If it's already finished.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end the stores that are selling the game early will suffer nothing, and it will happen again and again....
I hope that CDPR learn from these events. Because in the end, theses leaks only "hurts" the fans that are not able to play the game on the same date( illegal date)

It is nothing illegal. They just broke the contrast, not the law. There may be consequences for breaking a contrast but it is not illegal. It is pretty much like you signed a contrast to work for 2 years in a company but decided to quit early.

Can you read please? Thanks. Im not saying nothing bad about video consoles, i complain about the date of release of the game. If they say 19 May, is 19 May for all, not 11 May to the Video Consoles and 19 May PC.
Next time read first please, and be respectful.

Respect is earned and you earn it by not being so woefully ignorant. Do you blame CDPR for pirates who break the law? But you blame CDPR for street vendors who break the law? CDPR released this game FOR ALL on may 19th but stores don't get the product all on the 19th they get it early. They are not suppost to sell it before 19th it is in fact against the law to sell it before hand. So why the FRAK are you blaming CDPR for something someone else's violation of the law.

You are simply QQing and having a toddlers tantrum, yet instead of blaming the people who broke the law you are stomping your feet at CDPR and going "wah wah wah I want the game you are big meanies towards Pc gamers wah wah wah."

---------- Updated at 03:18 PM ----------

It is nothing illegal. They just broke the contrast, not the law. There may be consequences for breaking a contrast but it is not illegal. It is pretty much like you signed a contrast to work for 2 years in a company but decided to quit early.

There is a form of law that people can specialize in as a lawyer it is called CONTRACT LAW. Note the term LAW, violating a contract is breaking the law, full stop. What it isn't is breaking criminal law, but it is breaking the law. The Law isn't limited to criminal acts.

Last edited:
Get real people.

They can't release it early due to shipping and such. Its not like the devs are sitting there rubbing their hands going "MWhahahaha, love tormenting these people with all this waiting!"

If they could release it early they would. They are not purposely delaying launch to burn people :p

You've waited 3 years you can wait 5 days more. It's not like I don't want to play either.

You did think that 3 years is a small amount of time but then again 5 days is a LONG TIME.

It gets harsher as it comes closer to the release date .

EDIT: Wait, I ment it get's longer as it comes closer to the release date.

CDPR: Okay steam, GOG, orgin etc go ahead and release it
Forum: WTF it is unlocked already what happened?
CDPR: We have no clue what is going on we will contact them and see why they done this... This is such a shame...

Hehe...

Geeze people it only a few days now, have a little patience...

This happens evvvvery time a major release sees a street date broken.

People start complaining, "THEY have it! Why can't I have it!?"

And to a point, that's not unreasonable. But it's a very limited point that falls apart under quick inspection.

CDPR would have to get word to all their retailers, "Sure, release now. Er...tomorrow at 9 am! CET!" Those retailers would then have to get the word to their stores, that word to their stock keepers, etc. Some places would release on schedule, some early, some late. Some would swear it was still the 19th date. Even more chaos.

I know it's shocking, but you're going to have to wait until actual Christmas before you get your presents, kids. Yes, even if Timmy down the block got his early. Welcome to growing up and learning patience.

Yeah because in 2015 its soooo hard to send few emails... as always ppl got @@@@@ on digital version and PC players as we will have to w8 till 19th for no reason when all our x/ps4 friends will be playing during weekend and we will get it at 19th at the begging of the week.... pfff there is no reason for not letting us play this week...

oh well another lesson for future never preoder and never buy digital as you will be punished by it... thx cdpr you care about us your customers sooo much ....

I know it's shocking, but you're going to have to wait until actual Christmas before you get your presents, kids. Yes, even if Timmy down the block got his early. Welcome to growing up and learning patience.

more like thx for money we don't care get your ass here and prepare... what Timmy doesn't have to ? well son Timmy is not a loser so he did not preorder or bought it digital especially on PC....

Last edited:
Patience vs hype

Do you even realise that console gamers are the reason computer games even exist?

if something is holding the industry back, it doesn't matter how many things it contributed to developing.

do you thank vhs for the dvd and digital media you enjoy? would you go back to it? do you use a cell phone? maybe you should get rid of it and invest in a transceiver.

Ahahaha! WHAT console players will be playing it this weekend? All your console friends? In Italy? Please.

If you think it's a matter of "sending a few emails" than you'ce obviously never been in a position of responsibility. Ever.

Also, don't preorder. Buy the game when it comes out, after you've seen reviews and footage from people running it on your platform at your preference and similar hardware.

If you do preorder, great! If you don't like it, cancel that preorder and wait a few days. Preorder is not something you do so you can complain when you don't get your way, it's so that you don't have to remember to buy it at the time of release. Oh, and get some neat bennies.Always nice.

Preorder is, again, -not- a "I've bought it, treat me as a customer! Treat me as THE customer" receipt. It's an easily-cancelled plan-to-buy.

Also if this turns into a console vs PC war, it'll get edited, then locked. After, perhaps, some BANS FOR NAUGHTINESS.

In Italy ? LOL NO its germany/french all over the world so pls no need for dmg control its not your fault but you should adapt and help honest customers ...and yes all MY friends will play it these weekend and i will w8 since bought it on PC...
If you think it's a matter of "sending a few emails" than you'ce obviously never been in a position of responsibility. Ever.
ahh you know me so well... sure working for years as accountant I must world most irresponsible person :/ unnecessary personal remark and very immature of you person of sooo much responsibility. Yes its 2015 and companies I work make communicate by emails 99,9% even if its important and time limited, mark of times...

If you do preorder, great! If you don't like it, cancel that preorder and wait a few days. Preorder is not something you do so you can complain when you don't get your way, it's so that you don't have to remember to buy it at the time of release. Oh, and get some neat bennies.Always nice.

not all preoreds can be cancelled you should know that....

also ppl who preordered are not customers ? good to know, then why are you so happy about million preorder since non of that matters as we are not your customers ? good luck cdpr you will need it with that thinking, expected a lot more from you...

Last edited:
While some retailers have broken the street date, the majority of retailers have not. Some may not yet have even received their games yet. We're not changing the date because a few retailers in a few locations chose to break their word. Sorry.

Only 5 more days. :)

You do realize that most preorders cannot be canceled when you paid for them... see

Your friends won't be playing it, because there have been very few street dates broken. If your friends managed to find a store that did so, that's great luck (?), but they are in a tiny minority. I hope they enjoy their framerate issues.

On the other hand, you'll be playing on the can-have-mods, better-graphics-available PC platform. Looks like a tie to me.

Sending emails isn't the point, it's the logistics of an early release date. Sending emails isn't going to fix that.

Nearly all preorders can be cancelled until you have a copy of the game in your hands or you've receieved some other benefit. And often even after that. No idea where you ordered this un-cancellable preorder.

Gog, for example:

"Refunds and returns
We're happy to offer you pre-order refunds, early exchanges and our money back guarantee (in appropriate cases). For more details you really will have to read the wall of text on the left – sorry. 6.7 We understand that sometimes a purchase doesn't turn out how you expected and we want to be fair to GOG users. So here's our deal with you:
a) Preorders Refund: if you preorder and pay for a GOG game, you can cancel the preorder and get a full refund as long as we receive a valid request before the game's full release date on GOG.com."

Same for Steam - feel free to Google it. So..yeah. WHERE did you preorder it from?

Oh man, playing it over the weekend would've been awesome. But alas, Tuesday it'll have to be. Many retailers will be dispatching their orders over the weekend for Tuesday delivery.

Can't wait for retail game business to completely die off in next 10 years; so we can avoid shit like this and get the game a few days after it's gone gold.

Can't wait for retail game business to completely die off in next 10 years; so we can avoid shit like this and get the game a few days after it's gone gold.

Yeeeppp. I hear you. It's an anachronism and, frankly, an annoying one to those of us with the foresight to order digital.

Shall we say....five years? No. But ten, surely.

On the bright side, Monday is a holiday here, soo...yeah. FORTUNE HAS SMILED UPON ME. And everyone else in B.C. Who likes the Witcher.

as game sizes expand beyond the 100gb range, i think not.
With stuff like Google fiber giving the likes of AT&T a nightmare in US, I don't see why in 10 years, size would be a problem. I'm sure the internet infrastructure in most regions of the world in 10 years would have improved to a point where retailers can be an afterthought.

if something is holding the industry back, it doesn't matter how many things it contributed to developing.

do you thank vhs for the dvd and digital media you enjoy? would you go back to it? do you use a cell phone? maybe you should get rid of it and invest in a transceiver.

WTF? How the hell is the console market holding us PC gamers back? The industry has grown into the largest entertainment industry in the world. Console are the reason that video games have surpassed movies. The oooh so evil console users have been soooooo detrimental to teh video game industry that because of them there are more games being made, larger games being made and the quality of those games have increased. 25 years ago the idea of an actor of Charles Dance's quality doing a video game would have been laughable. The industry was just starting to get actors to do this type of word and they were not A list actors to be sure. Do you know WHY we have the best actors in the world doing video games? Because of the console market.

Maybe you should lose that chip on your shoulder and stop misplacing the blame on poor development on consoles and put it squarely on the shoulders of the developers who make it. You don't blame movie directors for a poor movie because of TV. A bad game is bad because of teh developers not because of consoles. This includes bad console ports. The bad port isn't bad because of consoles its bad because the developers didn't do a good job making the port. Stop blaming console and console gamers for things that they are NOT to blame for, instead be thankful that consoles have created and driven lots of improvements to the industry.

As a PC gamer who only ever owned an atari 2600 I am really glad consoles exist because it created the hobby I love and it has propelled this hobby from something only kids use into a media that adults not only use but is respectable enough that the biggest actors in the world will work in.

Last edited:
well many local shops don't refund or cancel preorders are paid up during preordering... bah even USA PSN does not refund on preorders... not everyone have big us/uk retailers where i live its hard to buy any game in shop its mostly net shops :S

hmm better graphic you say ? not so sure since cdpr said its parity time and PC will look like PS4/x version just with more fps and few minor upgrades like hairworks... unless PC version is actually looking better than console one ? mods well yeah but how long it will take to release some good mods worth downloading ? 6 months or so ?

I hope they enjoy their framerate issues

emm as far as i know patch for ps4 version is out so no framerate issues...

as for logistic etc lets be honest majority of retailers already have witcher in stocks as many are selling them right know...

anyway yeah im inpatient that is true it is my flaw but for company that deems itself so customer friendly you could do some nice gesture toward us since its very unfair.. also tuesday release date is worst possible day :S anyone care to explain why everyone move to it instead of friday ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom