So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But PC has pirates man! Nothing bad ever happens with console releases, why would they leave out stuff from those releases?

Because equality, I don't care if there are less pirates on consoles, they shouldn't get to play the game earlier. By the way, console users also got screwed if they went digital anyway...

Because equality, I don't care if there are less pirates on consoles, they shouldn't get to play the game earlier. By the way, console users also got screwed if they went digital anyway...

Yeah, it was sarcasm... Not much we can do though, I'm sure there has to be some legal crap preventing them from releasing it early. I'd think.

thing is, i don't see any reason to not release/unlock the game. Console versions already leaked and a lot of people from all around the world are playing. They're not few. 100% of pc users are not playing, that is a fact.

Day1 patch already out for ps4/xone, and not for pc...

As i said earlier, we pc players are the real peasants on this situation.
thing is, i don't see any reason to not release/unlock the game. Console versions already leaked and a lot of people from all around the world are playing. They're not few. 100% of pc users are not playing, that is a fact.

Day1 patch already out for ps4/xone, and not for pc...

As i said earlier, we pc players are the real peasants on this situation.

this!

With this and the graphics situation today many have learned CDprojektred is not the dream good guy developers gamers thought it was. I'm sure the game will be great i'm just happy i got it free with my new Nvidia GPU.

WTF is wrong with people? How does this...

"We encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games. We think it’s awesome you guys make all those fantastic walkthrough/playthrough/Let's Play movies, clips showing how to unlock certain achievements and video reviews of our games. We love seeing them all out there and in fact love watching them ourselves, so please feel free to publish them on YouTube and other video sharing websites. Please remember that the use of our content in your videos has to be non-commercial, meaning you can’t charge users to view your work nor can you sell or license it to others in exchange for any kind of payment."

...equate to CDPR being unfair to people? what logic are people using? The logic of Unreasonable expectation syndrome? Allowing people to stream the game isn't a slap in the face to anyone! How is it being okay to stream a game connected to an early release? They are unrelated issues.

Why should CDPR be held accountable for the actions of a third party? Why should CDPR break their own release date because someone else broke the law? (And yes breaking a contract is BREAKING THE LAW, it just isn't a violation of criminal law, not all law is criminal people.)

Just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve what you want. You were never promised that no one would ever play the game before you. All you were promised was that on May 19th @1am CET you would be able to get the game. So why are you mad at CDPR they haven't broken that promise to you.

WTF is wrong with people? How does this...

"We encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games. We think it’s awesome you guys make all those fantastic walkthrough/playthrough/Let's Play movies, clips showing how to unlock certain achievements and video reviews of our games. We love seeing them all out there and in fact love watching them ourselves, so please feel free to publish them on YouTube and other video sharing websites. Please remember that the use of our content in your videos has to be non-commercial, meaning you can’t charge users to view your work nor can you sell or license it to others in exchange for any kind of payment."

...equate to CDPR being unfair to people? what logic are people using? The logic of Unreasonable expectation syndrome? Allowing people to stream the game isn't a slap in the face to anyone! How is it being okay to stream a game connected to an early release? They are unrelated issues.

Why should CDPR be held accountable for the actions of a third party? Why should CDPR break their own release date because someone else broke the law? (And yes breaking a contract is BREAKING THE LAW, it just isn't a violation of criminal law, not all law is criminal people.)

Just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve what you want. You were never promised that no one would ever play the game before you. All you were promised was that on May 19th @1am CET you would be able to get the game. So why are you mad at CDPR they haven't broken that promise to you.

They just simply f*cked up by not restricting the physical copies on consoles. I hope they learn from this and next time restrict everyone. Retailers who leak early then can go and put the leaks up in their ass*s.

I've waited 4 years for this game, and I can wait 3 more days.

I have to add that I feel like you are blaming the incompetence and unprofessionalism of some of the retailers on CDPR and you are crucifying the wrong side here. CDPR clearly stated that the release date is May 19th, but some of the retailers took advantage of CDPR's trust as business partners. CDPR did not encourage them to do so, and there was no way that they could have predicted or stopped it.

Don't blame CDPR , blame the retailers.

Also if CDPR breaks their own word and releases the game early, then it means that they do not have respect for their own word and release date and for the retailers that are doing the right thing here.

:cheers:Thank You.. I wast just going to write the same thing.
You are right, I think you might be my twin :)

With this and the graphics situation today many have learned CDprojektred is not the dream good guy developers gamers thought it was. I'm sure the game will be great i'm just happy i got it free with my new Nvidia GPU.

Soo let me get this straight just to see if I understand your warped reasoning...

1) CDPR said the game's release date is May 19th and store sign a standard contract that they will not sell the game before then. You are aware that this kind of street date is common with all media right? I mean a movie theatre gets their movie before the movies's release date. Is it the production company's fault if a movie theatre show the movie a day earlier? What reasonable person would blame Marvel studios if some theatre in the UAE showed the Avengers movie early? Especially when the theatre did so in violation to the street release date. Yet just to be clear this is same thing is CDPR fault because it is a game?

2) You are able to still get the date at the promised time digitally on May 19th @1pm CET correct? So why is CDPR not the good guy here for maintaining their promise to gamers? Is the only reason they are no longer the good guy's on this issue because you can't be a mature adult and accept that someone got the game earlier than you? Does their status as "good guy"/bad guy hinge on your demand for the game now? If so how could CDPR ever be teh good guy under those conditions? Seems to me the fault is in your own personal failings and it has nothing to do with CDPR.

Last edited:
I've waited 4 years for this game, and I can wait 3 more days.
-snip-
Also if CDPR breaks their own word and releases the game early, then it means that they do not have respect for their own word and release date and for the retailers that are doing the right thing here.

I agree that it's not CDPR's fault, but I don't think people are wrong for wanting the game early either.
The only thing that should prevent CDPR from releasing it early should be some kind of contract; if they were free to choose, I think the right choice would be to release it early. And I really doubt someone would question CDPR's integrity for releasing the game early, after various stores broke the release date.

Also, I have no knowledge of this, but shouldn't all retailers have their stock now?
If so, they could release it early digitally and retail together; assuming they are not bound by a contract, of course.

Blame it on the retailers breaking the street date (AGAIN) that caused all of this.

I recommend you stay away from streams of Witcher 3 from now on if you don't want to get spoiled.

Is the reason for not releasing it earlier the same as the one for not releasing it back in February?

The likelihood of finding a dishonest retailer willing to violate the contract is rather greater than that of finding a retailer who got their stock without having to sign a contract with a release date clause. The distributors handling the retail game are very big and very corporate and do these things strictly by the book.

It's not fair to retailers who abide by the release date to release the game early. It also fucks up all the expensive publicity the distributors paid for that was planned for the release. Doing anything of the kind would result in a hail of lawsuits that would bury any goodwill they got from a handful of PC gamers under the lawyers' fees, time wasted in court, and poisoned relationships with distributors that would come of it.

So the request "could you release us please, soldier sir" is a fair one, but the most likely answer is "not just NO, but HELL NO".

Last edited:
I am curious if there is anywhere in the US that is selling the game early i might just go get a ps4 version so i have something to do this weekend

kind of a stupid situation. in germany the big retailers sell every version already (pc, ps4, xbox) so you go home install it to find the play button greyed out cause of missing files(so much for no drm) while the consoleplayers got it served on the silver plate. yeah official release is on 19th but cdpr always did the pr-job of being the last good guy for the pcgamers. bit of a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom