Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
If I use my save from Witcher 2, does anyone know if some gear carries over? When I used my Witcher 1 completed save with witcher 2, I got to keep some swords and armour for example.

That question is still pending further investigation, at present, but, in the most recent Q & A with Miles Tost on Twitch, the answer, unfortunately, appears to be 'no'. I submitted the question that was partially answered there, and the response indicated that story-decisions seem to be the primary carry-over.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked.

Is there any confirmation on the size of the Day One Patch? Just minding me bandwidth.

Sorry if this has been asked.

Is there any confirmation on the size of the Day One Patch? Just minding me bandwidth.
I haven't seen anything about it, yet, and I have to keep an eye out for information about large download sizes, since my internet speed is pathetically slow.
(I do know that Marcin assured us that the file we need to download to activate the PC retail version will be small, though, but, that's another matter.)

Last edited:
It has been said that the day-1 patch will already be in the game when it unlocks on the 19th, but that people who have preloaded the game already will have to download it after their preload completes once all the files are released.

If people delete their preload, and re-download their preload the evening before the game releases, will the full game, including the day-1 patch be already present in their preload?

I haven't seen anything about it for a while. I found this after a quick search, though:

And it looks like people have mentioned this desire for it several times, so, the developers have seen that, at least.

Since the HUD can be customised, and interface features can be hidden, I suppose you could take shots that way. . . .

Interesting. Thanks for the find.

Anyone know if Amazon uk give a GOG code for 3 with a 960 purchase? I got a cheaper deal, and now i know why hehe :blushing: Ring amazon customer service?

Thanks heaps Rivenll.

Just thought of another.

Will the expansions be available in physical form?

You're welcome.

I asked
@Michal Janczewski about that in a private message, and he had this reply:
Unfortunately at this point we only plan to release the Expansion Pass in digital form.

---------- Updated at 06:24 PM ----------

Anyone know if Amazon uk give a GOG code for 3 with a 960 purchase? I got a cheaper deal, and now i know why hehe :blushing: Ring amazon customer service?

GTX 960 is a qualifying card, only if purchased new, and within the Nividia promotional time-frame. You could try Amazon's customer service; however, Nvidia's UK page doesn't list them as a participating retailer, for some reason. If you've purchased the card used, or even bought it new, before the announcement of the promotion, there is, unfortunately, no way of acquiring a code retroactively. ( http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-wild-hunt/bundle )

Last edited:
(GTX 960 is a qualifying card, only if purchased new, and within the Nividia promotional time-frame. You could try Amazon's customer service; however, Nvidia's UK page doesn't list them as a participating retailer, for some reason. If you've purchased the card used, or new before the announcement of the promotion, there is, unfortunately, no way of acquiring a code retroactively. ( http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-wild-hunt/bundle )

Do you know when the timeframe is ending/ended? Cant seem to find any details of it on the nvidia site. I purchased it new yesterday i probably should have checked what retailers beforehand, didn't think i would have that problem with Amazon though. I will try ring them in the morning hopefully they might just not be advertising it. :)dizzy:)

Do you know when the timeframe is ending/ended? Cant seem to find any details of it on the nvidia site. I purchased it new yesterday i probably should have checked what retailers beforehand, didn't think i would have that problem with Amazon though. I will try ring them in the morning hopefully they might just not be advertising it. :)dizzy:)

March 10th was the start date, and May 31st will be the end of the promotional period, at which time, the promotional codes will expire, according to the terms, so be sure to apply these codes before the end of this month. You may view full terms, here: http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-wild-hunt/bundle/terms

Last edited:
It's never been mentioned, and I don't think there's anything in the videos we've seen to suggest it. I'd consider it unlikely.

Regarding my question about being able to carry swords differently, I found this in one of the gameplay trailers that was released, the one where they talk about Character Customizaton, Outfits & Side Quests. It might just be for the trailer though, not sure.
View attachment 14052

Attachments

• Geralt1.jpg
    Geralt1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Some questions to those who watched the streams:

- Merchants: I know there are merchants that only buy some goods - alchemy ingredients for example. I have seen that merchants do only have a certain amount of money (similar to skyrim). Does someone know whether or not this money will replenish after some time?

- How does storage work? I think you can carry a lot of stuff but do you actually store things in the saddlebags or do those bags simply increase your inventory space? Can you increase somehow your carrying capacity (or does it increase as you level up?)

- Diagrams: do diagrams actually take inventory space / have weight? Or do you "learn" them and consume the actual item in the process? If not, do you have a certain diagram on you when you want to craft that piece of gear? Or is it more like a recipe-book entry?

@Jinal , It has been my stated intention to keep this thread open for common technical, and general questions surrounding the game, rather than discussion of specific in-game features. Since all of your questions are very specific, and, since I haven't watched the streams, myself (because I'm holding off, until the release), I can't answer any of these. I'm not sure if you'll receive the responses you seek, here, and would recommend transferring them to the main Forum, as I feel they'd have a better chance of answer there. Very sorry.

I'm new to The Witcher and Wild Hunt will be my first stab at the series, I've never been more excited about a game in my life! I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this accurately but my question is about being able to "upload" your choices from the previous game. I know that you can and if you're playing on a console that doesn't let you just import a save, like I am, on a PS4, then you get to selected what choices you made in the previous games and that will affect the starting world state. Now, I've never played the other games, so my question is: should I select the choices I would've made had I actually played the other games or just go with the standard world state CDPR created? Advice would be appreciated, I've been pondering this for a while!

I'm returning to this question because play station access released a video explaining all the Witcher 2 choices you get to make in the prologue and the basic situation each choice involves. WARNING - SPOILERS FOR PROLOGUE SCENE IN WITCHER 3 AND THE MAJOR CHOICES IN THE WITCHER 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=425&v=X_INEnvuPnk

Last edited:
March 10th was the start date, and May 31st will be the end of the promotional period, at which time, the promotional codes will expire, according to the terms, so be sure to apply these codes before the end of this month. You may view full terms, here: http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/the-witcher-wild-hunt/bundle/terms

So i contacted Amazon this morning and (3 hours!) later they sent me this email. Anyone ordering 960/70/80 from amazon uk and worried you wont receive a code, just email them and ask. Kinda nice of them didn't have to do anything, think it will be a steam code too.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused regrading your item "MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card".

I can understand your concern that the promotion for a free copy of the Witcher 3 is available in USA from Amazon.

Please be informed that this promotion of free copy of the Witcher 3 for the item "MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card" is not currently available with us.

In this case, I kindly request you to place the new order for the item "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" and write back to us with the new order number by replying to this email, so that we will be happy to make the order cost as 0.

You can place a new order for the "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" by using this below link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DU0I

Rest assured that you will receive this item at free of charge.

So i contacted Amazon this morning and (3 hours!) later they sent me this email. Anyone ordering 960/70/80 from amazon uk and worried you wont receive a code, just email them and ask. Kinda nice of them didn't have to do anything, think it will be a steam code too.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused regrading your item "MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card".

I can understand your concern that the promotion for a free copy of the Witcher 3 is available in USA from Amazon.

Please be informed that this promotion of free copy of the Witcher 3 for the item "MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card" is not currently available with us.

In this case, I kindly request you to place the new order for the item "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" and write back to us with the new order number by replying to this email, so that we will be happy to make the order cost as 0.

You can place a new order for the "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" by using this below link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BT9DU0I

Rest assured that you will receive this item at free of charge.

I don't see anything suggesting it would be Steam. Could be wrong, but most resellers are doing GoG codes.

Actually scrolling down, it clearly indicates:
Go to https://www.gog.com/redeem and follow the instruction below:
Got a code to use on GOG.com? Enter it below and you will see what it is and what is included. Don’t worry, clicking continue will not render the code as used yet - you will just see all the details before making final decision to redeem it.

Last edited:
Just to let people know, I have a busy weekend coming up, so I will not be available to answer questions starting late tomorrow. I will look in again on Monday, and that will be my last appearance for a while, as I will then dedicate myself to the game. Sometime after release, I will return,to redesign, and completely update my main list, to reflect common questions that may exists then. By that time, I will have my own knowledge of the game to draw upon.

Last edited:
so dear moderators and devs ... there is something REALLY bothering me .. really hard. i notice that steam says that w3 will unlock 18 hours after gog version. that means gog version is getting an edge. i think if that's true than this would be really unfair and wrong against us the fans .. specially who like everyone else bought it on steam. i did buy it in steam with the expansion .. no question ask there i trust and support cd projekt red happily BUT ! really ? 18 hours ? or are you unlocking it before steam says its ready manual ? if not i know already allot of people that will be really disappointed about that decision. for me what the hell i just to make shure i can play as early as i can bought it twice ( first on steam with expansion pass , and then on gog) so have funn with my money, but i would still be disapointed .. i would realy like to get an offical reply and look forward to it.

so dear moderators and devs ... there is something REALLY bothering me .. really hard. i notice that steam says that w3 will unlock 18 hours after gog version. that means gog version is getting an edge. i think if that's true than this would be really unfair and wrong against us the fans .. specially who like everyone else bought it on steam. i did buy it in steam with the expansion .. no question ask there i trust and support cd projekt red happily BUT ! really ? 18 hours ? or are you unlocking it before steam says its ready manual ? if not i know already allot of people that will be really disappointed about that decision. for me what the hell i just to make shure i can play as early as i can bought it twice ( first on steam with expansion pass , and then on gog) so have funn with my money, but i would still be disapointed .. i would realy like to get an offical reply and look forward to it.

As this is the Unofficial Frequently Asked Questions Thread, I am sorry to inform you that there is no guarantee you will receive an official reply to your grievance. Your complaint is related to business decisions made well beyond this Forum . Our moderators, and other volunteers, are not in a position to address release-schedules, agreed upon by Steam, GOG.com, and CD Projekt RED.

I will remark that GOG.com is a division of CD Projekt RED, and thus it seems logical that their own distributor should have an 'edge' in the releasing of their own title. In the ultimate scope of time, 18 hours is not much of an advantage. I would also remind you that some people are obliged to wait much longer, for a variety of reasons, to play the game, compared to which 18 hours is a luxury. I will refer your comment to the the Team, but can offer no assurance that they will reply. That is the limit of my assistance.

@Rafal_Jaki @Marcin Momot @TheEvilChris would any of you care to comment on this, or does it warrant any? Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom