Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
If you've purchased the physical PC version of the game, you can use your GOG.com code to access extra content, like the digital copy of the art-book. It is important to emphasise, though, that this is only true from PC physical retail.

Thank you!

And RawIs, too.

Yeah, I preordered the physical retail version for PC. So, I should be save. :)
Now it's time to wait...

Have a question on combat.

Some videos have Geralt straffing other videos have him only rolling. Some combined. Just wondering which it is, is Geralt able to straff in TW3? As seen more just rolling videos then not. Has it changed or is straffing a later skill?

Thanks heaps.

There are 2 types of "dodge" in W3, i am not quite sure how the contols work (could be pressing short would make him jump back, holding would make him roll). one is a short jump back/out of the way, the other one is the dodge-roll.

does anyone know which interview or quote talks about the crime system in this game? I could have sworn I read that sometimes, guards are called if you steal or cause trouble?

Nah, i don't remember. In the reviews though, i saw how it works:
If you draw your sword in front of guards, a message appears telling you that you made the guards angry and that they will attack you if you dont sheathe your weapon. Also i think i heard somewhere when the guards then attack you, you will be knocked out and loose some of your money (instead of being able to just slaugther all the guards and walk away)
You can wander into houses and loot everything, while there may be some shops where guards could be offended if you try to do that, but it works almost everywhere. Peasants and civilians don't care at all.

Are there traps in the game?

Is there any forest in the game that resembles Flotsam with large, epic, trees and massive lush plants that give the game a true fantasy feel.

The majority are forests more like those you see in the countryside, smaller trees, some low undergrowth. There is some variety, but not as far as I've seen so far very "Flotsam".

There is at least one very large quest related tree though.

I was wondering if they said anything about it being possible to change the way you carry your swords? Like one on your back and one on your hip? or some other styles?

I was wondering if they said anything about it being possible to change the way you carry your swords? Like one on your back and one on your hip? or some other styles?

It's never been mentioned, and I don't think there's anything in the videos we've seen to suggest it. I'd consider it unlikely.

If you look at the very middle grouping of 3. The Geralt on the left has a sword on his hip. So maybe? These pictures are pretty old.

The swords worn on his back are the signature style of Geralt of Rivia, as established by the books, so I wouldn't imagine he'll be carrying his blades any other way. The above concept art is rather old.

---------- Updated at 10:30 AM ----------

does anyone know which interview or quote talks about the crime system in this game? I could have sworn I read that sometimes, guards are called if you steal or cause trouble?

Damien Monnier's responses from the Spotlight ( http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35297-Developer-Spotlight-2-Damien-Monnier):

GHOSTMD asked:
Will ALL NPC react to stealing in the future? Like the guards do right now?

It depends if they care or not. Some will, some won't - it depends on who they are, where, if they are shop keepers, etc.

We've also had word that using magic in towns will cause the guards to react.

Last edited:
Will CDPR & their servers be ready for the flood of people on launch day that will come and try to download the day 1 patch?

I really hope so! I want to jump in and play it the second it unlocks on Steam.

// Yeah well I didn't wanna create a new thread for such a question. Truth be told at first it wasn't a question..but more of a concern.

Last edited:
Please, I cannot answer that question. I can only remark that they've been working on the infrastructure of the site recently. But, let's try to limit such posts, if we could, please.

Last edited:
Has there been any word there being a Photo Mode on the PS4, even maybe after launch?

I haven't seen anything about it for a while. I found this after a quick search, though:

And it looks like people have mentioned this desire for it several times, so, the developers have seen that, at least.

Since the HUD can be customised, and interface features can be hidden, I suppose you could take shots that way. . . .

Last edited:
Not at the moment (at least). You should be getting *most* of the important goodies from Steam. (31? track OST, Art book, Map).

At least as far as I am aware. I bought on GoG, because I've never used Steam, and prefer to support CDPR and the Reds.

As far as I know, if you pre-purchase on Steam, you only receive the extras offered by Steam. I've seen nothing about a GOG.com access for Steam purchasers. PC Retail will contain a GOG.com code for access to a digital backup of the game, DLCs, and extras. Information about the Steam content may be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030

Hm, thanks guys, guess i'll stick to what come with steam. Hope the folks of CDPR will let everyone who bought the game, no matter where, get all the extras, maybe if only later. I don't think that restrict content from who bought the game is a modus operandi at CDP.

I'd like to buy the game on gog, but it doesn't have my currency like steam.

If I use my save from Witcher 2, does anyone know if some gear carries over? When I used my Witcher 1 completed save with witcher 2, I got to keep some swords and armour for example.

Top Bottom