In-depth SPOILER FREE review of TW3 by a gamer.

+
Could you post picture / video of all the different skill upgrades? Or would you break any forum rules if you did that?
I dont think I can. This post was once hidden by the moderator.... The review itself was a risk. U might want to check the videos on youtube.

About how long have you played?

Roughly how far into the story are you hours wise?

Depending on your answers above. Do you think both character relationships and romance are well done an lengthy?

About how long have you played?

Roughly how far into the story are you hours wise?

Depending on your answers above. Do you think both character relationships and romance are well done an lengthy?

I have played around 60 hours. I cant really point of the main story hours I have played. I am playing the game very slowly savoring every moment of it. I might end up playing 250+ hours at this pace.
Without spoiling anything, every character is well written and executed. Not just the characters from main story line, but you will form special bonds with the people from side quests as well. They are all very well written. I already have a few favorites outside the main story quest! :)

I dont think I can. This post was once hidden by the moderator.... The review itself was a risk. U might want to check the videos on youtube.

Yeah I noticed the thread disappearing for a bit :)

Some more questions if you don't mind:

1) Did you feel like - in the main story - that it was progressing too fast at some point? Or was the pace good?. I'm always scared that I'm progressing too fast. So what I'm trying to ask is: Do you feel in control over how far in the game you are?

2) How useful did you find alchemy?

3) Do you recommend playing on hard or higher? As in - did the difficulty you played on feel too easy?

4) Are the areas varied enough? From the gameplay videos I felt like everything was just "generic wilderness". Are different areas unique in their feel? Are there forests, swamps, mountains, coastal areas etc?

Can you talk to named NPCs that aren't involved in a quest? Or do they respond with one or two quick phrases but no dialog window?

I have played around 60 hours. I cant really point of the main story hours I have played. I am playing the game very slowly savoring every moment of it. I might end up playing 250+ hours at this pace.
Without spoiling anything, every character is well written and executed. Not just the characters from main story line, but you will form special bonds with the people from side quests as well. They are all very well written. I already have a few favorites outside the main story quest! :)

Awesome that is great to hear. So you say 60 hours in. Are either the characters bonds or romantic relationship still on going this far into the game? Like new romance scenes or dialogues? Opposite of that, where there just a set of romantic scenes that you can just rush through one after the other? As for characters same idea are you still getting new scenes with characters/friends?

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed the thread disappearing for a bit :)

Some more questions if you don't mind:

1) Did you feel like - in the main story - that it was progressing too fast at some point? Or was the pace good?. I'm always scared that I'm progressing too fast. So what I'm trying to ask is: Do you feel in control over how far in the game you are?

2) How useful did you find alchemy?

3) Do you recommend playing on hard or higher? As in - did the difficulty you played on feel too easy?

4) Are the areas varied enough? From the gameplay videos I felt like everything was just "generic wilderness". Are different areas unique in their feel? Are there forests, swamps, mountains, coastal areas etc?

1) It all depends on the kind of player you are. I felt it was perfect. I am not someone who rushes through things. I walk whenever I can, stop to watch a sun set and what not. M weird. :) One thing I can say is - You are always in control!

2) The usefulness of alchemy depends a lot on what kind of build u r planning for Geralt. Its definitely a lot more useful than it was in Witcher 2. People might focus more on combat or signs. Alchemy is only a buff and bombs generator in beginning. It becomes more potent, if u invest ability points in it, tht is.

3) Hard sifficulty suited me the best. The first difficulty is basically god mode. The second is easier than witcher 2 to play. The hard is the best I feel. U need to plan before u attack a monster. A lot depends on ur preparation. U need to keep ur weapon and armour degradation in chck. It just adds much more life to the game. But again, different people might prefer different difficulty. Playing on hard also restricts my access to a certain areas coz of the monsters, which I am happy to discover later in the game. Its a good way of saving a few spots to explore later in the game. :)

4) Areas are varied yes, but a lot of no mans land, is the generic wilderness as u mention. But worry not. You wont be disappointed. No two places look the same. Everything in the game is hand placed. My personal favorite though is the skellige isles! Its just beautiful! :)
And yes, there are marsh lands, forests, cliffs, mountains, underwater stuff and what not.

How is the population in novigrad, i have seen some video,s and it looks pretty empty not allot of npc,s kinda looked like a death city, is this true ?

Can you talk to named NPCs that aren't involved in a quest? Or do they respond with one or two quick phrases but no dialog window?
No. Not every NPC has dailouge options. But there are more than enough to keep one occupied.

---------- Updated at 09:23 AM ----------

Awesome that is great to hear. So you say 60 hours in. Are either the characters bonds or romantic relationship still on going this far into the game? Like new romance scenes or dialogues? Opposite of that, where there just a set of romantic scenes that you can just rush through one after the other? As for characters same idea are you still getting new scenes with characters/friends?
Keeping it spoiler free, I cant say much at this point. Because romance is only a part of the action adventure story. U can surely go and have a good time in brothels anytime u wish though. ;)
P.S. There are good number of romantic partners available. And they are all gorgeous! :D

---------- Updated at 09:26 AM ----------

How is the population in novigrad, i have seen some video,s and it looks pretty empty not allot of npc,s kinda looked like a death city, is this true ?
Its definitely less than what has been shown in the trailers in 2013-14. But you wont be disappointed. The density is sufficient. Also the gameplay videos you are referring to might be from different times of the day... The population in the city outside might be less during different times of the day. But rest assured, walk into any building, you will find someone inside.
People dont appear on the streets doesnt mean, the city is empty. Many of them are inside. :)

No. Not every NPC has dailouge options. But there are more than enough to keep one occupied.

---------- Updated at 09:23 AM ----------

Keeping it spoiler free, I cant say much at this point. Because romance is only a part of the action adventure story. U can surely go and have a good time in brothels anytime u wish though. ;)
P.S. There are good number of romantic partners available. And they are all gorgeous! :D

lol I know. No spoilers you misunderstand. I will be more specific. The two main romances are Yen and Triss. If I were to start a relationship with one. Is it ongoing throughout the story ect... With new scenes or dialogues? They made it a point they improved it a lot an it's a long process. As someone who has it I was wondering if you can attest to that. Just curious no spoilers. I just want to know if the main romance is still ongoing with new things during 60 hours. If you chose either of them that is.

Last edited:
Its definitely less than what has been shown in the trailers in 2013-14. But you wont be disappointed. The density is sufficient. Also the gameplay videos you are referring to might be from different times of the day... The population in the city outside might be less during different times of the day. But rest assured, walk into any building, you will find someone inside.
People dont appear on the streets doesnt mean, the city is empty. Many of them are inside. :)

Thank u for claring that up, good to know :)

Hi nice review :)

Could you please let us know about the under water exploration a bit like what can we expect and the combat too like what option to we have ?

Hi nice review :)

Could you please let us know about the under water exploration a bit like what can we expect and the combat too like what option to we have ?
please check out the next part of my review which will be up soon. U will find ur answers there.

lol I know. No spoilers you misunderstand. I will be more specific. The two main romances are Yen and Triss. If I were to start a relationship with one. Is it ongoing throughout the story ect... With new scenes or dialogues? They made it a point they improved it a lot an it's a long process. As someone who has it I was wondering if you can attest to that. Just curious no spoilers. I just want to know if the main romance is still ongoing with new things during 60 hours. If you chose either of them that is.

Please don't expect an answer to this, or I'll need to kill someone.

Just to clarify on this. ArRam went to a lot of trouble to keep his review spoiler-free. Please respect that. The minute we start seeing spoilers here, there'll be deletions, and it may result in the thread being locked if we can't keep up.

Last edited:
lol I honestly shouldn't have asked it is so close now. Granted I didn't ask for details

---------- Updated at 09:41 AM ----------

Please don't expect an answer to this, or I'll need to kill someone.

Just to clarify on this. ArRam went to a lot of trouble to keep his review spoiler-free. Please respect that. The minute we start seeing spoilers here, there'll be deletions, and it may result in the thread being locked if we can't keep up.

I will keep it spoiler free and I understand :)
sorry went overboard with what I really wanted to know

New kinds of questions: Does blood appear in the water? Would you say quest variety has kept you entertained for as long as you have played it?

New kinds of questions: Does blood appear in the water? Would you say quest variety has kept you entertained for as long as you have played it?
NO blood in water.
Quest variety only manages to surprise me. No senseless fetch quests. Even if some seem like that, they are not. The side quests in the witcher 3 are its selling point. They are simply amazing! I give you my world.

---------- Updated at 10:04 AM ----------

Technical question, can you turn off shadows? Or just low like in W2.
Maybe u can, on PC.... I dont know.

NO blood in water.
Quest variety only manages to surprise me. No senseless fetch quests. Even if some seem like that, they are not. The side quests in the witcher 3 are its selling point. They are simply amazing! I give you my world.

Very good to hear... I expected nothing less, thank you. Just from a pure entertainment point of view have you enjoyed the variety of main quest in a similar way you praise the side quests?

Top Bottom