What is your Pre Release routine?

+
What is your Pre Release routine?

Release of the Witcher 3 is only 5 days away for me I live the U.S.A. and when i have a release that i care about such as the Witcher 3 is for me i have a routine

My Routine

- get up
- shower
- either go to work or consume info about said game and clean my house or room just to make time go bye faster
- few hours before release go to supermarket buy a case of Mountain Dew or 2 cases depending on the game
- go home start my ps4 so Witcher 3 can be pre uploaded about 2-3 hours before
or
- if i go to a store i stand and wait and converse about the game with fellow enthusiasts until i get the game in my hands
- i leave with excitment in my heart and a smile on my face
- go to tacobell get 3 chicken quesidillas with hot (hot sauce)
- go home
- eat while watching a movie or show i like drinking my mountain dew and eating my 3 chicken quesidillas with a smile on my face
- put the disc in or start up ps4 and start playing until i feel tired NOT exhausted cause i need my sleep
- then get up and start playing again because i can't stop thinking about the game and when i can't stop thinking about said game its a good game

So that's my routine share yours i would love to read what other people do.

Last edited:
My Routine for the 18/19 May, here it releases at 00:00

18 May afternoon
-Come from Work at 6:00PM
-Study some hours
-Go to supermarket and buy something to cook fast
-Take the dinner Early and wait patiently until 00:00

I don´t know how I will manage to get up next morning 6:00 :p:p

Release of the Witcher 3 is only 5 days away for me I live the U.S.A. and when i have a release that i care about such as the Witcher 3 is for me i have a routine

My Routine

- get up
- shower
- either go to work or consume info about said game and clean my house or room just to make time go bye faster
- few hours before release go to supermarket buy a case of Mountain Dew or 2 cases depending on the game
- go home start my ps4 so Witcher 3 can be pre uploaded about 2-3 hours before
or
- if i go to a store i stand and wait and converse about the game with fellow enthusiasts until i get the game in my hands
- i leave with excitment in my heart and a smile on my face
- go to tacobell get 3 chicken quesidillas with hot (hot sauce)
- go home
- eat while watching a movie or show i like drinking my mountain dew and eating my 3 chicken quesidillas with a smile on my face
- put the disc in or start up ps4 and start playing until i feel tired NOT exhausted cause i need my sleep
- then get up and start playing again because i can't stop thinking about the game and when i can't stop thinking about said game its a good game

So that's my routine share yours i would love to read what other people do.

Starts the day before really ;)

18th:

- Work etc.
- Clean my house + PC or PS4 (not sure what to get it on yet)
- FInetune my overclock / clean up PS4 game library
- sleep

19th: (got a few days off from here on onwards)
- Eat
- Shower
- pick up game reserved 2 physical editions pc and ps4, will chose which one later
- read the book, map etc while taking a shit
- Play

Last edited:
Simple.

Sleep. I wont be able to play the game the hour it releases due to the college hours being the same time Q_Q, Plus I will be totally exhausted cause.. I took the Programming Course ....

This is for MONDAY since it'll be like 6PM when it unlocks.

(I'm off work on Mondays)
-Wake up at around 9AM
-Fap
-Shower
-Eat breakfast
-Browse internet/play video games
-Eat lunch
-More browsing and gaming
(Parents and sister are home by now from work/school)
-Family time for about 2 hours, probably watch TV with them and eat dinner
-PLAY THE WILD HUNT

The semester just ended so I'm completely free on Mondays and Wednesdays (and most of Tues/Thurs)

For Tuesday:

-Wake up at around 7AM
-Fap
-Shower
-Eat breakfast
-Play TW3 until I have to go to work at 4:30PM (I LOVE working evenings because I get peace and quiet at my house for most of the day)
-maybe eat lunch at like 2PM or something
-Not be very productive at work because I'll be thinking about TW3 and browsing the internet on my phone
-Come home and play TW3 for a couple hours until I go to bed. Then wake up on Wednesday and repeat Monday's routine.

Last edited:
Hydrate.

Stretch a bit.

Warm up, some loose running or light aerobics.

Easy sets, say 1/4 my max. Then up to 1/2. Then go for heavy reps.

Accessory work.

Proper post-workout nutrition. A shake, some carbs.

A shower.

Oh yes. Then jumping up and down shouting, "It's nearly here! It's nearly here!" for the rest of the day.

Hydrate.

Stretch a bit.

Accessory work.

A shower.

Oh yes. Then jumping up and down shouting, "It's nearly here! It's nearly here!" for the rest of the day.

First, Dont hate me for this.

Then for some reason there is a power out that day.

Luckily I have no university on Monday and Tuesday. So I am probably starting to play at 1:00 am. Gonna do some math for my next exam till Monday evening. Then I'll play a bit with friends, eat something ofcourse and then i will get extremly hyped up. And ofcourse impatiently waiting for the Day0 Patch. ^^

First, Dont hate me for this.

Then for some reason there is a power out that day.

Seems like power outages happen at the worst possible times, like when you're trying to work on school assignments at the last minute. I have a generator but we use that for things like the freezer, refrigerator, some lights, etc.

Seems like power outages happen at the worst possible times, like when you're trying to work on school assignments at the last minute. I have a generator but we use that for things like the freezer, refrigerator, some lights, etc.

Yeah, we had one yesterday when i was playing WItcher 2. I forgot to save on the Triss forest romance scene.

Then BAM power outage.

EDIT: Lesson from that is , Always SAVE every 20 minutes!

Attachments

• witcher_meditating.jpg
    witcher_meditating.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 39
I have a generator!

Where I'm from, we get 100 to 300 outages per year, lasting less than a minute to five days. So THAT to your first world problems.

Of course, I'm not -where- I'm from anymore, having moved...and left my genset behind. Dammit.

Gonna be painfull working on monday just so close to the release.

The 19th I have already taken as a day off from work. :)

Probably gonna go buy something good to eat/drink for when I start playing. Though as usual I am probably gonna drink loads of coffee which might not be a bad idea if I start playing at 2 am local time

Probably going to try streaming the game online also unless I have to compromise to get the highest settings on the game. Then again I have just recently tested streaming so I imagine there wont be much of an audience anyway :)

i will watch

---------- Updated at 06:13 PM ----------

Hydrate.

Stretch a bit.

Accessory work.

A shower.

i forgot to mention that i will workout about 7 or 9 am in my time i just didn't say it because its a part of me you know what i am saying Sardukhar

I'd be cooking 2 days worth of food for my husband, as when I have new games..I tend to forget him :D
It's a great thing we each have our own gaming laptops, with different tastes in games.
Borrow *steal* his xbox controller and frequently interrupt his Dark souls game to point out every single new thing I see! Banzai!

I hope there aren't any game breaking bugs during the first day. I'm so looking forward to this. Gonna buy the witcher ebooks from Amazon and immerse myself in Geralt's world in the next few days. Only have The Last Wish at the moment.

Top Bottom