So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are console gamers able to play it? Isn't it dependent upon a day one patch? If not I agree with the majority, the digital release button should be pushed now and allow everybody the same opportunity to play it over the weekend.

Day1 patch for consoles already was put online a few days ago!

Funny that the PS4 and Xbone versions didn't get any safeguards to prevent the game from playing until the release date with pre-release copies of the game, yet every single PC version got them.

Funny that the PS4 and Xbone versions didn't get any safeguards to prevent the game from playing until the release date with pre-release copies of the game, yet every single PC version got them.
Only the retail box ... the digital copy isn't playable yet.

It's DRM-Free, don't bother XD.

What's sadder is that CDPR have this forum http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/36-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt

so basically they approve people selling/playing the game before the official GOG release.
Lolwut? This forum section was created so we can talk about TW3 even before release without filling up the other sections of the forum. It's this way for organization purposes and it makes sense.

Why if i will pay 43€ instead of 60€?
Because if that game is shit you just wasted 43€ instead of saving 17€. Because it encourages shitty practices in the industry. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing my finger at CDPR, they've been quite consumer friendly compared to other companies and I don't think the game's going to be bad. But it's an ongoing trend it seems with other publishers to push games out the door in an unfinished state. Not to mention the pre-order DLC crap that some companies seem so keen on. Look at it this way: if the game is good (friends, reviews etc.) you can buy it and play it. If it isn't then no problem you didn't buy it. If you pre-order and it turns out to be crap then that's money you just wasted. Personally I don't pre-order games, regardless of who puts them out.

Anyway, I don't see why people are so mad about this, CDPR can't control these retailers if they decide to sell a few days early. If you see someone copying in an exam that doesn't mean you can ask that the answers be provided to you. It's 3 days away anyways, have some patience, jeez.

Last edited:
Well, I also feel bullets should be bitten at this stage and unlock the damn game already. Every hour there are more reports of the console versions being sold 'early' and new streams appearing as well as videos on YouTube. Besides, Tuesday is a stupid day for a release, most do it on Fridays which is better because people have the weekend to enjoy it.

Attachments

• DAWICER.jpg
    DAWICER.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 39
Only the retail box ... the digital copy isn't playable yet.

PC retail box can't play early either because of security measures, and that only applies to pre-release made copies of the Retail version.

I just find it a bit hypocritical that they would add a form of DRM to the pre-release retail copy, yet not the same to the console ones as well, especially since the intent was to prevent what the console copies have already done.

PC retail box can't play early either because of security measures, and that only applies to pre-release made copies of the Retail version.

I just find it a bit hypocritical that they would add a form of DRM to the pre-release retail copy, yet not the same to the console ones as well, especially since the intent was to prevent what the console copies have already done.

Yeah, leaving critical files off retail PC disk copies just isn't right. The reason it didn't 'work' for the consoles is, they have all the files on their disks, so could play it straight out of the box, as it should be.

Well my ps4 retail copy has only just been posted, so I should see it Tuesday, hopefully Monday. So its not just PC players who are screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom