How long until CD Projekt Red sells out?

+
Well,lynda.com was sold to LinkedIn after 20 yrs so anything can happen.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

It depends on what you mean by "selling out"...

If you mean they are going to sully their vision with blatant money grabbing, i don't think that will happen any time soon. CDPR is very healthy so there's no need to "sell out".

If you mean that the company will eventually divert from their original M.O. then i would say that this is almost inevitable.

As a business owner myself i can tell you that no businesses lasts forever, they evolve along with the people who are running them. Now most businesses come into existence because a person or several persons have a thing that they want which does not exist, because they want to create something in the way they envision and nothing else short of what they imagined will do.

Businesses and especially "brands" have a limited half-life. In essence their half-life is limited to it's original founders vision and ambition (and sometimes lifespan). It's perfectly possible for a business founder to satisfy their creative needs and ambitions, and when that happens, the tendency for said founders is to step back and pass the torch to others who will then go on to try and maintain and possibly expand the business. This shift also means a shift in direction and vision... for better or worse.

Take a company that has been around for a long time and which almost everyone knows as an example.. Rolls Royce. They made some truly awesome cars and engines back in their heyday, but the original visionaries of said company eventually moved on to other projects, having satisfied previous goals, they strive to realize new ones, and a new direction to go along with it. We still have Rolls Royce cars to date, but nothing (save the brand) of the original visionaries remains. In actual fact if you want the most original RR you can get you're better off buying a Bentley, but even that isn't exactly a RR now is it?

They "sold out", mostly because they had no choice in the matter in this specific example, but it's more accurate to say that they simply evolved beyond their vision and ambition. They achieved what they set out to do, and then left the company, and the brand for others to continue, in their own way.

The same thing is true for gaming studios. Nothing lasts forever, and once CDPR has satisfied their creative needs, they will undoubtedly move on to other projects, perhaps even under a different brand. The name CDPR may continue to exist, but it may not be at all like the company you know now.

Anyone remember Bullfrog? You should, they made some truly awesome games. Bullfrog still exists, hidden somewhere deep inside EA's massive pockets, but you wouldn't know it by the look of it, and the people that made up Bullfrog at the time simply moved on to do their own thing.

They are selling, we are buying.. end of story ;) lol..
As for selling out, are you going to sell out? Nope, I don't think they will either.. whatever selling out even means to anyone, anymore lol..
What a silly little thread this is... :)

Hey! Secret information: CDPR are planning to buy Bioware. But keep quiet about it!!!11

It depends on what you mean by "selling out"...

If you mean they are going to sully their vision with blatant money grabbing, i don't think that will happen any time soon. CDPR is very healthy so there's no need to "sell out".

If you mean that the company will eventually divert from their original M.O. then i would say that this is almost inevitable.

As a business owner myself i can tell you that no businesses lasts forever, they evolve along with the people who are running them. Now most businesses come into existence because a person or several persons have a thing that they want which does not exist, because they want to create something in the way they envision and nothing else short of what they imagined will do.

Businesses and especially "brands" have a limited half-life. In essence their half-life is limited to it's original founders vision and ambition (and sometimes lifespan). It's perfectly possible for a business founder to satisfy their creative needs and ambitions, and when that happens, the tendency for said founders is to step back and pass the torch to others who will then go on to try and maintain and possibly expand the business. This shift also means a shift in direction and vision... for better or worse.

Take a company that has been around for a long time and which almost everyone knows as an example.. Rolls Royce. They made some truly awesome cars and engines back in their heyday, but the original visionaries of said company eventually moved on to other projects, having satisfied previous goals, they strive to realize new ones, and a new direction to go along with it. We still have Rolls Royce cars to date, but nothing (save the brand) of the original visionaries remains. In actual fact if you want the most original RR you can get you're better off buying a Bentley, but even that isn't exactly a RR now is it?

They "sold out", mostly because they had no choice in the matter in this specific example, but it's more accurate to say that they simply evolved beyond their vision and ambition. They achieved what they set out to do, and then left the company, and the brand for others to continue, in their own way.

The same thing is true for gaming studios. Nothing lasts forever, and once CDPR has satisfied their creative needs, they will undoubtedly move on to other projects, perhaps even under a different brand. The name CDPR may continue to exist, but it may not be at all like the company you know now.

Anyone remember Bullfrog? You should, they made some truly awesome games. Bullfrog still exists, hidden somewhere deep inside EA's massive pockets, but you wouldn't know it by the look of it, and the people that made up Bullfrog at the time simply moved on to do their own thing.

Lets hope they don't turn into a Valve. What I mean by that is when H2 was released its was released with Steam. Don't get me wrong I like Steam but if CD follows the same road as Valve with their Galaxy well end up with a game seller and not a game maker. I know they have released games in the past but nothing on the level as H2.

Top Bottom