so pleased this game is on gog but I really don't like steam forums anymore

+
so pleased this game is on gog but I really don't like steam forums anymore

thanks CD PROJEKT RED, I have wild hunt on pre-order from GoG for a year now, I am getting it for Ps4 too, in the mail now. I am so disappointed with steam forums again, it appears that every new game gets a ton of hate, my experience has been UBISOFT with AC ROGUE, FROM SOFTWARE Dark Souls 2: SOTFS all have got so much hate on steam forums, and now The Witcher 3, over so called downgrade grfx (which cannot exist for a game not even out yet!) with so much hate from petty little so called gamer's?

I really don't know why people bother with steam forums any more, these kids are usually the self entitled and just plain out for hate all devs in the world . CDPR does not deserve this, I am glad these forums are here, and I am not posting on steam as I get blasted from these haters, in the end why bother selling it on steam? its not necessary....

really looking forward to the game:) its going to be a excellent...the previous 2 were a joy to play, this I have been waiting for...its going to be worth it:)

I really don't know why people bother with steam forums any more,

I don't think you should be bothered. Trolls are everywhere, Steam forums can be very useful, haters gonna hate, no matter what kind of graphics will be in the game, or how the modders will improve it...

Steam forums have always been well known for being full of trolls and idiots.

well, it appears to have degenerated over the past 2 years, especially with the down votes of reviews of new games that the self entitled feel should be free upgrades or ripoffs to themselves, no matter...:)

Attachments

• wDJToeZ.jpg
    wDJToeZ.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 57
GOG.com has the best community I have EVER seen on a gaming site. It is incredible. In all the years I have seen exactly 1 asshole. The Insmonia Sales on gog are a great event and many people gift each other games and having fun. I feel very comfortable there. But the steam forums...there are an unholy grave. Don't disturb it and you might see the light of the next day...

Steam forums at the moment:

View attachment 14223

hahah, rofl......

---------- Updated at 12:15 PM ----------

GOG.com has the best community I have EVER seen on a gaming site. It is incredible. In all the years I have seen exactly 1 asshole. The Insmonia Sales on gog are a great event and many people gift each other games and having fun. I feel very comfortable there. But the steam forums...there are an unholy grave. Don't disturb it and you might see the light of the next day...

very true, I been on gog over 5 years and its been a pleasure, I just get slammed on steam 'as everything that is wrong with modern gaming'....

lmao...just cos I pre order a game they think should not be allowed or as they say a 'cash grab' etc etc

American teen angst any one?

I am British btw....

Well Steam forums are........ not that bad.... oh hell who am i kidding they freaky suck, over the years they become worse.

I actually moved to these forums to talk about the game since the steam forums are so full of nerd rage

thanks CD PROJEKT RED, I have wild hunt on pre-order from GoG for a year now, I am getting it for Ps4 too, in the mail now. I am so disappointed with steam forums again, it appears that every new game gets a ton of hate, my experience has been UBISOFT with AC ROGUE, FROM SOFTWARE Dark Souls 2: SOTFS all have got so much hate on steam forums, and now The Witcher 3, over so called downgrade grfx (which cannot exist for a game not even out yet!) with so much hate from petty little so called gamer's?

I really don't know why people bother with steam forums any more, these kids are usually the self entitled and just plain out for hate all devs in the world . CDPR does not deserve this, I am glad these forums are here, and I am not posting on steam as I get blasted from these haters, in the end why bother selling it on steam? its not necessary....

really looking forward to the game:) its going to be a excellent...the previous 2 were a joy to play, this I have been waiting for...its going to be worth it:)

So People who rightfully feel betrayed are trolls, haters and kids? Now that´s a statement.
In fact the People who complain about it are the biggest Witcher Fans. If i dont care about a Game, i dont complain about any of it.
I will never understand People like you.

So People who rightfully feel betrayed are trolls, haters and kids? Now that´s a statement.
In fact the People who complain about it are the biggest Witcher Fans. If i dont care about a Game, i dont complain about any of it.
I will never understand People like you.

to be honest it feels like trolling when people claim that pc graphics are = ps4 =P maybe on low settings but never maxed out, and that was claimed and spammed on every forum like hell the last days =P. i wish for the game to look as good as possible .. i would be sad if it would look worse in the final release than whats been showen lately ... steam forum are even wors . and have always been like that .. i visit steam forum 2 times ( after a game got released ) and i just se so many top threads that are screaming troll in there header and i whent in and starting reading .. and i only say http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d2435c6fde1ef1a119472be31d6aed15ad51f9930fd96f46084d13fa205a60e.jpg .... and turned around its so awefull.. well people can be happy with the mods here .. there are very patient .. if i would have been a mod( and from my days back as an admin with my own community) my ban hammer was very fast. =P keeping community clean of garbage is important .. sadly thats something steam is missing.. and its also impossible to do on steam becouse of the size of that thing =P

to be honest it feels like trolling when people claim that pc graphics are = ps4 =P maybe on low settings but never maxed out, and that was claimed and spammed on every forum like hell the last days =P. i wish for the game to look as good as possible .. i would be sad if it would look worse in the final release than whats been showen lately ... steam forum are even wors . and have always been like that .. i visit steam forum 2 times ( after a game got released ) and i just se so many top threads that are screaming troll in there header and i whent in and starting reading .. and i only say http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d2435c6fde1ef1a119472be31d6aed15ad51f9930fd96f46084d13fa205a60e.jpg .... and turned around its so awefull.. well people can be happy with the mods here .. there are very patient .. if i would have been a mod( and from my days back as an admin with my own community) my ban hammer was very fast. =P keeping community clean of garbage is important .. sadly thats something steam is missing.. and its also impossible to do on steam becouse of the size of that thing =P

As long no one gets insultet, im fine. The written word sounds always more "offending" as if you would have an eye to eye conversation. The Heat , the Emotions, its easy to missunderstand something that maybe isnt that serious.
See, i blame CDRP for their false Informations, but i have nothing but deep respect for the programmers who maybe the best in the world. If i "rage" about CDRP because im disappointet, that dont mean i "hate" the Dev´s who worked their asses off. If i would think about them, i would feel sorry, but that´s not my Job. My Job is to pay and play.

I understand People who rage about it, i kind of understand People who rather shut their Eyes. Me rather speak my mind.
After all we have to respect every point of view. But calling People who are disappointet Trolls and Haters is ridiculous. They have every right to be so.

I for myself decided not to play the Game at Release and rather wait 2-3 Month´s and see what happens. The maybe best RPG every created is worth the wait when it means i can get the EXP i expected.

(sorry dude, english not native, i hope you get what i mean)

Have Fun.

As long no one gets insultet, im fine. The written word sounds always more "offending" as if you would have an eye to eye conversation. The Heat , the Emotions, its easy to missunderstand something that maybe isnt that serious.
See, i blame CDRP for their false Informations, but i have nothing but deep respect for the programmers who maybe the best in the world. If i "rage" about CDRP because im disappointet, that dont mean i "hate" the Dev´s who worked their asses off. If i would think about them, i would feel sorry, but that´s not my Job. My Job is to pay and play.

I understand People who rage about it, i kind of understand People who rather shut their Eyes. Me rather speak my mind.
After all we have to respect every point of view. But calling People who are disappointet Trolls and Haters is ridiculous. They have every right to be so.

I for myself decided not to play the Game at Release and rather wait 2-3 Month´s and see what happens. The maybe best RPG every created is worth the wait when it means i can get the EXP i expected.

(sorry dude, english not native, i hope you get what i mean)

Have Fun.

for me all the raging feels like ..( i know most of the time its not like this but thats how i feel it sound almost like )
it feels like they say without respect : this game is shit, they lie to you becouse they only wanna have you money and dont care about shit they create, its just to steal from you . come rage with me against those cu**'s

and that is just wrong. especial when the game has not even released yet =P and every time i see those comments as basic trolling .. if i would have been a mod i would have deleted stuff faster.

i think normally there are reasons why stuff happen .. lets say everything was right i am sure it would not be the devs wish to do so .. it would be those wo pushed it faults .. because developer normally do there job with pations .. or they could not create big complicated stuff .. and bugs and all the other stuff ..well if they fix it i can understand that ( even tho they are sad =P and there will be bug raging here after the game released=P ) i do programming my self and i know how it is and how stuff works. =)

for me all the raging feels like ..( i know most of the time its not like this but thats how i feel it sound almost like )
it feels like they say without respect : this game is shit, they lie to you becouse they only wanna have you money and dont care about shit they create, its just to steal from you . come rage with me against those cu**'s

and that is just wrong. especial when the game has not even released yet =P and every time i see those comments as basic trolling .. if i would have been a mod i would have deleted stuff faster.

i think normally there are reasons why stuff happen .. lets say everything was right i am sure it would not be the devs wish to do so .. it would be those wo pushed it faults .. because developer normally do there job with pations .. or they could not create big complicated stuff .. and bugs and all the other stuff ..well if they fix it i can understand that ( even tho they are sad =P and there will be bug raging here after the game released=P ) i do programming my self and i know how it is and how stuff works. =)

Year, kind of true, but...
Scam and BS happens all the Time, Ubisoft FROM EA Gearbox, you name it. Almost every Title, Lies and false Informations.
When a company, maybe the last company with a good reputation lie to you too, than i totaly can understand that some people just have enough. For myself i can say, CDPR was the last company i trusted and it realy pissed me off big time as i realized that the whole Gameplayfootage was just a marketing bubble.
Yes, i believe CDPR wanted the Game to look like this, but no one forced them to tell us this was true Gameplay footage.
When i see a 35m Gameplaydemo with pure awesomeness and the Dev tell me that thats PC Gameplay, not in my worst Dreams i thought that the Grafics would be downgraded to Console Level.
Its 100% their fault that all this happened in the first place (with their i dont mean the dudes who sit there and actual make the Game, i know they cant do anything about it). They (CDPR CEO whoever) just should have been honest to us the Moment they choose to kick the "true" PC Version for what ever Reasons.
That bugs me way more than the reduced Grafics. This Game is beautifull enough to sell it like it is. The whole Fake Stuff was absolutly unnecessary.
We should talk about the Love and Atmosphere these Artists made and not about a downgrade and still its nothing we should ignore. Im sure this will Hunt CDPR a long time. And that´s realy sad. I think the Programmers who made it deserved better. :(

Last edited:
steam forums ok for some games (even pretty good)

but step into the realm of AAA steam games and theres no returning, evil germinates in there

You should look up the psychological term "Displacement".

As an example. You are angry at your boss - but can't vent that frustration at him. Instead you let out your anger at a less dangerous source. For example - shouting at a beggar for asking for money all furious - to let out the rage you feel towards your boss. This most often happens unconsciously.

What the heck does this have to do with poisonous internet forums? One word: Anonymity. Because of anonymity on the internet - it is the absolute easiest place for frustrated, hateful, angry and unhappy people to vent their emotions. Thus getting a release for their emotional build-up.

Conclusion:

Internet forums will always be mostly negative, only limited by vigilant moderators. Because people who are weak emotionally (which counts for most people especially teens) will always seek out internet forums as their main source of displacement.

Top Bottom