For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And without the nvidia drivers, as with anything on the internet, take anything you read with a grain of salt. I'll try to look for the source, but I'm afraid even that won't change much I suspect.

It does not change the fact that for example Gtx 770 cant do much better than ps4 ? Why ? And when did PC platform become so undermined in CD projekt red, and why ? Please respond us ?!

ouch, it doesn't look too far away from the witcher 2 which came out in 2011!!!!!!!!! so the witcher 3 could have actually been last gen really :(
as below is a screenshot from my Witcher 2 with high res mod

Been saying this for awhile now... just keeps getting deleted :(

lol so CDPR should have made the console versions look like dirt? I'm confused, you people won't be happy unless CDPR releases the game at 720p on console just to make spotting the difference easier for your obviously aging eyes...these threads hurt my head.

Nope. Not this. You simply made a console version, pushing hard that hardware, and then you took that version and made a PC version which looks like the console build at min or medium settings.

lol so CDPR should have made the console versions look like dirt? I'm confused, you people won't be happy unless CDPR releases the game at 720p on console just to make spotting the difference easier for your obviously aging eyes...these threads hurt my head.

They maxed consoles they drain every bit of power from them, and then same port transfer to pc with minimal amount of dedication and minimal amount of optimization. To me this look so much like Assassinss Creed game and Ubisoft way of working.

i still don't really get why people are so upset.

they made a game that looks decent - not to say very good - on consoles AND PC. I am absolutely satisfied, because i am one of those who have a decent GPU, but don't have a huge amount of money to buy one of those really high end GPUs. I am a student, i have a husband who is a student too, we care more about what we eat next week than graphics, and if we had 1000$, we'd spend it on something useful. Now if they made the game look like in those trailers (what would be very optimistic, never expected that, even if they tell us something different. Games do never look like the cinematics do, not yet.), my PC couldn't run it at all, even on lowest settings. And most of you guys couldn't play it either. Some of you would maybe spend 900$ on one of those GPUs and upgrade your hardware even more to be able to run it - but then you would complain that the game isn't worth 1000$ (and you know what, you would be right. no game is and no game will ever be)-

consoles have improved. they could actually become even better during the next years - and they will probably be the thing you buy instead of upgrading your gaming PC every year (investing as much as you would to actually buy 2 of those consoles). Just wait and see, they are working on those Steam Machines. There is something changing those days. Games don't look like shit on consoles anymore, and many Companies know that they have to build the games the right way . We are all part of the same community, we are gamers. And companies want to sell their games to all of us. Many PC enthusiasts are currently worried about the growing influence of NVIDIA...

I don't have a console (yet), and never had. I am one of those who play every game on PC - if it was made for PC. Every year a new console was released, i wondered whether or not it would be worth it. Never was sure enough to buy one. But things change. Maybe i will actually buy a console in the future, and you know what? I can finally switch to linux entirely.

CDPR did something new here, and we PC enthusiasts have to deal with the fact that we aren't the privileged ones anymore. Don't worry. We get a game that looks AS GOOD as on consoles. Get used to it. In a few years we will hopefully laugh about all this, and play our new beautiful games on consoles that are cheap but powerful and there for everyone - so no one has to worry about the new NVIDIA GPU anymore, and whether or not he should sell his grandmothers soul to get one of these. Yes, i am an utopist.

Well, if "optimization" is such an important aspect to CDPR, then perhaps we should also "optimize" the money we spend on the game.
Seriously, if the best a GTX980 can give is nothing more than slightly textures, a few extra trees and better looking hair, then on what basis was the game not a victim of parity?

Even the Skyrim graphics were just okay at release, later on they made official texture pack and mods are also great.

Yes..there is absolutely no difference except: higher resolution, 60fps, Nvidia Hairworks/Gameworks/PhysX, HBAO+, Tesselation and many other options that aren't enabled via ini file.

You people need a pair of glasses if you can't differenciate between PS4 and PC version.

Well, if "optimization" is such an important aspect to CDPR, then perhaps we should also "optimize" the money we spend on the game.
Seriously, if the best a GTX980 can give is nothing more than slightly textures, a few extra trees and better looking hair, then on what basis was the game not a victim of parity?

Wait - where have they said it isn't parity? The entire game was based on system parity. Their CEO said it. So.. besides the 2013 and 2014 gameplay trailers they never lied about anything.

(I'm agreeing with you if you don't get my sarcasm)

they made a game that looks decent - not to say very good - on consoles AND PC. I am absolutely satisfied, because i am one of those who have a decent GPU, but don't have a huge amount of money to buy one of those really high end GPUs. I am a student, i have a husband who is a student too, we care more about what we eat next week than graphics, and if we had 1000$, we'd spend it on something useful. Now if they made the game look like in those trailers (what would be very optimistic, never expected that, even if they tell us something different. Games do never look like the cinematics do, not yet.), my PC couldn't run it at all, even on lowest settings. And most of you guys couldn't play it either. Some of you would maybe spend 900$ on one of those GPUs and upgrade your hardware even more to be able to run it - but then you would complain that the game isn't worth 1000$ (and you know what, you would be right. no game is and no game will ever be)-

consoles have improved. they could actually become even better during the next years - and they will probably be the thing you buy instead of upgrading your gaming PC every year (investing as much as you would to actually buy 2 of those consoles). Just wait and see, they are working on those Steam Machines. There is something changing those days. Games don't look like shit on consoles anymore, and many Companies know that they have to build the games the right way . We are all part of the same community, we are gamers. And companies want to sell their games to all of us. Many PC enthusiasts are currently worried about the growing influence of NVIDIA...

I don't have a console (yet), and never had. I am one of those who play every game on PC - if it was made for PC. Every year a new console was released, i wondered whether or not it would be worth it. Never was sure enough to buy one. But things change. Maybe i will actually buy a console in the future, and you know what? I can finally switch to linux entirely.

CDPR did something new here, and we PC enthusiasts have to deal with the fact that we aren't the privileged ones anymore. Don't worry. We get a game that looks AS GOOD as on consoles. Get used to it. In a few years we will hopefully laugh about all this, and play our new beautiful games on consoles that are cheap but powerful and there for everyone - so no one has to worry about the new NVIDIA GPU anymore, and whether or not he should sell his grandmothers soul to get one of these. Yes, i am an utopist.

Exactly we are not all wealthy, but even if we are it is same thing, let me explain:
1. Gtx 770 can't do ultra (yet far more powerful than ps4) people that don't have money to burn result (not satisfied).
2. Gtx 970 run ultra (probably cant maintain 60 fps) still ( cant do Nvidia game works). (looks same as consoles) people (not satisfied)
3.Gtx Titan x run ultra with Nvidia game works (only marginally better visual quality) people (why the fuck did i waste my money on)
Conclusion travel back in time and recover version of the game that is not so massively downgraded

they made a game that looks decent - not to say very good - on consoles AND PC.

You missed the point. You can spend around $400 on the PS4 and get the same graphics as you would just for a decent video card. So we spend $1000-$2000 on a PC to get GREAT, not decent graphics. It seems they decided to put little extra effort into supporting their initial fanbase, the PC users.

BTW when are the new NVIDIA drivers comming out?

I will never understand how a weak outdated consoles run this gaming world... PC version is butchered to a lowest common denominator

at least the game runs okay on 770 and 280x

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...k-Test-1158845/&edit-text=&act=url&authuser=0

For Ultra-Details and Full HD it takes is a fleet middle-class graphics card as a GTX 770 or R9 280X. Impressive:

one thing i dont get? how and why does it take a 980gtx to run a game on a ps4 lvl of graphics ?

I am genuinely upset, not for the result but for the misrepresentation, and when the time came to man up we got nothing. What the hell happened? This is something EA would do.

Please keep in mind that the game is still in production phase. Certain things are still being worked on. The final version of the game will look better than what can be seen in the latest screenshots – no matter the platform. As you probably know, when publishing screenshots, some of them can be subjectively less appealing than others (depending on one’s opinion), that’s perfectly normal. The most important thing here is that the game will come out looking gorgeous when we are done working on it. There will be no downgrade.”
http://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-graphical-downgrade-final-version-pc/

Exactly we are not all wealthy, but even if we are it is same thing, let me explain:
1. Gtx 770 can't do ultra (yet far more powerful than ps4) people that don't have money to burn result (not satisfied).
2. Gtx 970 run ultra (probably cant maintain 60 fps) still ( cant do Nvidia game works). (looks same as consoles) people (not satisfied)
3.Gtx Titan x run ultra with Nvidia game works (only marginally better visual quality) people (why the fuck did i waste my money on)
Conclusion travel back in time and recover version of the game that is not so massively downgraded

YEAHHHHHH - HOOORAHHHHH someone understands LOGIC. Wow. Great post man. Great Post.

Yes..there is absolutely no difference except: higher resolution, 60fps, Nvidia Hairworks/Gameworks/PhysX, HBAO+, Tesselation and many other options that aren't enabled via ini file.

You people need a pair of glasses if you can't differenciate between PS4 and PC version.

Please give me your one eyeball, please. I guess you are right, mine eyesight is downgraded :mean:

Fortunately, the performance is very good, both Radeon GPUs and GeForce graphics cards provide very good frame rates. Also pleasing: For Ultra-Details and Full HD it takes is a fleet middle-class graphics card as a GTX 770 or R9 280X

Assuming you have a reasonably current quad-core at around 3 GHz and a good middle-class GPU with 2 GiByte memory, you can look forward not only to the best looking version of The Witcher 3, but also to the most liquid after our previous findings so. Kudos, CD Projekt.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom