Cancel your preorder before you get burned

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre order canceled.

IWaiting PC review, not console review until i decide buy this or not

I didn't even know Steam does refunds. It looks like you're only allowed to get Steam credit?

Good for you for seeing this through. I might do the same as well and just wait for a Steam sale when it's 4.99$

I will gladly get burned! I expect Yennefer or Triss or Keira or Fringilla to change my bandages....

Wait!!!! Strike that! Actually all of them can apply the lotion at my wounds... All at the same time... :p

Last edited:
I didn't even know Steam does refunds. It looks like you're only allowed to get Steam credit?

Good for you for seeing this through. I might do the same as well and just wait for a Steam sale when it's 4.99$

You can refund only pre-order game on steam, new policy and its on steam wallet credit.

seriously?
I should cancel my pre order for the most beautiful open world game because of some pixels in the screenshots and videos you don't like?
making a game isn't waking up some day like "hey guys,let's make a game,with tons of shiny effects and particle effects and awesome lights and awesome textures,with some 200 km² land,and the best story telling of these last years".
when you make a game you have constraints...not only hardware,but time,and money...
I don't think these people has cut some graphical effects on pc just to make consoles look a little bit less shitty.
these guys like what they are doing,and trust me,making a video game for a programmer who loves that,is like making a painting...
there is nothing more gratifying to see people amazed with the quality of your game.

Hey, guess what we don't do around here?

Accuse each other or our host of lying. Just not worth the trouble. ANy posts that I find doing so will be edited or deleted and poster may find themselves in that TERRIBLE VOID.

:pizza:
so I guess the le reddit army/ 4channers/neogaf haterade crew have sent their finest agents to sabotage the release and trigger many of us witcher fanboys. Oh be still, my beating heart. :rly?:
The OP's profile being made today, has a history of 3 total posts all arguably being negative and is now brigading to boycott a product right on the official forums where he/she knows is where you're gonna get the most resistance lol.

Honestly mods, I don't see any reason for this thread's purpose other than to incite an obvious flame bait & war. It's understandable if it's in a 50th downgrade thread saying that they'll cancel their preorder. However It's just plain absurd when an entire thread is created for it and now has 5 pages and rising LOL

Last edited:
damn...I was planning to work as a game programmer but,these threads are really worrying me...
you got paid 1600 euros a month for sweating blood,and people are never happy lol

damn...I was planning to work as a game programmer but,these threads are really worrying me...
you got paid 1600 euros a month for sweating blood,and people are never happy lol

RIght?

Might as well call the next game in the series: The Witcher 4: Everything Is Awesome And Nobody's Happy

Are customers not allowed to voice their disappointments? Ive seen threads locked without personal attacks thrown but only of the basis it might incite a flamewar.

the reason you don't see the personal attacks is because they were deleted so those posts no longer show up. But believe me they were there, and they are not just from one side of the argument. There are People on both sides that just don't know how to voice their opinions in a productive and constructive manner.

I have a couple of days to decide whether or not to cancel my pre-order. If I do elect to cancel my pre-order, I'll wait until it's on sale for $5.

Talentx3;1661559I love ponies! [/QUOTE said:
At the time that was all they had to show, you either get an early look at a game you are exited for or you don't get to see the game until its launched.

I personally would rather see an early development prototype of a game(even if it doesn't fully represent the quality of the final product) than see nothing until launch. but thatch just my opinion and you are free to disagree with it, I fully understand why people are upset about it I just don't feel that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I won't be trusting anymore new game trailers coming from them or preordering blindly.

If the last 3 years have tought you anything, than that you shouldn't trust them in the first place. They are like an appetizer. It often shows the best the engine can do, in the best camera angles possible. But it does not reflect a realistic picture of the game upon release. Not everybody has 2 GTX Titan in his rig so they need to optimize and as far as I heard they did a damn fine job at optimizing. Way better than many other developers. They also changed the art style. They noticed the sharp flora was hurting the eyes when playing so the changed the game to be not so sharp, but rather smooth. And they switched the color's a bit. So the trailer will never show what a final product will look like. ;)

Seriously, I haven't seen one company go through so many puppies in less than a year.

This can't end well.

Do the right thing and wait it out.

Nope. I am way to excited to play the game. I think I have a very good impression about the game based on all the footage and coverage and reviews and I am very happy how the game turned out. I am also very pleased with how good they optimized the game and the graphics look still very good considering it is such a huge open world. Damn I'm excited. Wanna play it already ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom