Steam timer

+
Steam timer

How's the steam timer for you? (In the store page of the witcher) Mine doesn't match the official timer [19th of May 1 am CET]=[18th of May 9pm My time] .

The steam timer tells the game is locked until May 19th 2 pm 17h later to the official time :/ Yeah.. I don't want to wait a second more if I don't have to..

Last edited:
i would not be shure about that .. if the devs manual unlock it then yes if not then not .. i just in case got my self a second copy from gog just to make shure i can play when it gets out =P

it takes timezones into acount. but steam tels offical that w3 releases 18 hours after this timer. the timer matches with gog release time

I hope steams got it wrong, i booked Tuesday off work hoping I would be able to play most of the day, just seems strange that steam would take the effort to change the release from one wrong time to a different wrong time.

Would like an official response if possible? if it is correct and steam is releasing later i would like to know so i can rearrange for Wednesday instead, day will be wasted otherwise.

i booked of the whole week =D .. tho i need to go out and do a small work thing on may 19 =( .. but beside that i told my mife to F**** off i am busy ( and i normaly never tell her that XD ) mwuhaha

I find it funny people actually take time off of work to play a video game. Back on topic yes it appears steam will release later than Gog. This also happened with witcher 2

I find it funny people actually take time off of work to play a video game. Back on topic yes it appears steam will release later than Gog. This also happened with witcher 2
lol when I was in highschool I used to miss tons of school so I could stay home and play games. Funny thing is, it wasn't even for a new game. Thank god there wasn't an attendance policy back then.

Yes, it shows CET.

@NoBlackThunder Then it doesn't take into consideration timezone ;) I did math after my first post, just thought it saying 3 days 11 hours left was several hours incorrect.... So when you click that timer you MUST be in CET timezone for it to be correct... (or manually subtract your time zone difference from what it reports...)

Just wanted clarification but then went and did math myself lol

i am pretty shure it says time left right? the release time for gog is the same for everytime zone .. and since it counts down its a time span and not a time date? therfor i am pretty shure it is right ... remeber the game will release at gmt +1 ( Cest ) 0:00 ?

I hope steams got it wrong, i booked Tuesday off work hoping I would be able to play most of the day, just seems strange that steam would take the effort to change the release from one wrong time to a different wrong time.

Would like an official response if possible? if it is correct and steam is releasing later i would like to know so i can rearrange for Wednesday instead, day will be wasted otherwise.

I (hopefully) may be wrong but I really do not recommend taking off the very first day of release unless you are able to preload it. I would definitely rely on cdprojectred but not on steam regarding the release time. ^^

Top Bottom