[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
Geralt on Mars again :D :D

In the light of recent gameplays and stunning graphics that we've witnessed, bullshit regarding geometry downgrade [yeah - i've been paying special attention to that in 35 minutes travel to novigrad video] and shitty, disneylandish, cartoony art direction became obvious.

Since i'm not into patting myself in the back saying mantra "i've told 'em! millenium hand and shrimp!", i've spent 2 minutes of my precious time, to make this here middle finger equivalent to every downgrade yellers and conspiracy theorists that were nitpicking every detail. Enjoy:

Attachments

• downgrade2015.jpg
    downgrade2015.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
i just want to ask an honest question and see if someone knows anything about it.
that dev (marcin i think was the name i apoligize if i'm mistaken) said that the game wil have 100% the same visual quaility as past trailers.

everybody has seen this gallery http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=5. and i must say that the 35 min gameplay demo from 2014 looks ten times better than the ps4 final version.

can we expect something looking like the 35 min demo in the pc final build? i think it's not possible but maybe someone knows more than me

i just want to ask an honest question and see if someone knows anything about it.
that dev (marcin i think was the name i apoligize if i'm mistaken) said that the game wil have 100% the same visual quaility as past trailers.

everybody has seen this gallery http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/51,96455,17905381.html?i=5. and i must say that the 35 min gameplay demo from 2014 looks ten times better than the ps4 final version.

can we expect something looking like the 35 min demo in the pc final build? i think it's not possible but maybe someone knows more than me

that is the ps4 version compared to PC version on ultra

Lambert's voice actor is changed, I liked his voice in TW1, while in TW3 it seems to me...forgettable.
Even Zoltan doesn't seem the same.

I can't find the video again which had Lambert, but he was the one VA I've heard which actually did sound legitimately different. Zoltan is most definitely the same.

Also I find people making judgement calls on VA's, to go so far as to say a character/VA performance is "forgettable", when we've heard literally 1-2 lines of dialogue absolutely fucking laughable.
There's enough Geralt out there, and even a healthy amount of Vesemir to make somewhat of a call on those. If someone said they don't like Geralt's VA, then fine, but trying to make judgement calls on the other VA's at this point is just absurd.

In the light of recent gameplays and stunning graphics that we've witnessed, bullshit regarding geometry downgrade [yeah - i've been paying special attention to that in 35 minutes travel to novigrad video] and shitty, disneylandish, cartoony art direction became obvious.

Since i'm not into patting myself in the back saying mantra "i've told 'em! millenium hand and shrimp!", i've spent 2 minutes of my precious time, to make this here middle finger equivalent to every downgrade yellers and conspiracy theorists that were nitpicking every detail. Enjoy:

trololollo harder.

:cheers:

If you want to talk downgrade you must find the exact same spot at the exact same time of day under the exact same weather condition. It fails all so sorry it is simply not comparable :p

Also I find people making judgement calls on VA's, to go so far as to say a character/VA performance is "forgettable", when we've heard literally 1-2 lines of dialogue absolutely fucking laughable.

I'm sorry, I realize I used the wrong words.
I was not referring to the Voice Acting (or better, the actor's skill). I was talking about the tone of his voice, how it sounds.

Last edited:
I was talking about the tone of his voice, how it sounds.

Mmmm probably just a poor choice of words. I know when I finally heard Yennefer on the Conan Video, it was a feeling of, "Well that wasn't quite what I was expecting" , and that's probably where you sit when it comes to Lambert.

Ultimately it's silly for any of us to make a judgement calls on VA's, sound or actor quality, over only 1-2 lines of dialogue (Especially going so far as to already label it as seemingly "forgettable"). I realized that I was being really stupidly pre-emptive about Yennefer (Even if I did still think the voice was good, just not quite what I expected), I'm sure there'll be plenty of other dialogue from Lambert and perhaps you'll end up adjusting and enjoying his VA.

Keira looks good... ;) Possible spoiler, unfortunately I don't speak French...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keira looks good... ;) Possible spoiler, unfortunately I don't speak French...
No real spoiler there. Here's a rough translation (I apologize in advance, my english is far from perfect) =) :
I've always thought you're the kind of man likely to provoke her. Moreover, I've got a favor to ask you. So, will you come and see me ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom