The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Performance on Consoles

+
Well no, it's more like a hand in hand thing, when you say 'polishing' it means you're trying to iron out bugs, make things smoother in general not rough looking, see if some small feature you added at the last minute is not up to snuff so try to fix it and/or remove it.

They're in the phase right now where they're polishing the game AND optimizing it, the game is complete as in the main content is complete not the product itself.

The way I see it, based on previous interviews and speculations regarding the resolution on consoles the final res they are most probably going to achieve is 900p on both. Reds predicted that reaching 1080p "might" not be possible.

IMO the resolution on consoles is not something to worry or even think about, it's the frame rate stability which is the challenge here. I'd be VERY impressed if they manage to lock the game to run at 30 FPS without any drops.

I'd also be very impressed if some firm made an open-world game and somehow made it so predictable that you can have anything on screen and it'll still be 30fps no matter what :p

They can't play with the Day 1 patch because it's not released yet...
That is what i was wondering, but this is at the bottom of the review on gamespot

Kevin VanOrd has played all three Witcher games and read several of the novels. He spent about 100 hours with The Witcher 3 on a PlayStation 4 debug system, a version that included the games' day-one patch. He uses the word "ploughing" in everyday speech.

I'm being overly critical here, but it didn't say "fixed", it says "better". What I would like to know is if gamespot was using the ps4 with the day 1 patch, then will our day 1 patch be a updated version ?

Gamespot was using the day 1 patch.

Hello,
some reviews mentioned quite long loading times after death or when using fast travel. Can anybody from the devs comment on this, please? Will this be also optimized in upcoming patch?

Gamespot patch was minor patch like Day 0 patch. Upcoming patch with new optimization isnt just released. It will come at 19 May.

Top Bottom