[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
Sorry for OT, but i can't find it anywhere.... Is there a thread for bug reports? I've been watching streams and there is a serious glitch that counts time spent meditating as a time played.

edit: not "serious" as game breaking, just very obvious, giving you a "WTF??" kind of moment ;D

Sorry for OT, but i can't find it anywhere.... Is there a thread for bug reports? I've been watching streams and there is a serious glitch that counts time spent meditating as a time played.

edit: not "serious" as game breaking, just very obvious, giving you a "WTF??" kind of moment ;D

There's a subforum for technical support, but as the game hasn't officially been launched yet...?

There's a subforum for technical support, but as the game hasn't officially been launched yet...?

Well there was official tweet about gameplay streaming policy and since game is avaliable without problems on main retail distribution market without too much of a problem i guess it's better to start helping guys from cdpr with user feedback as soon as possible :)

edit: guys AND gals :D

so far we've had reviews from the american continent and europe. wonder what the japanese reviewers thought of TW3 ? :hmm:

I've read 3 reviews which all said there's a ton of fetch fluff.

"a ton of fetch fluff" ... really? Where? Only IGN mentioned it when talking about the main storyline.. other have said that even in the monster hunting quests there are interesting characters, interesting dialogs, stories, choices, etc.. hell, you can say that almost every quest in what ever RPG is a fetch quest.. even the best RPGs ever, when you take their quests to the basics, that they are nothing more than fetch quests.. and that's fine in my opinion, but what matters the most is, if you can make them interesting.. and the Wticher games can make them interesting.. just like the best RPGs in the history..

I've read 3 reviews which all said there's a ton of fetch fluff.

Gameinformer said:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt encompasses what I hope is the future of RPGs. It stands out for its wonderful writing, variety of quests and things to do in the world, and how your choices have impact in interesting ways. Usually something is sacrificed when creating a world this ambitious, but everything felt right on cue. I still think about some of my choices and how intriguing they turned out – for better or worse.

Gamespot said:
Every quest is a story of sadness or triumph waiting to absorb you, asking you to make decisions that change the landscape in various ways. You won't always know what the consequences are; some decisions have noticeable, game-altering repercussions, while others barely draw your gaze. But the consequences are there, and you often notice them, even though the game doesn't go out of its way to call attention to them.

Gametrailers said:
This sense of choice and consequence carries into the quest design, making nearly all of them feel meaningful, whether you’re simply helping an old woman get back her frying pan or spending hours to track down a baron’s missing family. It’s even worthwhile to invest in the local collectible card game, Gwent, as rounds make their way into other quests as well. The most significant quests expand on characters that you encounter in the course of the central plot, deepening your understanding of who they are, while others such as monster contracts can be gathered from notice boards, but even many of these seemingly simple tasks have many great stories to tell.

Quotes from the first three reviews that came to mind.

...and there are 30 more that says otherwise.

Most commenters around the web criticizing various aspects of the game "because reviews said so" seem to hold rather tightly to the one review they found that in some way could be seen to reinforce their previous opinions on why W3 will suck, happily ignoring the few dozen that claim otherwise. Graphics, fetch quests, sexism, you name it. Not saying that Mr Bauer here does that, but you find it far too often out there.

People talking about fetch quests hurts my head. There is a huge difference between an empty fetch quest, and one that has meaning. They aren't bad, they are just typically used lazily. If you don't want to find things in an RPG there won't be much to do, it's how interesting those quests are. You could boil any type of gameplay down to the basics and it will be boring if it lacks substance. Eugh I can't argue with this failure logic, my brain...even the devs talked about how the "fetch quests" were not simple and often multi layered, so their existence isn't the type of GOTCHA that some people think it is.

Most commenters around the web criticizing various aspects of the game "because reviews said so" seem to hold rather tightly to the one review they found that in some way could be seen to reinforce their previous opinions on why W3 will suck, happily ignoring the few dozen that claim otherwise. Graphics, fetch quests, sexism, you name it. Not saying that Mr Bauer here does that, but you find it far too often out there.

It's basically like this:

Well, maybe not as extreme, but still.

Last edited:
I would like to add that the reviewer that complained about fetch quests also gave the game a 9.3/10... yes there may be some fetch quests, but it obviously didn't bother the reviewer that much because he still gave it an amazing score.

people keep pulling small complaints out of overall extremely positive reviews ignoring the fact that many reviewers played the game for 100+ hours and still felt it was a 9-10/10 game. no matter what game you play, you will start to notice a few problems after 100 hours. From what I have read and seen so far the game will be extremely enjoyable, we only have a little more than 2 days guys just hang in there.

Reviews from Brazil will arrive on Monday. IGN Brasil, Uol Jogos and Baixaki Jogos it seens. The guys from IGN Brasil made a Live yesterday and were liking the game very much

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

important: around 1:45, he says that most of the gameplay footage is PS4 footage. because they got the PS4 copy a while ago, thus he played the game on PS4 mostly.

Top Bottom