Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess the worst beer could be Kölsch, right?

And what do you say if I tell you that I don't like beer?

---------- Updated at 05:49 PM ----------

it's one of those days where moderation is hell...

Care to elaborate?

All this talk of beer made me thirsty.. I prefer beer and wine, never tryed anything else and not really planning to hehe. And these 2 in small amounts only, never been drunk yet, and don't want to be :D We have this drink here that's kind of a brandy, hungarians drink it on some celebrations, and have been offering me but gosh.. they smell so strong that I just say no thx.

Kölsch is positively refreshing compared to American "lite" horse piss. Ballast Point in San Diego makes a damn good imitation Kölsch.

Give me Gordon Biersch's bock beer (brewmaster Dan Gordon learned his trade at Weihenstephan), a Valpolicella, or a single malt and I'm a happy camper.

(Hint to American Costco shoppers: "Kirkland" beer is brewed by Gordon Biersch in the West, and F. X. Matt in the East. Both are first-rate brewers of German-style beers. And Kirkland beer is one of the best bargains at Costco.)

The Lasagna Queen likes Guinness and inky red wines like Zinfandel and Shiraz.

Last edited:
Didn't know that some people really enjoy Kölsch, who don't live in Cologne itself.
The beer is often namend "the worst beer" in all other places in germany. That's not a joke.
I even hear Kölsch often referred as like "Spülwasser", wich is translated "dishwater". :smiling:

You don't even know the meaning of "dishwater" until you are stuck drinking that trademark-poaching abomination "Budweiser".

Anyway, F. X. Matt (Utica Club, Saranac) used to have some of the best beer commercials ever, with Jonathan Winters voicing the now-politically-incorrect Schultz and Dooley:

Christ a friend of mine who works at gamestop got his copy of witcher 3 early and has been pestering me constantly while playing, asking questions about the lore

:mean: :mean:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom