GRYOnline.pl interview with CDPR studio lead Adam Badowski - translation

+
Assets are the same from PC low to PC ultra too... but there are more than just resolution differences.

Talking generally, as well as the specific case of the Witcher.

So will ubersampling be a feature one can toggle on and off? Based on what I read on the first page it sounded like the devs are not allowing us to use ubersampling straight away, like they are withholding it from us. Am I understanding things correctly here?

Assets are the same from PC low to PC ultra too... but there are more than just resolution differences.

Talking generally, as well as the specific case of the Witcher.

Please dont tell me nvidia hairworks and ubersampling. That don't mean anything to many pc players we are not all rich elitist.

---------- Updated at 07:22 PM ----------

Gtx 770 can destroy ps4 in Gta V with noticeable difference in graphic fidelity and better performance. Looks like us pc players will be treated like second class citizen. I expressed honest trust in Cd projekt red in today's posts i wanted to believe everything will be fine, but i am now shaken to the core with this interview :(

Last edited:
PC Low and PC Ultra share identical assets.

They run on the same or different hardware at varying framerates... however the differences between PC low and PC ultra go beyond merely resolution and frame-rate. Generally. Across the PC industry. Also specifically for the Witcher as can be seen from the XML configuration files in our installs.

Merely having "the same assets" does not come close to meaning "is the same". Once I have the game running I will try both PC Low and PC ultra, before settling on a set of high/ultra that will work tolerably well with my machine. I will be happy, because I would be happy to play what I have seen of the PS4 and XB1 footage. I also think it will be noticeably nicer than those.

I will find the 2000 doors of Novigrad and I will entertain myself for a few minutes going in and out of a variety, a small sampling, of these while not experiencing any loading screens.... and I will giggle, and then go back to finding things to chop up, people to talk to and other fun things.

i am now shaken to the core with this interview

You do realize that this interview was done back in January right? That means it was done before a full four months of optimization. Since then (I cannot remember the article and will link it if I can dig it up) the devs have come out and stated that they will stick with these requirements despite the optimization making it so that they could likely lower them. I would say that they shot high with the requirements but that anyone sitting around with a GTX 770 will probably do MUCH better than 30fps on mid-high. This has been a theme I have noticed quite a bit actually, several of the last games I bought had a requirement of a GTX 480 for high and 30fps but with a GTX 570 I was playing on Ultra getting 40fps.

It's called PR, guys...

How many times has someone said they look almost identical and then differences are noticible when the game comes out? It's ALWAYS the same case, no need to suddenly panic over something that's been the case for the last 8 years.

We haven’t covered the technical aspects of The Witcher 3 too much. I will quote your statement for Game Industry from March 2013: “PC allows for more at the moment but next-gens are catching up; it will be easier to unify the requirements in the future”. Do you think that the future has already come?

I think so, yes. You cannot develop a game for three platforms that will use all the amazing technical novelties and improvements that are unique for each device. This is a technical fact. Making an exclusive title allows to squeeze out much more from given machine.

yeah a console gpu has more power every year

You do realize that this interview was done back in January right? That means it was done before a full four months of optimization. Since then (I cannot remember the article and will link it if I can dig it up) the devs have come out and stated that they will stick with these requirements despite the optimization making it so that they could likely lower them. I would say that they shot high with the requirements but that anyone sitting around with a GTX 770 will probably do MUCH better than 30fps on mid-high. This has been a theme I have noticed quite a bit actually, several of the last games I bought had a requirement of a GTX 480 for high and 30fps but with a GTX 570 I was playing on Ultra getting 40fps.

Then what Sony can do low-mid and 30 fps, because Sony gpu is amd 7870 comparable with gtx 660, and it has amd jaguar cpu that can be utterly destroyed by i7.

Hey, I'm sorry if my statement came off as trying to antagonize but what I'm really trying to say is that we will really need to wait for the benchmarks on this game. There is not that long to go before we get those and that is when we can make accurate statements about the optimization of the game. I know that when a dev builds a game on a console they have an easier time due to the set hardware and that the varied hardware of PC's can be a challenge. This last year has seen a TON of games come out that have been complete junk on the side of PC optimization, but just like with those titles I will not only wait to see the benchmarks and how it runs on my system, but I will also see how the dev responds to any problems. If there is anything that has been a constant in CDPR's track record it is that they support their products. If the game does not run well and no patch arrives to fix problems then I will be right here with you lighting my torch alright?

Top Bottom