Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
A list of customizeable features for the HUD is here. The HUD Size has 3 sizes. Everything else can be turned on/off.
  • HUD Size
  • Action Log
  • Minimap
  • Rotate Minimap
  • Witcher Senses on Minimap
  • Path to objectives on Minimap
  • Undiscovered POIs on Minimap
  • NPC Chatter
  • Active Quests
  • Display Witcher Medallion & Stat Bars
  • Display Current Buffs
  • Breath Remaining Bar
  • Info Messages
  • Control Hints
  • Damaged Items
  • Additional Equipment
  • Location/Date Display in Cutscenes
  • Boss Health Bar
  • Enemy Health Bar
  • Boat Durability
  • Companion Portrait
  • Horse Fear Bar
  • Horse Stamina Bar

I know I'll be turning off the mini-map hints. I'm not sure about anything else. What are other people going to do? Anyone going for a maximum immersion play-through?
Source.

Last edited:
I know I'll be turning off the mini-map hints. I'm not sure about anything else. What are other people going to do? Anyone going for a maximum immersion play-through?

I guess I'll play first with everything on for an hour or so. Then I'll start turning them off based on how things have felt up to that point.

This is what I am thinking:

• HUD Size - Medium or Small
  • Action Log - OFF
  • Minimap - OFF
  • Rotate Minimap - OFF
  • Witcher Senses on Minimap - OFF
  • Path to objectives on Minimap - OFF
  • Undiscovered POIs on Minimap - OFF
  • NPC Chatter - ON
  • Active Quests - OFF at first, might have to turn on
  • Display Witcher Medallion & Stat Bars - ON
  • Display Current Buffs - Probably ON
  • Breath Remaining Bar - ON
  • Info Messages - Not sure
  • Control Hints - OFF
  • Damaged Items - OFF
  • Additional Equipment - OFF
  • Location/Date Display in Cutscenes - ON
  • Boss Health Bar - ON
  • Enemy Health Bar - OFF at first - maybe change
  • Boat Durability - ON
  • Companion Portrait - OFF
  • Horse Fear Bar - ON
  • Horse Stamina Bar - OFF

A list of customizeable features for the HUD is here. The HUD Size has 3 sizes. Everything else can be turned on/off.
  • HUD Size
  • Action Log
  • Minimap
  • Rotate Minimap
  • Witcher Senses on Minimap
  • Path to objectives on Minimap
  • Undiscovered POIs on Minimap
  • NPC Chatter
  • Active Quests
  • Display Witcher Medallion & Stat Bars
  • Display Current Buffs
  • Breath Remaining Bar
  • Info Messages
  • Control Hints
  • Damaged Items
  • Additional Equipment
  • Location/Date Display in Cutscenes
  • Boss Health Bar
  • Enemy Health Bar
  • Boat Durability
  • Companion Portrait
  • Horse Fear Bar
  • Horse Stamina Bar

Source.
Patch button icon prompts off please lol.. everyghing else is great!

---------- Updated at 02:32 AM ----------

What do you mean? Some of the quests are based on real-life events?
Real life stories.. so to speak my friend, ask... @theta77, he knows what I'm talking about ;)

Last edited:

@Rawls Turning off the mini-map is an interesting choice :D

What do you mean? Some of the quests are based on real-life events?
Not sure of real world global events, I would imagine so though because some of the stories are personal and some could be historical. That's my guess..of course lol... You know that every fairytale has some truth in them? It's like that. ;)
We have to play the game to find out, I'm sure it's a mix of everything, from politricks, to fanatical false religion extremists.
I bet some things will be exploited in the midst of spiritual warfare and deception. Peoples lives are at stake, but it's just a fucking video game, right? So No Worries.. LOL.
:comeatmebro:

Last edited:
Who the Fuck is insider1, who sent me a PM about TW3 downgrade bullshit? Anyone else get this shit too?

---------- Updated at 01:56 PM ----------

So what, I don't care.. yeah the game has changed a lot over these past few years.. and so what if it doesn't look the same!

indeed, imo this game looks still fucking beautiful

Yeah, so I agree that one should not expect per se that a game looks like the trailers and I agree with him in general. However, if official statements are repeatedly saying: "You will be able to replicate scene x in trailer y exactly like that in the game" (and we've received statements like that even in 2015), that is something entirely different.

Whatever, I guess we can all agree that the game still looks great. But we do have a somewhat official statement now saying: "Yeah, it won't look as good as some trailer shots."

Well, I'm going to enjoy the game anyway, but at least to me it sours my impression of CD RED how this was handled all in all.

Last edited:
Finally, Jose lays down the truth. A game cannot be downgraded from a trailer that was made to look perfect. No matter how amazing CDPR is, PR gonna PR. I can't see how people can compare bullshot trailers to gameplays and say the downgrade is worse than Watch Dogs. WD actually had a public gameplay demo at E3 which was promoting next gen. The public demos of W3 are of consistent quality (On the same platforms) so far.

Finally, Jose lays down the truth. A game cannot be downgraded from a trailer that was made to look perfect. No matter how amazing CDPR is, PR gonna PR. I can't see how people can compare bullshot trailers to gameplays and say the downgrade is worse than Watch Dogs. WD actually had a public gameplay demo at E3 which was promoting next gen. The public demos of W3 are of consistent quality (On the same platforms) so far.

If you don't want to be compared to "polished trailer footage" (which is entirely fine to me, I don't expect games to look like their trailers) you probably should avoid official statements saying: "The game will look just like the trailer!"

Just be honest (like Jose is now) and explain if/what changed and why compared to early footage. But you can not expect people to differentiate between trailers and gameplay if your own PR doesn't.

So your point is that CDP shouldn't be called out for blatantly lying to fines because... they were lying?! Not only did they show footage at E3 and in trailers that was just not replicable, they kept on saying that it actually could be played at that fidelity.

I don't understand why they can't make an honest statement that they couldn't hit the level of fidelity they were aiming for because of resources and because no one has three Titan X's running on their PC. No one will blame them and it will not affect people from buying the game. They will also be the first developer to have done so, gaining points for honesty and making everyone else look like fools.

The only really bad thing is that they have said that the game could be played in the graphical fidelity like the older trailers. This can't be corrected and I will certainly not believe them again when they make such claims on Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom