RPG - Hall of fame

• Baldur's Gate 2 (engl.) 92%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 92%
  • Dark Souls 92%
  • Neverwinter Nights 90%
  • Dragon Age: Origins 90%
  • The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim 90%
  • Pillars of Eternity 90%

In my opinion Dark Souls deserves every bit to be there, since it revolutionised a whole RPG subgenre - hack n slash/dungeon crawler. Other than that, in that list i would replace dragon age with The Witcher 2, Skyrim with Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights with Planescape Torment, Pillars of Eternity with Diablo 2 and i would add Gothic 2 and Mass Effect 2(if it can be considered an RPG). Judging by the reviews i would also propably replace TW2 with TW3 :)

Planescape: Torment? Ultima series? Wizardry? Are you just quoting the uber popular stuff?

Can someone explain to me why people are so butthurt over some supposedly missing particles?

Because...

OK, if you don't get back to discussing reviews, we're going to move all of the posts and hide them somewhere you won't find them.

True, we have dragged it a bit.

Getting back to reviews, it is hopeful that most of the reviews I've read don't make this appear as huge problem. Especially the ones who gave big scores.

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you. Pfft, all gone.
(Don't worry, they didn't go far. But I'm going to be nasty and not give you the link. Because.)

lel....guess they haven't gotten the memo of what "no level scaling" means :huh:

A more charitable way to look at it is that the reviewer is warning potential players of this issue. These potential players may not have thought through the implication of no level scaling and might appreciate a warning as to the implications of it. Or perhaps the reviewer is just an idiot.

A lot of reviews comparing witcher 3 with skyrim whenever and wherever possible

not sure why....

:huh:

A lot of reviews comparing witcher 3 with skyrim whenever and wherever possible

not sure why....

:huh:

They shouldn't..Skyrim is a sandbox open world..Witcher 3 is a theme park open world. There's a MASSIVE difference between the two..one breaks the lore ..one doesn't.

IGN, Is that a (GAMER)site who gave a superb Alien Isolation game score 5/10 or something cause Alien is hard (impossible to kill it)?

Oh I didnt know that, if thats the way it was then it doesnt surprise me, IGN is well known for crappy reviews even amongst the crappy norm of game journalism in general. However I dont think Alien I was superb or anything close to that, I found it a more or less mediocre game, and Alien is my favourite movie of all times, i wanted to love that game that I've waited long for so much, but it wasnt that good.

I'm no fanboy of Witcher-only a fan, but IGN is truly trying hard to minimize effort of CDPR, judging by -for starters short videos of combat (IGN FIRST)

I feel like this is true for most reviews I've read though, except from VanOrd and a few others who actually treat the witcher like its a franchise of its own, most reviewers seem to be Bethesda/Bioware/Rockstar fanboys that already go into TW3 with a mindset of "ohh its this european low budget new studio AAA open world wannabe RPG, let's see if it learns from the kings of the genre or not..."

Too bad they're too enamored with their already fave franchises to discover that TW games beat the shit out of them in many aspects and could teach more than one lesson.

It's a matter of time though, CDPR is a nonstop train of hype, talent and hard work, their first open world game seems to be able to compete with the best open worlds ever made, and the rest of their games is pretty amazing in general too, and they just made 3 games, and the first 2 in far from ideal development conditions.

Last edited:
They shouldn't..Skyrim is a sandbox open world..Witcher 3 is a theme park open world. There's a MASSIVE difference between the two..one breaks the lore ..one doesn't.

especially the gamespot reveiw i think,
comparing it with skyrim ( if i remember he mentiond that it wasnot 'open world' because he wasnt abe to dissapear for months ,getting married or joining a guild.Plus due to a few loading screens he didnot consider it as a 'true open world game' as opposed to skyrim which ironically has loading screens eachtime you enter buildings
and houses as opposed to loading screens inbetween massive continents in witcher)

People really do need to understand that skyrim is sandbox( make your own story) as you said , opposed to witcher with a strong story line following the adventures of Geralt of Rivia -The Witcher intsead of a random mister fulffy bunny - The dragon born

EDIT- its games radar
http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/opm/

Last edited:
Top Bottom