For those PC gamers who are craving for Min vs Max comparison

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can agree on watch dogs if the final build wont change much. but the colonial marines? it had a much bigger false advertisement (not only graphics)

Fixed.

-CD Projekt RED showed us fancy graphics for Trailers and even a 35 minute gameplay.
-Elder Blood comes out and the graphical fidelity is significantly worse.
-Marcin says here on the forum that there has been no downgrade and the VGX and E3 quality can be recreated in the game
-Later Jose says that something that was not playable cannot be downgraded (indirectly saying it wont look like the trailers), if we disregard the 35 minute demo, this clashes with Marcin's statements earlier.

What is going on here? this has been so incredibly badly handled, and it's CD Projekt RED of all companies, you would think a company so reliant on customer support would handle this a bit better?
When the game has been released and a comparison video is out, if there has been a downgrade.............this is going to backfire badly :/

Anyways, im dissapointed aswell, from what i see here............frankly i expected more :/

I

That being said.. gameplay and story>>>>graphics.

Yes i agree wholeheartedly 100%, however the problem isnt the result for me, its the perpetual misrepresentation. A year ago, no downgrade, seven months ago no downgrade, last week no downgrade, not once have they come out and given anything but misdirection. The gog page still carries the original screenshots of the "Work in progress". I would expect this whole excercise in PR disaster from EA not CDPR.

I think the 2014 35 minute gameplay demo lays to rest the notion that we were seeing pre-rendered/bullshot footage. While not as good looking as 2013 footage, it is still a lot better than what we have now. And we know it existed, was working, was playable. I don't understand what technical/resource/time barrier prevents one from letting the pc gamers have that.

well, time to stop investing in those upgrades, hmm? The differences between console graphics and PC graphics are vanishing now. And the day will come PC graphics aren't better than consoles, unless you are a very rich guy who can afford GPUs only a graphics designer should ever need. Maybe this is the day? This is the problem. They can build consoles that are powerful enough to run stuff like this, and that are cheap enough to be affordable for the masses. But on PC, we have to run it on windows shit (that gets worse every year), and buy overpriced shit we have to replace every year.
We should get a refund from NVIDIA then, invest it in a console and get the game there.

I will have to run the game on medium. on PC. at least i am able to run it at all.

new nvidia drivers will be out may 18 as far as i know.

Actually you got it slightly wrong. All graphics are dependent on two things. Hardware and the coding that takes advantage of that hardware. Console hardware won't catch up so the only way console graphics can catch up is if the coding ins't there to take advantage of the better hardware. And this is what CD seems to have done.

This is what people are mad about. CD seems to have coded to the LOWEST common denominator. In the past games were coded to some of the best hardware available. If you had a slower rig or console you had to turn the settings down. It ran but you could easily tell the difference. Now it appears CD went the opposite route.

In nothing but respect, why was it released as in game footage? not even 'in game engine' ... and what about e3 demo? Now, you can argue that the game is still not relelased to PCs... but from what we have seen, you can't be ok with the fact that some of us are a bit discouraged and worried that we are just getting a 1:1 port?

Knowing CDPR, this scenario likely will not happen again. I'd be surprised if they offer target render footage of Cyberpunk trumped up with post processing, etc, and then turn around and say 'those were just trailers'. That's not how you win fans,

What's so hugely different from E3 2014 that's not an artistic change(colours/saturation/contrast)? Please don't say that tower, I think I'll be hugely disappointed if the last 12 pages have been over that.

From the tip of my tongue BLOOD DECALS THAT REACT WITH WATER,VOLUMETRIC FOG WHEN LADIES OF THE WOODS APEER, IGNI SIGN, FOLIAGE... Do you wont more or is it enough for you ?

What's so hugely different from E3 2014 that's not an artistic change(colours/saturation/contrast)? Please don't say that tower, I think I'll be hugely disappointed if the last 12 pages have been over that.

To me personally, a lot... Atmosphere is a huge deal to me... It looks more alive, than current videos. Current videos look flat a bit lifeless... and to be honest, if the game looks exactly like a PS4 - somethings wrong. Far Cry 4 PC vs PS4 - miles ahead. GTA V PC vs PS4 - Miles ahead (I own both)... Miles upon miles ahead.

just to name a few

- water looks eh... compared to that demo...
- ground/building tessellation seems flat
- soft particles seem gone
- foilage is a big one for me, it went from witcher style (w2) to cartoony almost (that may be apart of your colours ?)
- and the biggest one of all - lighting... seems like basic... no dynamic lighting.

Now this is all to say, it's not released on PCs yet, I just have a hard time believing that PR of CDPR would actually allow people to post videos of a not completel ULTRA build.

Just to me, watching them side by side on my computer - pretty big differences...

And guys all this to say, if they just wouldn't of released footage that was not ever going to happen. Most of this uproar in the pc community most likey wouldn't of happened.

I think the 2014 35 minute gameplay demo lays to rest the notion that we were seeing pre-rendered/bullshot footage. While not as good looking as 2013 footage, it is still a lot better than what we have now. And we know it existed, was working, was playable. I don't understand what technical/resource/time barrier prevents one from letting the pc gamers have that.

Also, what is different is that distant objects in the E3 demo weren't covered in blue, but you could clearly see the mountains in the distance, and the tree, and all the other points of interest. Now they're all covered in fog, you can only make out the shapes.

Also what is different is interiors, lightning is all messed up in all the entirors I've seen. Compare to brothel interior at E3 game.

Actually you got it slightly wrong. All graphics are dependent on two things. Hardware and the coding that takes advantage of that hardware. Console hardware won't catch up so the only way console graphics can catch up is if the coding ins't there to take advantage of the better hardware. And this is what CD seems to have done.

This is what people are mad about. CD seems to have coded to the LOWEST common denominator. In the past games were coded to some of the best hardware available. If you had a slower rig or console you had to turn the settings down. It ran but you could easily tell the difference. Now it appears CD went the opposite route.

You seem to have forgotten the "Ubersampling and other stuff will follow later" statement. Also, in past Witcher titles the EE also brought some great graphical improvements. It would be silly to think that once the game is released CDPR will only work on the expansions and then lay the game to rest.

For those guys who spend $9999 for PC, Its stil have config file with some hide options.
Like Ubersampling (place it on 2 and you dont even get 60fps on TitanX :D
PC version WILL look better in future! Vanilla game are pretty much same for all 3 platform (almost no difference, except hairworks\hbao+\little higher grass density\ubersampling (in config), texture resolution are the same for 3 platform (2048, and u can find it in config).
BUT! No matter what, Modders will raise PC version to a new level of detail.

he wont say anything because he is sponsored by GOG which is understandable. also dont expect a WTF is... video from him (same reason)... also he wouldnt have much time to do it ..

Last edited:
Was tessellation on walls cut from the game? The few PC vidoes I've seen show flat brick walls. That seems a little odd right? Maybe they have it turned off?

You seem to have forgotten the "Ubersampling and other stuff will follow later" statement. Also, in past Witcher titles the EE also brought some great graphical improvements. It would be silly to think that once the game is released CDPR will only work on the expansions and then lay the game to rest.

It was also at one point, silly for us to think CDPR would bring out a game that doesn't look any different on all 3 systems... That is also a true statement.

To me personally, a lot... Atmosphere is a huge deal to me... It looks more alive, than current videos. Current videos look flat a bit lifeless... and to be honest, if the game looks exactly like a PS4 - somethings wrong. Far Cry 4 PC vs PS4 - miles ahead. GTA V PC vs PS4 - Miles ahead (I own both)... Miles upon miles ahead.

What about the fact that Rockstar and Ubisoft are significantly bigger than CDPR and Rockstar took over a year to make the PC version after the first console versions came out? You seem to largely ignore this. While I have to say that CDPR is not the small indie dev they once were anymore, they are nowhere near as rich as Ubisoft with their 10 million different game releases every year or Rockstar that have sold some 10 million or so copies on consoles only, before the PC version was even out. They could, from a money standpoint, afford to take their time and code a different version for PC. CDPR on the other hand are largely relying on their TW2 revenue for the development of TW3. This leaves alot less financial space to develop 3 entirely different versions of the same game.

Lets just hope the REAL ultra graphic are released with day1 patch so that they wont leak before launch orsomething

Nobody is saying that games need to look like shit on consoles. If TW3 would look like sh!t on consoles and look like what we are seeing now in the youtube streams on PC, this discussions would remain the same. The PC gamers would LOVE to see console games being the best they possible can, why not even better then PC. But because they cannot (but they still look great!), developers decide to create the same quality for both consoles and PC's.
PC gamers only ask for the possibility to get the most out of their hardware. That is what they showed before in the demos and claimed as ingame footage, now its clear the graphics wont turn out to be what they showed (I shouldn't judge until the game is released, I know). It could have been perfect, now it will only be outstanding. If medium settings would be like console graphics, then high or ultra would be perfect for PC. And low settings could be used for the older PC's. Everybody happy!

What makes a game next gen? Good gameplay? No, games with good gameplay have been around for decades. A good battle system? No, that has been around for ages. New technology off course offers new possibilities, but these do not define next gen.
Next gen is mostly about graphics and scale. The graphics are the art of the game. Most people love art and stop to look (or listen) at it because it sturs up emotions. And that is what was promised, the first, true next gen (I'm quoting here) open world RPG. A game in which the gamer would stop in awe just to enjoy the scenery. And it comes down to details (like bricks and roofs and field of view: http://imgur.com/a/LFiBg?ga...
A great example is a heavily modded Skyrim. Finish the game twice and the fun is over. But when modded to create more beautiful (stunning) environments thanks to better textures, you want to play it again just to look around in awe.

About the laugh. Console will remain the same in the next years, PC will keep on going up in power. If developers choose the same development road in the next years, what will that mean for next gen?

it's freakin ubisoft and rockstar

I agree on your statement. But this was CDPR - Witcher 2 looks better - lighting atmosphere and if you add an HD textures mod. (HD textures mod should never out due today's game) - just my opinion tho.

---------- Updated at 09:14 PM ----------

Nobody is saying that games need to look like shit on consoles. If TW3 would look like sh!t on consoles and look like what we are seeing now in the youtube streams on PC, this discussions would remain the same. The PC gamers would LOVE to see console games being the best they possible can, why not even better then PC. But because they cannot (but they still look great!), developers decide to create the same quality for both consoles and PC's.
PC gamers only ask for the possibility to get the most out of their hardware. That is what they showed before in the demos and claimed as ingame footage, now its clear the graphics wont turn out to be what they showed (I shouldn't judge until the game is released, I know). It could have been perfect, now it will only be outstanding. If medium settings would be like console graphics, then high or ultra would be perfect for PC. And low settings could be used for the older PC's. Everybody happy!

What makes a game next gen? Good gameplay? No, games with good gameplay have been around for decades. A good battle system? No, that has been around for ages. New technology off course offers new possibilities, but these do not define next gen.
Next gen is mostly about graphics and scale. The graphics are the art of the game. Most people love art and stop to look (or listen) at it because it sturs up emotions. And that is what was promised, the first, true next gen (I'm quoting here) open world RPG. A game in which the gamer would stop in awe just to enjoy the scenery. And it comes down to details (like bricks and roofs and field of view: http://imgur.com/a/LFiBg?ga...
A great example is a heavily modded Skyrim. Finish the game twice and the fun is over. But when modded to create more beautiful (stunning) environments thanks to better textures, you want to play it again just to look around in awe.

About the laugh. Console will remain the same in the next years, PC will keep on going up in power. If developers choose the same development road in the next years, what will that mean for next gen?

Hey someone else who gets it. Welcome to the club. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom