So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, leaving critical files off retail PC disk copies just isn't right. The reason it didn't 'work' for the consoles is, they have all the files on their disks, so could play it straight out of the box, as it should be.

PC retail box can't play early either because of security measures, and that only applies to pre-release made copies of the Retail version.

I just find it a bit hypocritical that they would add a form of DRM to the pre-release retail copy, yet not the same to the console ones as well, especially since the intent was to prevent what the console copies have already done.

Because of piracy. The newest generation of consoles practically have 0 piracy problems (the PS4 was cracked recently but it's not something widespread yet), if you provide everything on disk for PC users and it gets sold early then piracy will be rampant before release and that's not something you want as a game developer or publisher.

this thread :rofl::rofl:

sometimes, people just need to calm down. You'd be happier for it. I'm getting the PS4 version but I still have to wait just like the rest of us

Because of piracy. The newest generation of consoles practically have 0 piracy problems (the PS4 was cracked recently but it's not something widespread yet), if you provide everything on disk for PC users and it gets sold early then piracy will be rampant before release and that's not something you want as a game developer or publisher.

My god...that old argument again...

this thread :rofl::rofl:

sometimes, people just need to calm down. You'd be happier for it. I'm getting the PS4 version but I still have to wait just like the rest of us

So if you just get a message from your store that your ps4 version is ready to pick up, what would you do? Play the game or wait like the rest of "us"

You think the consoles were only cracked recently.........okay. Besides, wasn't it CDPR who said DRM doesn't work? So why now are they attempting it when it won't work? What's so different between "rampant" piracy today or next Tuesday, because they will have to release the files then anyway?

What are the names of the stores that released the game early?

Is this something that is true for all platforms (PC,PS4,XBOX ONE)?

I'm a Steam user and still have to wait 4 more days, what's the point of an official release date if people can play the game now while the people on the PC get cockslapped and have to wait 3-4 more days?

yep iver 150 people currently streaming witcher 3 on twitch.. fast report them all ,so they get banned from twitch =P hehe well that was actuly quite a high number ... i guess aloot of stores have prereleased the game illegal =/ well well nothing we can do about it .. and please stopp wining about releasing it earlyer .. it wont happent to many reasons to let the release day be as it is unfortunately

---------- Updated at 05:45 PM ----------

What are the names of the stores that released the game early?
not shure if that helps becouse its possible the people wo worked there already got fired for breaking street date =P

yep iver 150 people currently streaming witcher 3 on twitch.. fast report them all ,so they get banned from twitch =P hehe well that was actuly quite a high number ... i guess aloot of stores have prereleased the game illegal =/ well well nothing we can do about it .. and please stopp wining about releasing it earlyer .. it wont happent to many reasons to let the release day be as it is unfortunately

No they won't get banned because CDPR already stated it's fine for them to stream the game and to others to upload full walkthrough.

If it was to deal with piracy, the game wouldn't be DRM free to begin with. It's just an anti-leak measure, has nothing at all to do with piracy.

Remember that security drm on the pc retail version only applies to pre-release copies. every copy made after the release date wont have that measure and will work from the discs right from the start without ever needing to go online.

ahh they did =P okey .. same happent with me and watch dogs =D .. for some reason my copy just unlockt a week before release and we could stream as much we wanted ^^

Already 100 people on the Thread, I wonder when the Gamepress would put this things on their articles
not before there are 50000 + people complaining at once her =P i guess also i dont think the game press is realy interested in people that demand the game to get pre released because the street date where broken .. never heard of a game that got pre released because of that , therefor it will not happent her ether =P

not before there are 50000 + people complaining at once her =P i guess also i dont think the game press is realy interested in people that demand the game to get pre released because the street date where broken .. never heard of a game that got pre released because of that , therefor it will not happent her ether =P

You keep talking and nothing comes out of it. There were plenty of games that got released earlier than the set date. Stop saying thing without even knowing what you are talking about.

If it was to deal with piracy, the game wouldn't be DRM free to begin with. It's just an anti-leak measure, has nothing at all to do with piracy.

Remember that security drm on the pc retail version only applies to pre-release copies. every copy made after the release date wont have that measure and will work from the discs right from the start without ever needing to go online.

Yeah, it leaves me wondering what exactly is wrong with the PC version that they don't want leaked?

PC retail box can't play early either because of security measures, and that only applies to pre-release made copies of the Retail version.

I just find it a bit hypocritical that they would add a form of DRM to the pre-release retail copy, yet not the same to the console ones as well, especially since the intent was to prevent what the console copies have already done.
This. WTF?

I waited three years. I have learned to be patient. ;) Just feel sorry for some of the million people who preordered it , who will go out partying this weekend instead of playing Witcher and will then have deadly accidents on their way home....

Personally I will stay from anything remotely dangerous until I get my hands on the Witcher. ;)

You keep talking and nothing comes out of it. There were plenty of games that got released earlier than the set date. Stop saying thing without even knowing what you are talking about.

i am pretty sure there is no major game that got earlier released because the street date where broken .. pleas correct me and give me exempals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom