls deserves every bit to be there, since it revolutionised a whole RPG subgenre - hack n slash/dungeon crawler. Other than that, in that list i would replace dragon age with The Witcher 2, Skyrim with Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights with Planescape Torment, Pillars of Eternity with Diablo 2 and i would add Gothic 2 and Mass Effect 2(if it can be considered an RPG). Judging by the reviews i would also propably replace TW2 with TW3 :)

Right, this thread is for discussing the reviews of The Witcher 3, not whether Gothic, Dark Souls etc. deserve the score they were given by one reviewer or another, how they hold up on PC etc. :)

Top Bottom