W3 Hype has rendered me incapable of playing other games

+
I'm playing non-fantasy games to cleanse my palate. Watch Dogs and the excellent cyberpunk RPG, Dex. Well, that and W2 Dark mode combat practice. Because you need it. Cursed damage.

This is what I'm doing to pass the time. KeK. Well riding my bike.

Feeling that way since I played Witcher 2 .... It will be probably even worse after witcher 3 comes out :D .... the bar will be raised so high that hardly any game can ever reach it again... CDPR you have to keep going making awesome games !

I was passing time in Warframe but lately, same thing, can't log into it, even with new exciting updates, nothing, let alone starting a new game, I must have 30 games waiting to be launched for the first time, but I have no interest in it, I feel terrible lately, terribly excited!

Yeah kind of feeling the same, I played M&B: Warband quite a lot but haven't played it for about a week now. I am now "trying" to play Skyrim. I've spent a good 1000 hours on that and I've modded the crap out of it, but half of the time I'm alt tabbed out or I just close the game and browse forums and read up on the Witcher 3.

4 days... I must... survive...
Quick someone call Superman to spin the Earth really fast to save us!

Feels good to know I'm not the only one. I just don't feel like playing any other game. I must play Wild Hunt.

This is kinda crazy. I'm 30 years old. I've been a hardcore video-game addict since I started with Super Mario on Nes when I was like 7-8 years old. I've been ultra-hyped for games before (Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc) but this is the FIRST time this has actually happened to me;

I am incapable of enjoying any games due to the W3 hype.

Recently I've been playing dota 2 (3500+ hours played total), D3, pillars of eternity, SC2, hearthstone +++. But right now I can't even log into them.
I'm sitting here with a bloodstained F5 key and 12+ tabs up reading Witcher news, forums and so on. The mere thought of having fun playing other games are drained out of me.

I need a support group, someone share their pain or give me a hug before I lose my sanity :(

welcome to the club my friend i have the exact same issue .. even bought the game from diferent locations just to make shure i can play it as soon as possible since the release time is a bit defused ( says 18 hours later on steam then what gog says) so i cant wait ^^

Time to break the torment... or try to.

Rome 2 legendary campaign as Pergamon OR Deus Ex human revolution for the "foxiest of the hounds" achievement?

I think this extra hype is going to kill the game for me.

My expectations are to high for the game now. And there is no place I can find any thing bad about the game.

I think this extra hype is going to kill the game for me.

My expectations are to high for the game now. And there is no place I can find any thing bad about the game.

Unfortunately I know of one major bad thing about The Witcher 3 - which will likely be the biggest negative impact on the game and cause an outrage among people. I'm sure most people know this by now but putting in spoiler tags just in case. This will certainly destroy some of the hype btw:

The Witcher 3 has an ending, meaning the game is finite like most other games :(

A friend of mine just started tw2 and I'm listening to all his decision-making commentary and it's the only thing saving me from going insane. I can't play any of the other witcher games now, the hype is just too damn high -- it's like a nostalgia hit so heavy i've hit the deck and can't get up. I didn't think that cinematic would pucnh me in the jaw so hard

A friend of mine just started tw2 and I'm listening to all his decision-making commentary and it's the only thing saving me from going insane. I can't play any of the other witcher games now, the hype is just too damn high -- it's like a nostalgia hit so heavy i've hit the deck and can't get up. I didn't think that cinematic would pucnh me in the jaw so hard

Hang in there :)

Only about 300 000 seconds left.

I'm in my 30s too and haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. Sure I've been excited about games, but this is on a whole other level. Its crippling. I'm constantly visiting forums just to experience the game by proxy whilst at the same time trying to avoid spoilers. Like you, I can't look at another game or achieve any attempt to play and enjoy them. It all just leads back to looking at TW3 forums for more news.

Now I'm worrying that this game won't meet my ridiculous expectations. :(

I'm 26 have 2 children and a wife, I usually play ps4 with 3 mates every night, the last few weeks I can't bring myself to load it up, just end up scrolling through here constantly until the early hours, I'm glad I'm not alone I thought I had a problem. Come Tuesday it won't be a problem anymore....

My names Dave and I'm a witcherholic

I'm in my 30s too and haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. Sure I've been excited about games, but this is on a whole other level. Its crippling. I'm constantly visiting forums just to experience the game by proxy whilst at the same time trying to avoid spoilers. Like you, I can't look at another game or achieve any attempt to play and enjoy them. It all just leads back to looking at TW3 forums for more news.

Now I'm worrying that this game won't meet my ridiculous expectations. :(

We are old enough to know when gold is struck arent we?

When I wake up I just want to go to sleep again just to pass the time. This is one of the symptoms of depression. Seems like waiting for TW3 is literally making me depressed.

---------- Updated at 06:15 AM ----------

I'm 26 have 2 children and a wife, I usually play ps4 with 3 mates every night, the last few weeks I can't bring myself to load it up, just end up scrolling through here constantly until the early hours, I'm glad I'm not alone I thought I had a problem. Come Tuesday it won't be a problem anymore....

My names Dave and I'm a witcherholic

89 hours left Dave ^^

With 8 hour sleep each day its actually just 65 hours left. But it gets better. With work/school you can probably cut 15 hours right? So we are down to 50 hours. Count 2 hours a day for food/drink/shower and we are down to 42 hours. So its actually less than 2 days (48H) until we can play.

Thanks

Breaking it down makes me feel better thanks for that, luckily kids and work do keep me busy but alas it's 7am and here I am scrolling through haha

We should know better being all grown up but like you said we know gold when we see it! Glad to see a lot of actual mature players are so hyped not just the cod kids!

I wish you all luck over the weekend if you need help getting through it then drop me a pm and we can talk all things witcher lol

Edit: quote messed up on my phone.

Last edited:
I'm taking my ps4 to work on the 19th so I can download the patch and play a bit at work.

one nice thing, i will not be thinking of the game that much over the weekend

Top Bottom