NEW *PC Gameplay* Graphics looking good! Ultra maybe!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for LOD streaming and draw distance.

Draw distance seems to be acceptable on PC ultra if you ask me. And I'm pretty sure it could be improved by ini tweaks anyway.

Consoles owners on the other hand, well, they have to live with what their 400 bucks hardware can offer. ;)

LOD and draw distance are realy bad even on ultra (plus its confirmed that its same as on consoles), so no "extra" distance etc on ultra, period. Just look on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWhB6Zaiww on 4:04, sail of that boat speaks for themself, its horrible pop-in, and that is just one example.
There is a slider for the foliage visibility range in the PC settings at least

And from what I've seen in previous PC videos the draw distance seemed to be good.

I was paying close attention to draw distance on PC and it wasn't bad at all. Didn't notice anything blatantly popping in.

They look good, if you exclude the bad frame rate and constant pop in.

Also, I see CD never tuned the wind. Huge trees bending like twigs just look so utterly ridiculous.

This is the best visuals i have seen on the PS4 on ANY game(not just big open world ones) The FPS drops on city areas are very bad, judging by this video though.

The IGN video despite being on ultra had several settings disabled. Hairworks, AA, HBAO, Sharpening(which will make a huge difference IMO), light shafts and chromatic abberation. Also it was not on 4K resolution to see it at it's absolute best. I really beleive the game was downgraded compared to VGX trailer, but it looks so damn great that i do not care in the slightest. Not to mention that these are Youtube videos. When i watch TW2 footage on youtube on something like: 4K Ultra Ubersampling, it still looks worse than on my own screen when i play it on medium.

This is the best visuals i have seen on the PS4 on ANY game(not just big open world ones) The FPS drops on city areas are very bad, judging by this video though.

The IGN video despite being on ultra had several settings disabled. Hairworks, AA, HBAO, Sharpening(which will make a huge difference IMO), light shafts and chromatic abberation. Also it was not on 4K resolution to see it at it's absolute best. I really beleive the game was downgraded compared to VGX trailer, but it looks so damn great that i do not care in the slightest. Not to mention that these are Youtube videos. When i watch TW2 footage on youtube on something like: 4K Ultra Ubersampling, it still looks worse than on my own screen when i play it on medium.

I get by your nickname that you are Greek? ;)

If Ultra settings have all those options disabled on the IGN video, then not even a GTX 980 can run it at 1080p, 60fps. That is really bad.

I get by your nickname that you are Greek? ;)

If Ultra settings have all those options disabled on the IGN video, then not even a GTX 980 can run it at 1080p, 60fps. That is really bad.

Yeo Greek :D

Considering that several people(including me occasionaly) were bitching about not going for the VGX build, which i bet would not even hit 30 FPS on ultra on a GTX980, i think it is fine as it is. IMO people are overly obsessed about 60FPS. You can;t have it both ways. Great graphics come at a cost.

Exactly, problem is that they played on everything on ultra (only hairworks disabled), so...
Exactly, thing is that it was good in the video for the most part.

]It's not horrible, but its not even distantly good, there are many older games with better draw distance + it used to be good (older trailers are superb in this matter)
1) Older games have much less high-res objects. You just can't have anything.
2) I disagree about the "older trailers" They look pretty much the same in that regard than the IGN video.

Yeo Greek :D

Considering that several people(including me occasionaly) were bitching about not going for the VGX build, which i bet would not even hit 30 FPS on ultra on a GTX980, i think it is fine as it is. IMO people are overly obsessed about 60FPS. You can;t have it both ways. Great graphics come at a cost.

I agree with that. But having AA and HBAO or lightshafts should be possible with a GTX 980 at 1080p resolution. It's the standard resolution these days. Anyway, to teel you the truth constant pop in, shadow draw in and LOD sudden loading are more important for the immersion. And they don't look good. During the IGN latest stream he was looking down on some streets from a vintage point in Novigrad and no NPCs were loaded in. I am not certain if these things can be fixed with just upping the .ini file either.

Last edited:
During the IGN latest stream he was looking down on some streets from a vintage point in Novigrad and no NPCs were loaded in. I am not certain if these things can be fixed with just upping the .ini file either.

Maybe, for the 2% of PC gamers who could even practically making use of such settings...

Maybe, for the 2% of PC gamers who could even practically making use of such settings...

True. But I think these things are hardcoded more or less. In Skyrim, no matter how much you upped the NPC distance spawning, there was a hardcoded limit. It was irrelevant from the hardware.

Sorry, many men saying that 'light shafts' was disabled in IGN video. It is interesting did we see this option active in any video or is it not showen yet like ubersampling. And what does 'light shaft' do exactly.

And where i can see what option was enabled and disabled in IGN video. I mean link please :)

And what does 'light shaft' do exactly.

And where i can see what option was enabled and disabled in IGN video. I mean link please :)

Light shafts off vs on below

As for the settings menu check the post the following post
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-configs-XML?p=1653626&viewfull=1#post1653626

Looks swanky....very swanky :)

---------- Updated at 12:17 PM ----------

It says in the description of the video:
Die Aufnahmen stammen von der PS4-Version
"The recordings are from the PS4 version."

LOL - Doh!
If that's PS4, I should reconsider getting back into console gaming!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom