The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now available for preload on GOG.com and Steam!

+
It must be. I'm not sure because my download hasn't finished yet.

After install, my folder ended up being ~ 25 GB.

I'm not following the ~ 40GB 'Requirement' either. . Perhaps it was a best guess, at the time those requirements needed to be complete. Or perhaps that's the space required for the game + temporary files; those which are deleted after install.

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

will the DLC be released on may 19th?

After install, my folder ended up being ~ 25 GB.

I'm not following the ~ 40GB 'Requirement' either. . Perhaps it was a best guess, at the time those requirements needed to be complete. Or perhaps that's the space required for the game + temporary files; those which are deleted after install.

---------- Updated at 05:10 PM ----------

I think you're right. It was a guess. The game needs only 25.1 GB to proceed with installation, and it ends up occupying 24.5GB. Of course, your saves will still have to go somewhere.

However, Windows gets upset if you run your system drive up beyond 85% of capacity, so that will influence how much space you really need.

Steam release date is wrong, but the question is are they going to bother fixing it. So we who bought the game from steam can play at the same time as everyone else?

The Witcher 2 is 22GB WITH all other languages. The Witcher 3 is 24GB with only 1 Language(English). The rest will be a separate download. Languages take up most of the size in all such games.
ok, i must download the language pack that i need from GOG?

@sidspyker
My installation of TW2 enhanced edition is 18.5 Gb. (no language pack ~ only english)
so I suppose that the day 1 patch is going to be much larger than expected. 14 or 15 Gb maybe ?!!!! ??? :crazy:

Can I only download English? I don't want to waste my space for something I won't be using? -sorry if the question is dump lol

Top Bottom