So it's ok to stream the game now? that's really sad CDPR.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a word from a red please?

I'm not going to ask you to release the game early, even though I'm really excited about playing TW3. I'd just like to ask if you're considering the option of doing so?

Would just like an official word from someone. Seeing as a lot of people are playing the game already, I wonder if you are thinking about it. Surely the patch is ready by now.

If not, can we have an estimate when on the 19th will the patch go live? Release date is set for midnight in the UK and if the patch is a few hundred megabytes you'll have a lot of people trying to download this at snail pace. GoG galaxy client took forever to pre-load the game, never getting anywhere near my download speed maximum.

If the patch is in fact a few hundred megabytes, I hope you release most of it earlier on into the day so people can download it, then at midnight just release the .exe.

I'm not entirely sure about the schedule you have planned for this, I'm just hoping it won't end up being clusterf*cky.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am disappointed with CDPR, I pre-ordered the game on GOG about a year ago and now people are playing the game before me and I have to wait.

I am not happy with this, I expected better.

Last edited:
The number of people that seem to think they'll be able bully CPR into releasing the game early is astounding to me. Yes, it sucks that so many stores released the game early but that doesn't mean anyone else is suddenly entitled to special treatment.

When some dick cuts in front of you in a long line, is your reaction to demand that you also be allowed to cut? No. You accept the fact that the guy is an asshole, maybe yell at him to go to the back of the line, and continue waiting like a civilized person. Unfortunately in this case it's impossible for the asshole to go to the back of the line, but that's life I guess.

I am disappointed with CDPR, I pre-ordered the game on GOG about a year ago and now people are playing the game before me and I have to wait.

I cant imagine they are too happy about it themselves, they are the ones who had have commercial trade agreements broken so that some greedy stores can make a profit and steal customers from their personal competitors, so they can be the one store that "has it", forcing others to do the same.

PS incase you still dont understand, its not CDPR you should be disappointed with, they are victims in this as well

I cant imagine they are too happy about it themselves, they are the ones who had have commercial trade agreements broken so that some greedy stores can make a profit and steal customers from their personal competitors, so they can be the one store that "has it", forcing others to do the same.

PS incase you still dont understand, its not CDPR you should be disappointed with, they are victims in this as well

victims of what?

The number of people that seem to think they'll be able bully CPR into releasing the game early is astounding to me. Yes, it sucks that so many stores released the game early but that doesn't mean anyone else is suddenly entitled to special treatment.

Noone Demands Special Treatment only equal Treatment. So many Countrys where the Game is sold already for all plattforms which wouldnt be a problem if cdpr's pseudo drm would do its job but its only fucking the pc-gamer community while ps4 and xbox users got their day 1 patch already plus they have the permission from cdpr to also stream it. plus the whole downgrade discussion which is like the final spark to bring the gaming community into full rage mode.

it wont kill me to wait this few more days but preordering from cdpr never again. the last publisher which could be trusted also gone.

Welcome to the real world where things are not always fair. There's only 3 days left until release, I'm sure you'll be fine man.

victims of what?

having trade agreements broken, of having to deal with all this customer mayhem because some self indulgent store owners, in having their launch window time frame compromised (which affects how STEAM and GOG unlocks, which affects hardware and software, which affects paid marketing, which affects things as simple as when they had rostered more staff on to manage the launch day mayhem, in terms of customer service, tech support), which affects possibly the patches they were working on. etc etc

and so on and so on... games just dont happen by themselves on launch they have a network of systems behind, even ones with minimal activation requirements

having trade agreements broken, of having to deal with all this customer mayhem because some self indulgent store owners, in having their launch window time frame compromised (which affects how STEAM and GOG unlocks, which affects hardware and software, which affects paid marketing, which affects things as simple as when they had rostered more staff on to manage the launch day mayhem, in terms of customer service, tech support), which affects possibly the patches they were working on. etc etc

and so on and so on... games just dont happen by themselves on launch they have a network of systems behind, even ones with minimal activation requirements

Don't think they care about trade agreements, they will not face any consequences from that, all that means to them is that they're making some money early.

Also, I don't really see them dealing with community, other than having to explain the downgrade, that has nothing to do with some stores releasing it early.

Stores selling early also doesn't affect Steam and GoG unlocks, not in the slightest. It doesn't affect anything on their side, if anything it staggers the launch for them. They have the game ready, they're doing their PR (IGN and GameSpot streaming).

Please explain how this affects their unlocks, "hardware and software" (what does that even mean???).

It doesn't affect them in the slightest. Other than people asking them to unlock it early, which they can easily ignore.

Don't think they care about trade agreements, they will not face any consequences from that, all that means to them is that they're making some money early.

Also, I don't really see them dealing with community, other than having to explain the downgrade, that has nothing to do with some stores releasing it early.

Stores selling early also doesn't affect Steam and GoG unlocks, not in the slightest. It doesn't affect anything on their side, if anything it staggers the launch for them. They have the game ready, they're doing their PR (IGN and GameSpot streaming).

Please explain how this affects their unlocks, "hardware and software" (what does that even mean???).

It doesn't affect them in the slightest. Other than people asking them to unlock it early, which they can easily ignore.

STEAM and GOG unlocks dont affect CDPR? have you seen then forums, full of cry babies who are hating on the company because those bought in stores can play but legitimate customers who bought online cant. The amount of negativity and stupidity raised by those customers could fuel our whole planet for years. That doesnt affect a company who is renown for being very customer based *roll eyes* This NOT Ubisoft or EA who have zero interest in their customer problems.

STEAM and GOG unlocks dont affect CDPR? have you seen then forums, full of cry babies who are hating on the company because those bought in stores can play but legitimate customers who bought online cant. The amount of negativity and stupidity raised by those customers could fuel our whole planet for years. That doesnt affect a company who is renown for being very customer based *roll eyes* This NOT Ubisoft or EA who have zero interest in their customer problems.

I asked you how it affects Steam and GoG unlocks and your reply is "Steam and GoG unlocks don't affect CDPR?"

Imo clearly not at all. And you failed to explain to me how exactly it does affect CDPR.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/599236523993800704

I can understand maintaining the release date when you try to stop early releases or people sharing something that's not officially launched.
But now since looks it's ok to stream, I don't see why not release early for the people who pre-ordered the game.
Are about the ones who pre-ordered on GOG or digital on console?

NOTE: If the mod's think that this thread should be merged on other ok. Just don't ban me =)

it doesnt really matter if it is ok or not... they cant stop it so might aswell be ok with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom